NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 183

Re: NBA 2018

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Long overdue. See ya Mayor. I wish him the best wherever he may be wanted in the college ranks.
The funny thing is with this roster and the injuries the Bools have/had this season - I would love to know who Gar/Pax think would have done better than 5-19.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Gutter wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:44 am Long overdue. See ya Mayor. I wish him the best wherever he may be wanted in the college ranks.
The funny thing is with this roster and the injuries the Bools have/had this season - I would love to know who Gar/Pax think would have done better than 5-19.
Ya. I like their roster, but they're not ready to win consistently.

Getting Markanenn back will help. Lavine is a solid piece. Parker is starting to hit his stride. Wendell Carter is better than expected.....but they have no A list type player on their team and likely won't this season.

Hoiberg isn't solely to blame for their struggles....but that's the game you play in the NBA. Coaches get fired even if roster construction by those above the coach is the main issue.
Deleted User 75

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq7pMYmn7eQ ... ohm7laq8f4

"Not respected on an NBA level"

I often wonder about Self in that regard. Tons of college success, but no NBA experience as a player or coach. Makes it a risky move. Hoiberg only had to leave Iowa state, but Self has to leave Kansas...and that has to make it a more difficult proposition.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Gutter wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:44 am Long overdue. See ya Mayor. I wish him the best wherever he may be wanted in the college ranks.
i would think 5-19 would be possible without ANY head coach at all
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

It is time to eliminate the corner three
No NBA team attempted more than 26 three-pointers per game in 2013-14. This season, the Houston Rockets attempt 42.2 per game, and 26 of the league's 30 teams are trying 26-plus per game. What's more, Houston averaged more than 50 such shots during the preseason - the NBA's annual test kitchen.
By extending the three-point line in a natural arc straight into the sideline, players will be forced into more midrange shots and rim attacks.
https://www.ozy.com/immodest-proposal/i ... hree/90968
Deleted User 75

LOL....what?
Deleted User 75

Players will never be "forced" into mid range shots. They're statistically the worst shot you can attempt. 3s and paint attempts make much more sense strategically and statistically.
Deleted User 75

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrNmzNzAfcg ... 3xe3sfl8q7

My oh my, how things have changed....look at all those eastern conference teams in the top 6!
Deleted User 75

Also, look at OKC quietly sneaking up on everyone...and interestingly enough they are doing it with defense. And they don't even have Roberson back yet....they'll be a sneaky tough out once the playoffs roll around. PG13 and Russ are figuring out how to work together much better this year and Schroeder has been really finding his role within the team.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:10 am Also, look at OKC quietly sneaking up on everyone...and interestingly enough they are doing it with defense. And they don't even have Roberson back yet....they'll be a sneaky tough out once the playoffs roll around. PG13 and Russ are figuring out how to work together much better this year and Schroeder has been really finding his role within the team.
Can't be stated enough how much not having Carmelo has helped that team.
Deleted User 75

NDballer13 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:50 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:10 am Also, look at OKC quietly sneaking up on everyone...and interestingly enough they are doing it with defense. And they don't even have Roberson back yet....they'll be a sneaky tough out once the playoffs roll around. PG13 and Russ are figuring out how to work together much better this year and Schroeder has been really finding his role within the team.
Can't be stated enough how much not having Carmelo has helped that team.
Agreed.

And the fact he failed there, when they seemingly tried to cater to him specifically to no avail, makes it totally understandable why not a single team has shown interest since he got cut from Houston. He's just not good enough to be a main piece of a team, and he doesn't possess the needed skills to be a role player.
Deleted User 183

Miraculously the Bools beat the Thunder and right after that - the Bools have been outscored by a total of 86 points in 3 of the last 4 halves of Basketball they have played.
In other words, the NBA makes no sense.
Deleted User 75

Deleted User 183

You can show me any in game highlight and not a single one will have as much meaning to me as something like this does. The look on the kid's face and the excitement from the mother (assumed mother I should say) is priceless.

"https://www.instagram.com/p/BrRT7tchQ9v/?

This too....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrTCc3YAS2y/?
Deleted User 75

Lots of great role models in the league today. Who do the right thing and keep their noses clean off the court. Good fathers.

Steph and LeBron immediately come to mind...but there's a long list. It's good to see.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Wayne looks like a voluntarily homeless seattle hipster. Fashion is over my head.
Just Ledoux it
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Roger Morningstar Christmas tradition has no boundaries.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrWcK_4ghDZ ... 0m1aq3mfy5

Wow. He was doing well for a stretch, but now they're healthy and he's odd man out.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

remember when the debate for best in class was between him and Wiggins?