New Silvio Thread

Kansas Basketball.
NDballer13

Re: New Silvio Thread

Post by NDballer13 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:40 pm Lightfoot just put on a redshirt.
Don't think he'll play as a backup 4? With the lack of shooting, I don't think 4 guards will see much time. And I think you'll see less time with both Dok and McCormack on the floor together.

Don't forget he's one of the best shooters on the team, lol.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:51 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:40 pm Lightfoot just put on a redshirt.
Don't think he'll play as a backup 4? With the lack of shooting, I don't think 4 guards will see much time. And I think you'll see less time with both Dok and McCormack on the floor together.

Don't forget he's one of the best shooters on the team, lol.
I think Garrett probably makes more sense as the 4th big, honestly. When we do want to go small, which I hope isn't too often.

It'll be interesting how Self pairs guys. I think his preference is to rotate three guys through the two big spots. You can certainly pair Dok and SDS, and SDS and McCormack...I hope Self plays both Dok and McCormack together, but I'm not sure if he will especially against small lineups. That'd be where Lightfoot comes into play.

Personally I'd prefer to play Bully ball 40 mpg just rotating Dok, SDS, and McMack with each guy playing 25-28 mpg.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

With De Sousa and Dotson in the mix, 2020 is shaping up to be one the most likable teams of the Self era.

Coming after a season that had so many unlikable personalities and were a terrible fit together.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wait what unlikable personalities?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well, you have the Vick dumpsterfire and the Grimes excuse train. Charlie is probably a good kid, but was completely unlikable as a player.

The best parts of this past season were Devon and Och and there's a good chance that those are the two things that we get to keep for another year.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Think he's happy? Also a good reminder to hug your lawyer today . . .

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

*hugs cnb*
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

just gonna say, i called it
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:15 pm Well, you have the Vick dumpsterfire and the Grimes excuse train. Charlie is probably a good kid, but was completely unlikable as a player.

The best parts of this past season were Devon and Och and there's a good chance that those are the two things that we get to keep for another year.
This. Last year was all over board. The season felt like it had a permanent dark cloud over it.

I was a bit unsure of next year but 2019-20 has the dangerous word, potential to be special.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Just saw this news. All I've got to say is,

FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA! FUCK YOU NCAA!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:53 pm Dotson coming back might be the single highest priority personnel decision that I can think of in Self's tenure here.

I mean, you could argue the Rush one in hindsight. But I don't think there's been another player who's decision to come back would be this important to the outlook of the team. We basically either have an AA level PG, or we make due with non-PGs and a 100+ ranked freshman.
Or Hampton chooses us on May 28th and we have a Top 5 freshman PG instead of a Top 25 sophomore PG.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Rod Hampton said Dotson and grimes returning to school would be a plus in his sons recruitment.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:12 pm Rod Hampton said Dotson and grimes returning to school would be a plus in his sons recruitment.
Wow! That is great news! They Dotson is coming back. Who knows about Grimes. Play overseas?
Deleted User 104

Silvio, Udoka and McK -- it's looking like next year will have a fantastic frontcourt (if our guys don't get injured).
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:53 pm Dotson coming back might be the single highest priority personnel decision that I can think of in Self's tenure here.

I mean, you could argue the Rush one in hindsight. But I don't think there's been another player who's decision to come back would be this important to the outlook of the team. We basically either have an AA level PG, or we make due with non-PGs and a 100+ ranked freshman.
Or Hampton chooses us on May 28th and we have a Top 5 freshman PG instead of a Top 25 sophomore PG.
Hampton is a combo guard, not a pure point, he wants to play alongside a true pg.

And hampton is more likely to come if dotson stays...which makes retaining dotson that much more important.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I doubt we have to worry about it because I think Dotson will choose to return. With the squad looking like it does, KU could have a monster year and being the lead guard on a monster squad could push Dotson's draft status up to where he wants it.
Last edited by twocoach on Sat May 25, 2019 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Graham says hello.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:02 pm With De Sousa and Dotson in the mix, 2020 is shaping up to be one the most likable teams of the Self era.

Coming after a season that had so many unlikable personalities and were a terrible fit together.
Agree 1000%
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 104

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:17 pm Think he's happy? Also a good reminder to hug your lawyer today . . .

Nice suit, C&B.