NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: NBA 2018

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TDub wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm He's not entirely wrong.
He's not wrong at all...but definitely deserved to get suspended for saying that.

KD joining the team they should have beaten several years ago when he was in OKC was the ultimate bitch move.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Draymond who?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Why do you have to suspend him? Im not a huge Draymond fan. But. Suspension for that is weak.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

was gonna say, draymond is a bitch too
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:05 pmDraymond who?
He's the Draymond who is a 3x NBA Champ, 3x NBA All Star, has won a DPOY, was an NBA steals leader, made the NBA First Team Defense 3x.
He's the Draymond who had a triple double in an NBA Finals Game 6 in which his team won the championship.
Had 32 points and 15 rebounds in an NBA Finals game 7.
In another NBA Finals game 7 he had 10 points, 13 rebounds and 5 assists.
He's the Draymond the Warriors probably don't win 2 if not 3 championships without him.
Last edited by Deleted User 183 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 75

TDub wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:06 pm Why do you have to suspend him? Im not a huge Draymond fan. But. Suspension for that is weak.
That's the definition of conduct detrimental to the team.
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:41 am was gonna say, draymond is a bitch too
Yes. His reaction proved that as well.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

Josh Jackson was playing very well for a rookie but had really regressed so far this year. Did he stay in shape over the summer etc? It’s very easy to see getting millions thrown at you to stop and enjoy it. He should be fine.
Ayton should be able to clear him a path for those slashing dunks.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Deleted User 183

Either this was a set up (setup?) or David is proof marijuana makes you stoopid.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqk65lKBdlA/?
Deleted User 183

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:36 pm Svi impressing people out in LA

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lakers-ukrai ... 44385.html
Very well may have made more consecutive 3s in practice than the total number of 3 pointers he will make the entire season.
Svi is struggling big time and probably should pretend he's back playing pre-season ball.
As much as Lakers fans may like Svi and not like LaVar "Daddy" Ball, how soon before they ask is there a good reason why the Lakers feel Svi is a better NBA player than LiAngelo Ball would be?
At this point the Lakers might as well sign Sherron and let him play Svi's minutes.

Deleted User 75

Toronto looks awesome tonight. No Steph or Dray for GS, but Toronto is just smothering them on defense.
Deleted User 183

Amazing when a team without perhaps the best shooter in the league scores 119 points in regulation and they were "smothered" on defense by their opponent.
NBA = Entertainment business and NBA entertainment is defined by offense and a constant continuous loud shit show in-between game action.
Would love to know what James Naismith's would think of today's NBA. Who knows? He might love it.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

bet he’d prefer the college game
Deleted User 75

Gutter wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:20 am Amazing when a team without perhaps the best shooter in the league scores 119 points in regulation and they were "smothered" on defense by their opponent.
Well....I made that comment when it was like 32-17 with a couple minutes left in the 1st quarter.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:28 am bet he’d prefer the college game
Maybe style of play but definitely wouldn’t be happy with the money behind it. You think I’m bad for arguing for the ideals of the love of the game, meet my friend Naismith.
Deleted User 183

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:24 am
Gutter wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:20 am Amazing when a team without perhaps the best shooter in the league scores 119 points in regulation and they were "smothered" on defense by their opponent.
Well....I made that comment when it was like 32-17 with a couple minutes left in the 1st quarter.
No doubt that's when you made it - I see the time of your post - and I have no reason to believe the Raptors weren't playing smothering defense up to that point.
I just find it interesting that for the next 38 minutes of basketball Toronto either didn't want to and/or simply couldn't continue to play that smothering defense - and gave up 102 points in those 38 minutes.
I will never understand why men who get paid many millions of dollars to play a game can do it half assed and get away with it.
Deleted User 75

Gutter wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:24 am
No doubt that's when you made it - I see the time of your post - and I have no reason to believe the Raptors weren't playing smothering defense up to that point.
I just find it interesting that for the next 38 minutes of basketball Toronto either didn't want to and/or simply couldn't continue to play that smothering defense - and gave up 102 points in those 38 minutes.
I will never understand why men who get paid many millions of dollars to play a game can do it half assed and get away with it.
Imo, they still played pretty good defense, but KD was on fire. Klay hit some tough shots. And jerebko was also on fire. Great offense usually beats great defense.

There was little to none "half-assing" going on in that game between probably the 2 best teams in the league.

And now with the emergence of Siakam, Toronto actually has a lineup that can get up and down the floor with GSW. Ibaka at the 5 works better for them. Probably got a preview of the finals last night.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Deleted User 75

Mr. Hoiberg joins the long list of college coaches to fail in the NBA. Fired.