NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: NBA 2018

Post by Deleted User 75 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:00 am remember when the debate for best in class was between him and Wiggins?
Ooops.

Embiid!
Deleted User 75

Hard to believe Wiggins (and Parker) might not even end up in the top 5 of the draft class...

Right now I'd rank it:

Embiid
Jokic
Capella

Then a group of Wiggins, Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Zach Lavine, Jusif Nurkic, Gary Harris....
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:18 am Hard to believe Wiggins (and Parker) might not even end up in the top 5 of the draft class...

Right now I'd rank it:

Embiid
Jokic
Capella

Then a group of Wiggins, Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Zach Lavine, Jusif Nurkic, Gary Harris....
Wiggins has more than 2,100 more points than anyone else in that class, he's 6th in rebounds, and 7th in assists. His third season in the league is the best individual season anyone in that class has had other than Embiid. I think you're either grading those guys against expectations, or you're letting your need to keep people in check cloud your judgment. There's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Wiggins falls out of the top 5. He's struggling this year, but there's no reason to assume that continues and he doesn't at least get back to the level he was at a year or two ago. I'd still rank him #2 behind Embiid personally, but that's probably just becuase I'm smarter than you and understand basketball better.

Based on his past handful of games, he might already be snapping out of it. He's averaging 23/5/2 in his last 4.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:24 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:18 am Hard to believe Wiggins (and Parker) might not even end up in the top 5 of the draft class...

Right now I'd rank it:

Embiid
Jokic
Capella

Wiggins has more than 2,100 more points than anyone else in that class, he's 6th in rebounds, and 7th in assists. His third season in the league is the best individual season anyone in that class has had other than Embiid. I think you're either grading those guys against expectations, or you're letting your need to keep people in check cloud your judgment. There's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Wiggins falls out of the top 5. He's struggling this year, but there's no reason to assume that continues and he doesn't at least get back to the level he was at a year or two ago. I'd still rank him #2 behind Embiid personally, but that's probably just becuase I'm smarter than you and understand basketball better.

Based on his past handful of games, he might already be snapping out of it. He's averaging 23/5/2 in his last 4.
Expectations influence for sure. Wasn't trying to be negative at all.

The top 3 are pretty undeniable at this point. Wiggins is 4th currently imo.

I'd say Aaron Gordon and Zach Lavine are closer to Wiggins than you might like to admit...but I'd still rank him 4th by a decent margin....but Lavine continues to improve and Gordon has a decently high ceiling too.
Deleted User 75

If you think wiggins is better than Jokic then you're not as basketball smart as you claim.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... cni01.html
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Wiggins 5 years in the league are better than Jokic 5 years.

I'm basing it on career. And I project Wiggins will have a longer more productive career by the time it's all said and done as well.

I see big picture. Not limiting myself in time.

Deleted User 75

16/4/2 is better than 15/9/5

Got it.

Check out Jokic averages this year....I'd say he's on track to have the best single year for the draft class yet (not including embiid obviously)....17/10/8 is pretty strong. Not sure which Wiggins year you're going to try to argue is better and more impactful than that.
Deleted User 75

Aside from this (dumb) argument....it's crazy to see how durable Wiggins has been. Dude has hardly missed any games in 5 years!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:39 pm 16/4/2 is better than 15/9/5

Got it.

Check out Jokic averages this year....I'd say he's on track to have the best single year for the draft class yet (not including embiid obviously)....17/10/8 is pretty strong. Not sure which Wiggins year you're going to try to argue is better and more impactful than that.
Those aren't career numbers are they.

20/4/2 is better than 15/9/5 especially when you factor in that Wiggins was playing 82 games at the age of 19 when Jokic wasn't even good enough to leave the Adriatic league.

6840 is better than 3864...it's almost 3,000 better.

But keep arguing about THIS season. The season where Wiggins has been fighting a quad injury and had a significant roster shake up and all the drama of having to play with a diva. Yeah, let's limit it to that...let's take the worst 20 games of Wiggins and act like that represents his entire fucking career.

You'll argue anything, regardless, and you'll rail against wiggins till you're blue in the fucking face, it's a tired act.

If you think 16/4/2 represents Wiggins overall ability than you're an even bigger moron than I thought.

Deleted User 75

Ya my bad. Grabbed he wrong line of stats.

20/4/2 vs 15/9/5

I'm not railing against wiggins. You're still bent out of shape about me using the word "serviceable" when describing his 3pt shooting. I'm a huge wiggins fan. There's no reason to pretend I'm not because I've been realistic in my analysis of his game. It's okay to disagree sometimes.

We don't need to continue. I think jokic is better than wiggins. I'm pretty sure nearly all NBA analysts would agree with me. I shouldn't expect to get an unbiased discussion about it when we are all Jayhawk fans.
Deleted User 75

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... f8c1dc0611

Some player rankings...not gospel... just rankings.

Embiid #7

Capella #21 and Jokic #22

Wiggins #99...right behind the twins at #97 & #98

(*those rankings were done before the season*)
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:28 pm Ya my bad. Grabbed he wrong line of stats.

20/4/2 vs 15/9/5

I'm not railing against wiggins. You're still bent out of shape about me using the word "serviceable" when describing his 3pt shooting. I'm a huge wiggins fan. There's no reason to pretend I'm not because I've been realistic in my analysis of his game. It's okay to disagree sometimes.

We don't need to continue. I think jokic is better than wiggins. I'm pretty sure nearly all NBA analysts would agree with me. I shouldn't expect to get an unbiased discussion about it when we are all Jayhawk fans.
You have Wiggins outside the top 5 in that class. Jussayin'

Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:49 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:28 pm Ya my bad. Grabbed he wrong line of stats.

20/4/2 vs 15/9/5

Come on PhD....I said "might end up outside the top 5".
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:01 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:49 pm

20/4/2 vs 15/9/5

Come on PhD....I said "might end up outside the top 5".
I shouldn't expect to get an unbiased discussion about it when you are a poor man's gutter.

Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:58 pm you are a poor man's gutter.
Let's get back on a positive note...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ca.nba.com ... rhh4vdje64

Already 4th on their all time scoring list!
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Do we think Oubre and Jackson gel in Phoenix?
I wouldn't bet on it considering that organization is almost as much a trash fire as Sacramento but it'd be fun to see them both get on the court together.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 am Do we think Oubre and Jackson gel in Phoenix?
I wouldn't bet on it considering that organization is almost as much a trash fire as Sacramento but it'd be fun to see them both get on the court together.
It would be nice if our NBA guys could avoid the 4 NBA dumpers fires of a franchise. Sacramento, Phoenix, Cleveland and the Knicks.

That said, I think Jackson and Oubre can both carve out a role in Phoenix but it won’t surprise me if one of them receives a reduced role
Last edited by Cascadia on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Double posted it!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I might be wrong, but I'd be surprised, especially initially, if Oubre doesn't make Jackson look really terrible.