NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: NBA 2018

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:12 pm Bronbron fires another coach
How many former MIA/CLE teammates will be on the Lakers' roster by October? O/U set at 2.5.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I'll take the under. Who is worth getting besides Kyrie or Love?

This ain't the cleveland cavaliers guys. The Lakers have dealt with superstars before. I highly doubt they're just bowing down to LeBron and every demand he has. In fact it appears LeBron was glad to leave that to Magic, but Magic didn't want to do it anymore.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Man, that Lakers move sure ain't lookin' good for Bron.
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:48 pm Man, that Lakers move sure ain't lookin' good for Bron.
I mean I guess if you are assuming it was ONLY a basketball move....and all indications are that it was nearly everything else other than a basketball move.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

LeBron is unmatched in talent/size combination and in lameness.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:47 pm I'll take the under. Who is worth getting besides Kyrie or Love?

This ain't the cleveland cavaliers guys. The Lakers have dealt with superstars before. I highly doubt they're just bowing down to LeBron and every demand he has. In fact it appears LeBron was glad to leave that to Magic, but Magic didn't want to do it anymore.
GM Bron has never been all that interested in which players (or coaches) are worth attaching Player Bron to.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:46 pm
How many former MIA/CLE teammates will be on the Lakers' roster by October? O/U set at 2.5.
What are the odds that Wade signs with LA in March 2020?
Deleted User 75

Cascadia wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:09 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:46 pm
What are the odds that Wade signs with LA in March 2020?
0%
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:06 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:47 pm I'll take the under. Who is worth getting besides Kyrie or Love?

GM Bron has never been all that interested in which players (or coaches) are worth attaching Player Bron to.
LOL.

GM Bron had made a lot of finals appearances in a row prior to this year... I'm not sure you're insulting him to give him all the credit for his teammates and coaches.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The smartest thing LeBrawn ever did was stay in the east conference.

Welp.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:16 pm

LOL.

GM Bron had made a lot of finals appearances in a row prior to this year... I'm not sure you're insulting him to give him all the credit for his teammates and coaches.
It's interesting that you point to all the finals appearances to suggest he's a good de facto GM.

I would point to the number of championships as evidence of Player Bron's greatness, and GM Bron's ineptitude.
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:20 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:16 pm

LOL.

It's interesting that you point to all the finals appearances to suggest he's a good de facto GM.

I would point to the number of championships as evidence of Player Bron's greatness, and GM Bron's ineptitude.
I'm just saying.

I do not believe he has nearly as much say in LA as some of you do. And I don't think it's a coincidence that the people who seem to dislike LeBron are the main ones who like to pretend he forced Jeannie Buss or Rob Pelinka to fire Walton.

And it's funny that 48 hours ago it was "magic wanted to fire Walton and Buss said No, so magic quit".....and now it's "LeBron fired Walton".
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Call it what you want..."fired"..."froze out"..."did not support"..."did not object to the move".

I just don't think it's purely coincidental that this Mickey Mouse shit happens wherever Bron goes.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:05 am heard a rumor that magic wanted to fire walton but buss wouldn’t allow it, so magic said i’m out
so much for that theory
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:43 pm Call it what you want..."fired"..."froze out"..."did not support"..."did not object to the move".

I just don't think it's purely coincidental that this Mickey Mouse shit happens wherever Bron goes.
It's not coincidental. If you coach LeBron and don't win there is a chance you get fired. If he doesn't support you because you're not a great coach then you might get fired. It's not exclusive to LeBron James.

Tons of NBA coaches get fired every year.

There are better coaches out there than Luke Walton.

Do I think LeBron wanted Walton there? No.

Do I think LeBron "fired" or has the ability to make Lakers management/ownership fire Luke Walton? No.
Deleted User 75

randylahey wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:44 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:05 am heard a rumor that magic wanted to fire walton but buss wouldn’t allow it, so magic said i’m out
so much for that theory
LOL

LeBron must've fired them both! ;-)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:17 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:43 pm Call it what you want..."fired"..."froze out"..."did not support"..."did not object to the move".

It's not coincidental. If you coach LeBron and don't win there is a chance you get fired. If he doesn't support you because you're not a great coach then you might get fired. It's not exclusive to LeBron James.

Do I think LeBron "fired" or has the ability to make Lakers management/ownership fire Luke Walton? No.
But it’s not just that, right? The same types of personnel moves happen on Bron teams over and over and over.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:17 pm

You really don't think LeBron has the ability to dictate who he wants to coach him - and can't make it happen?
I'm dumb enough to believe he may have actually wanted Walton to stay - so he (LeBron) could be and ultimately would be a player/coach next season.
Hard not to think Ty Lue is going to be the next Lakers coach.
Wouldn't be shocked if it was Jason Kidd.
Monty Willams, Brian Shaw, Ju Howard, are all serious contenders.
My long shots are Bill Self, John Beilein, Mike Krzyzewski, John Calipari, Magic Johnson.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Maybe Wade is the coach and start suiting up in April. Carmelo as an assistant coach if he’s not on the roster