NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: NBA 2018

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:12 pm Bronbron fires another GM
What a disaster for the organization. And I'm not sure this is Bron firing Magic. I think it's Bron failing to have comprehended that Magic has neither the work ethic nor the expertise for the job. If anything, it's GM Bron putting Player Bron in a horrible situation by trusting Magic to begin with.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:29 am it's GM Bron putting Player Bron in a horrible situation
lulz
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It's a theme, for sure. Any more titles he wins (beyond the three he's got) are likely to be a few years down the line, in a complementary role. It certainly hurts his legacy that he'll have been the lead dude on half the number of titles as Jordan. And it's predominantly his fault (noting that even getting that third ring required an extraordinary stroke of luck).
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

heard a rumor that magic wanted to fire walton but buss wouldn’t allow it, so magic said i’m out
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Not even a rumor, really. Magic all but said that in his presser.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I didn't get that impression. He seems to genuinely care about Buss.

He just doesn't seem to want to work in that capacity. Wants to do the things he wants to do and his "job" was getting in the way of that stuff.

Although, I do agree he wanted to fire Walton and Buss does not (and/or Pelinka does not)....but I don't think that's the reason he stepped down.

It was more interesting that in all of that he didn't mention Rob Pelinka anywhere that I saw/heard.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the impression i got via the rumor was that magic wanted more decision-making ability, and buss just wanted him as the front-man/face of the organization
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Magic just found out that he doesn’t wear the pants in this relationship. Buss does.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I take the whole thing more as, Magic doesn't want to wear pants. He wants to wear sweats and enjoy being rich and famous. This whole "work" thing is for the birds.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Magic wanted glory - again. Realized he wasn't going to get it. Got grief instead. Said fuck this, don't need it. Quit.
End of story.
Interesting how none of you mentioned Pelinka in all of this. Moral of the story is....
You put Buss, Pelinka, and Magic together you have a recipe for - a sub .500 team that has LeBron on it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:17 am I take the whole thing more as, Magic doesn't want to wear pants. He wants to wear sweats and enjoy being rich and famous. This whole "work" thing is for the birds.
I haven't followed the story at all, but when I read the headline, this was my immediate thought. It makes sense.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

It also sounds like Magic didn't want to make the tough decisions like trading players and firing coaches, staff, etc. That type of work never seemed to match up with Magic's personality.

Or if you believe reports ESPN was / or is about to drop a report that Magic dealt with employees improperly.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I don't think Magic has a problem with work. He might have a problem with working really hard on one singular thing. He seems to prefer to have a lot of plates spinning at once.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Did Lebron directly get rid of magic johnson? no of course not.
Was Lebron a huge part of the reason Magic was no longer having fun with basketball?
Abso-fucking-lutely.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Here’s me with beaverfever and his 19yo girlfriend:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwGCm2sFD-O ... lhbmpimgb2
Deleted User 183

DWade goes out with a trip doub. I actually feel kind of bad for Dirk. He must feel secondary. He should be getting as much love and attention as DWade.

Dirk Nowitzki: "It's been a long season here this year, tough one with my ankle, so I'm kind of glad it came to an end. But also bittersweet, of course. You know, they always say an athlete dies twice. It's tough. It's tough to let something go that you love so much, that you've been doing basically your entire life, something that you lived and breathed for basically over 20 years. So it's going to be tough for a few months, maybe years, but I tried to enjoy the heck out of the 21 years."
Deleted User 183

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:54 am
Cascadia wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:14 am Lol @ Bronbron. Always looking for the cameras. Surprised he didn’t break out into a dance
^^^^^^
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwGSFQgBQtG/?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:08 am DWade goes out with a trip doub. I actually feel kind of bad for Dirk. He must feel secondary. He should be getting as much love and attention as DWade.

Dirk Nowitzki: "It's been a long season here this year, tough one with my ankle, so I'm kind of glad it came to an end. But also bittersweet, of course. You know, they always say an athlete dies twice. It's tough. It's tough to let something go that you love so much, that you've been doing basically your entire life, something that you lived and breathed for basically over 20 years. So it's going to be tough for a few months, maybe years, but I tried to enjoy the heck out of the 21 years."
Really, really shitty of Magic to suck up all the oxygen on a day that should have been about Dirk and Wade.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Bronbron fires another coach
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

God you're stupid