NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: NBA 2018

Post by Deleted User 75 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bso9YYGlmGx ... ydqpf1hq9k

Boston has some issues.

Kyrie wants Marcus Morris and Marcus Smart with him it seems. I don't think he has much use for Jaylen Brown or Gordon Haward at this point...

They got a big win tonight against Toronto in a game that was closer than the final score.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 75

It's cool watching Marcus Morris interact with opposing players after games. He gets a TON of respect from a lot of big stars. Really cool to see. He's a guy that many of the superstars in the league would love to be paired with it seems.

Lowry gave him some extended love after tonight, as did Kawhi. Pretty cool. He's having an amazing season and fits perfectly with Boston.
Deleted User 75

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsuVqujB-kI ... 4a09k9mw4c

Interesting comments. Cool to see how Kyrie has grown as a leader.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://solecollector.com/news/2019/01/ ... t-bb-rules

wtf...app-controlled, self-lacing sneaker (nba approved)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Deleted User 75

LOL 515!!!! That's insane.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:38 am https://www.instagram.com/p/BsuVqujB-kI ... 4a09k9mw4c

It's that moment we all have (or should have) when we call our parents and apologize for what dipshits we were when we were kids.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:44 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:38 am https://www.instagram.com/p/BsuVqujB-kI ... 4a09k9mw4c

It's that moment we all have (or should have) when we call our parents and apologize for what dipshits we were when we were kids.
No doubt.

Kyrie is weird. This was a weird thing to have play out in the media. But it shows he's grown as a leader and now understands how good of a leader LeBron was/is.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It shows he is at least trying to grow as a leader. He is still behaving like a dipshit on ocassion.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:54 am It shows he is at least trying to grow as a leader. He is still behaving like a dipshit on ocassion.
For sure. The bashing of the young guys to the media, yelling at his coach on the sidelines as he drew up a play, yelling at Gordon Hayward for not passing the ball to who kyrie wanted it to go to the other night on the last play of the game (went to Tatum and he missed a contested jumper at the buzzer).....I'm not sure he has the locker room clout to do that kind of shit. Keep it in the locker room and out of the media if possible.
Deleted User 75

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PLEASE DON'T GO BILL SELF!
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Going to Spurs game next Tuesday. I’ll put a stop to it for good.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

I still don't think they'd go for Self (personally)....but maybe if they're going into a total rebuild mode they'd have more of an appetite for a coach who would need a year or 2 to adjust to coaching in the NBA. It's working out for Donovan and Stevens....didn't work so work well for Hoiberg and many others.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:39 pm I still don't think they'd go for Self (personally)....but maybe if they're going into a total rebuild mode they'd have more of an appetite for a coach who would need a year or 2 to adjust to coaching in the NBA. It's working out for Donovan and Stevens....didn't work so work well for Hoiberg and many others.
I'm not sure that roster as constructed right now would even be enticing to Self to leave. Unless he's just sick of the NCAA.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:39 pm I still don't think they'd go for Self (personally)....but maybe if they're going into a total rebuild mode they'd have more of an appetite for a coach who would need a year or 2 to adjust to coaching in the NBA. It's working out for Donovan and Stevens....didn't work so work well for Hoiberg and many others.
I'm not sure that roster as constructed right now would even be enticing to Self to leave. Unless he's just sick of the NCAA.
Agreed.

That's half the battle of jumping to the NBA for college coaches. Rarely do they get offered the good jobs like Stevens got. They're set up to fail from day 1 if they go to a crappy team....and they're the first to go if/when that team continues to lose.

Take Hoiberg for example....I don't think he's a bad coach or did a bad job with the bulls....but he's gone.....I don't think it would matter who was the coach of the bulls, could be POP, Stevens, K, anyone, they'd still suck because they don't have enough (any?) good players. Some NBA jobs/franchises are just a revolving door.

Now, if Self was at Iowa State then he'd be much more tempted....but he's at Kansas. There's no coming back to a job this good if you take an NBA job with a bad team and inevitably fail.

....but like you said, if he said "I'm sick of the NCAA BS, I'd understand completely. But I think the run we are on, and how much money he makes, should be enough to avoid that happening.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

"I don't why". "I don't know why"
"Whoopie freaking do".
"Whatever".

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtFK8IJhaKz/?
Deleted User 75

Greatest show on TV. It's pure entertainment.