NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Re: NBA 2018

Post by TDub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:36 am Jimmy Butler needs to realize that not everyone has his same mentality. You can't rip a locker room apart because some people are motivated by money and don't really give a shit whether they get 4th in the conference or 8th. They've got 0% chance at a title due to the makeup of the top of the league filled with powerhouse super teams

I do find it hilarious that he reportedly subbed in with the 3rd stringers and beat the starters.
Um no. Bullshit. Butler is right. You dont get paid millions of dollars to goof off and be content at 8th place. If you have any drive at all which, as a prodessionak athlete you certainly should, then you play to compete. You play to win. Every single time.

Millennial mentality.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TDub wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:53 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:36 am Jimmy Butler needs to realize that not everyone has his same mentality. You can't rip a locker room apart because some people are motivated by money and don't really give a shit whether they get 4th in the conference or 8th. They've got 0% chance at a title due to the makeup of the top of the league filled with powerhouse super teams

I do find it hilarious that he reportedly subbed in with the 3rd stringers and beat the starters.
Um no. Bullshit. Butler is right. You dont get paid millions of dollars to goof off and be content at 8th place. If you have any drive at all which, as a prodessionak athlete you certainly should, then you play to compete. You play to win. Every single time.

Millennial mentality.
That's not my mindset. Im not saying it is right. It appears to be Wiggins mindset though. And many other players.

And lets be real. Jimmy isn't doing all this because he "just wants to win". He's doing this because Minnesota paid wiggins and KAT big money that they weren't willing to give him right away. Which pissed him off and started this cycle. Now he's just trying to force his way out of town.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:53 pm

Millennial mentality.
That's completely right until the last statement. I have seen way more Gen X'ers not take pride in their work than Millennials. And pride in work really is the issue here. Butler (a millennial) has it, Wiggins and Towns (Millennials) don't.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Yesterday's games

Diallo 7 min, 0-3 fg, 1 reb, 0 points
Mason 16 min, 2-5 fg, 1-1 3pt, 3 ast, 1 reb, 4 to, 7 points
McLemore 10 min, 0-3 fg, 1 reb, 1 point
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ok fair. Stereotyping on my part. In my industry its pretty accurate though. Older guys busting ass to make it. Younger generation with no work ethic all wanting something for nothing. Construction is going to have a problem when all the older guys retire or die and there is noone to take the reins.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Butler has a problem with Wiggins and KAT not taking basketball seriously.

One of those three is demanding a trade, one of those three is not playing in the pre-season, one of those three has only shown up for an hour of practice...and it's not Wiggins or KAT.

Actions speak louder than words. Let's stop acting like Butler is a guy with a fist full of rings or something. Dude's never even taken a team past the second round of the playoffs. He sure as fuck talks a big game but he's not even showing up for work...which is the bare minimum of what a professional does.

He was brought in to make Minnesota a contender, and he failed. He was brought in to bring a veteran leadership to that team, and he failed. He was brought in because to complement KAT and Wiggins, and he didn't. He was brought in to be an alpha, and now he's doing the sissiest thing you can do in sports which is quit on your team. He didn't like his situation and now he's taking his ball and going home. He publically threw his teammates under the bus, the little baby didn't like where he was even though he was under contract.

Let's stop assuming the guy who yells the loudest is the one who wants it most. Butler quit on his team. Say what you want about Wiggins and KAT, but at least they have shown up for work.

Judge a man by his actions, not just his words, especially when his words are making up fictional player's only meetings.

He should have looked good in the one hour of practice he showed up to...he's been sitting on his ass, not working, so he should have had plenty of energy.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 57

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:13 am Butler has a problem with Wiggins and KAT not taking basketball seriously.

One of those three is demanding a trade, one of those three is not playing in the pre-season, one of those three has only shown up for an hour of practice...and it's not Wiggins or KAT.

Actions speak louder than words. Let's stop acting like Butler is a guy with a fist full of rings or something. Dude's never even taken a team past the second round of the playoffs. He sure as fuck talks a big game but he's not even showing up for work...which is the bare minimum of what a professional does.

He was brought in to make Minnesota a contender, and he failed. He was brought in to bring a veteran leadership to that team, and he failed. He was brought in because to complement KAT and Wiggins, and he didn't. He was brought in to be an alpha, and now he's doing the sissiest thing you can do in sports which is quit on your team. He didn't like his situation and now he's taking his ball and going home. He publically threw his teammates under the bus, the little baby didn't like where he was even though he was under contract.

Let's stop assuming the guy who yells the loudest is the one who wants it most. Butler quit on his team. Say what you want about Wiggins and KAT, but at least they have shown up for work.

Judge a man by his actions, not just his words, especially when his words are making up fictional player's only meetings.

He should have looked good in the one hour of practice he showed up to...he's been sitting on his ass, not working, so he should have had plenty of energy.
PhD - Just for the sake of playing devil's advocate I am going to respond.

Hopefully you would also have an issue with your co-workers not taking their job seriously if it directly affected you.
If shit didn't change hopefully you would look for employment elsewhere.

He asked for a trade. The Wolves were actually attempting to accommodate him and were willingly looking to part ways with Butler.
Yes, he should have shown up for practice IF HEALTHY but when you are told not to practice because if you get injured TWO teams get fucked, then you think maybe it is best to stay away.
He failed to make the Wolves a "contender", I'll give you that but I don't consider going from 31 wins to 47 wins being a failure.

He failed at bringing veteran leadership? OK. He was nothing but complimentary about Wiggins for a very long time. He said Wiggins was bar far the most talented guy on the team but he needs to put forth effort. He said that from day 1. He challenged him and Wiggins let him down.
What his teammates have said about Butler in terms of leadership...
"He's an animal," fellow All-Star Karl-Anthony Towns said. "I don't think anyone has ever thought anything else of him. He's a cyborg from another place, built in the lab, and we're very glad that we've got him."
"He's changed everything for us," said coach Tom Thibodeau.
“The emotion and the fun that he brings every day is, what you get from a guy of that caliber, few and far between,” Cole Aldrich said. “He’s awesome in the locker room and off the court.
“That’s our guy, man,” Teague said. “He makes us go. He’s our engine and he’s our leader.”
“That’s the thing, everybody when they talk about Jimmy, they see the numbers and everything he does on the court,” Crawford said. “But he does so much off the court".

He didn't compliment Wiggins and Towns? How didn't he?

His quitting on his team after they quit on him. Sissy thing or not, he was a total "alpha" and the omegas couldn't deal with it and he couldn't deal with them.
So you're basically comparing him to LeBron - in terms of his behavior. I'll give you that and won't disagree so I guess that indeed makes me a hypocrite.

Good for him for throwing his teammates under the bus. That's what many/most leaders do after giving their teammates a chance to prove themselves and they piss it away.

Many people don't like where they are even though they are under contract - and if you are brought in and sold on the fact that you have guys who are buying in on contending for a championship and you believe it and then your teammates slack, I would hope you would want out and to go to a contender if winning a championship is/was truly important to you.

I won't assume the guy who yells the loudest wants it the most but I will assume those who don't say or do shit don't want it.

Butler may or may not have "quit" on his team but he did show up to work, and busted his ass, and embarrassed his teammates, coaching staff, and management - and himself in the process.
Wiggins and KAT show up for work. Great, so does everyone else. The problem is and has been that they don't work hard when they do show up. Unlike Butler.

I judge a man by both his words and actions and his word and actions have been a lot stronger than anyone else's - Can't say I really fault him for showing that he gives a damn about getting fucked over by a bunch of guys who don't give a shit and collect 20 million plus a season.

So you are saying a guy who hasn't done shit in you eyes should look good against guys who have done shit and have been practicing? Butler has been sitting on his ass not working? Ok. It's rather foolish to question his off season commitment if you know anything about him.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am PhD - Just for the sake of playing devil's advocate I am going to respond.

Hopefully you would also have an issue with your co-workers not taking their job seriously if it directly affected you.
If shit didn't change hopefully you would look for employment elsewhere.
Sure, but if I was under contract, I'd put my head down and do my job. It's beyond hypocritical to complain about someone else not working hard enough, and then just not even show up. If he was in contract negotiations I'd feel differently.
Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 amHe asked for a trade. The Wolves were actually attempting to accommodate him and were willingly looking to part ways with Butler.
Yes, he should have shown up for practice IF HEALTHY but when you are told not to practice because if you get injured TWO teams get fucked, then you think maybe it is best to stay away.
He failed to make the Wolves a "contender", I'll give you that but I don't consider going from 31 wins to 47 wins being a failure.
He could have sat out of practice but still shown up. He could have not gone public about his complaints he has of his teammates.
Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 amHe failed at bringing veteran leadership? OK. He was nothing but complimentary about Wiggins for a very long time. He said Wiggins was bar far the most talented guy on the team but he needs to put forth effort. He said that from day 1. He challenged him and Wiggins let him down.
What his teammates have said about Butler in terms of leadership...
"He's an animal," fellow All-Star Karl-Anthony Towns said. "I don't think anyone has ever thought anything else of him. He's a cyborg from another place, built in the lab, and we're very glad that we've got him."
"He's changed everything for us," said coach Tom Thibodeau.
“The emotion and the fun that he brings every day is, what you get from a guy of that caliber, few and far between,” Cole Aldrich said. “He’s awesome in the locker room and off the court.
“That’s our guy, man,” Teague said. “He makes us go. He’s our engine and he’s our leader.”
“That’s the thing, everybody when they talk about Jimmy, they see the numbers and everything he does on the court,” Crawford said. “But he does so much off the court".

He didn't compliment Wiggins and Towns? How didn't he?
Sure he USED to compliment them, now he's throwing them under the bus. A person's true colors come out when under pressure.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

I USED to think that Joe Paterno was a stand up guy, then I stopped thinking that. I USED to think Bill Cosby was a great man, it turned out to not be true.
Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 amHis quitting on his team after they quit on him. Sissy thing or not, he was a total "alpha" and the omegas couldn't deal with it and he couldn't deal with them.
If he was really alpha, he wouldn't quit. If he was really alpha, those guys would have played their asses of for him and to be like him.

I'm not totally on board with the notion that Wiggins and KAT don't play hard. Sorry that wiggins puts his hands on his hips and KAT doesn't scream like Garnett...I don't think you can look at someone's body language and know that they're not playing hard.

Wiggins needs to expand his game, KAT needs to toughen up...I'm not convinced they're mailing it in or not trying.
Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 amSo you're basically comparing him to LeBron - in terms of his behavior. I'll give you that and won't disagree so I guess that indeed makes me a hypocrite.
No. He's not like LeBron at all. LeBron makes mediocre teams title contenders, Butler makes mediocre teams mediocre...and then he quits on them like a bitch.
Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 amGood for him for throwing his teammates under the bus. That's what many/most leaders do after giving their teammates a chance to prove themselves and they piss it away.
I never think it's good to throw a player under the bus. Keep that shit in house.
Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 amMany people don't like where they are even though they are under contract - and if you are brought in and sold on the fact that you have guys who are buying in on contending for a championship and you believe it and then your teammates slack, I would hope you would want out and to go to a contender if winning a championship is/was truly important to you.
Like I said, ask for a trade, if you need to not participate in practice don't, but you should still show up, still be a good teammate. If the trade turns out not to work. You put your head down and do your fucking job that you're getting paid millions to do, or retire, or go play in Europe. Maybe in the future sign shorter contracts. Sorry, but he could stick out his two years remaining and then go wherever he wants to.
Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 amI won't assume the guy who yells the loudest wants it the most but I will assume those who don't say or do shit don't want it.
Walter Payton never said shit. I guess you think he didn't want it.
Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 amButler may or may not have "quit" on his team but he did show up to work, and busted his ass, and embarrassed his teammates, coaching staff, and management - and himself in the process.
Like I said, it's really easy to get fired up and motivated for 1 HOUR.
Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 amWiggins and KAT show up for work. Great, so does everyone else. The problem is and has been that they don't work hard when they do show up. Unlike Butler.

I judge a man by both his words and actions and his word and actions have been a lot stronger than anyone else's - Can't say I really fault him for showing that he gives a damn about getting fucked over by a bunch of guys who don't give a shit and collect 20 million plus a season.

So you are saying a guy who hasn't done shit in you eyes should look good against guys who have done shit and have been practicing? Butler has been sitting on his ass not working? Ok. It's rather foolish to question his off season commitment if you know anything about him.
It's foolish to make any assumptions about any of these guys since we don't know them and aren't there.

What I do know is quitting on your team is the act of a coward.

And, we can only go by what we know. And if Butler is making up stories about leading a player's only meeting, I question everything he says, including his effort and what he says about other players.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

"Garnett: Butler, Wolves both a 'little delusional'"

https://es.pn/2OoQwk3

Take want you want from the article, he defends both wigs and KAT and says they're his guys...but it's interesting what he says and doesn't say in the last quote.

I've always been a huge KG fan. He's very underrated historically...If he'd have been drafted to the Spurs back in the day like Tim was then I think he'd be viewed much differently....but that wasn't how it went down for KG. He wasted away in Minnesota for a lot of good years.
Deleted User 57

I love KG. Until he murders my true love I will always love him more than Wiggs, Butler, and KAT even if they collectively help land me a super model.
What I take is that I know KG worked with Wiggs and KAT so if they are perceived as being soft he very well may feel it's an indirect reflection of him. He was far from soft.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TDub wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:47 am Ok fair. Stereotyping on my part. In my industry its pretty accurate though. Older guys busting ass to make it. Younger generation with no work ethic all wanting something for nothing. Construction is going to have a problem when all the older guys retire or die and there is noone to take the reins.
Mexicans.

....oh,shit
Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

SVI with 22pts (leading scorer for lakers) last night in a preseason with over GS.

I read that it was the most watched preseason game in the history of the WORLD!
Deleted User 57

Every time I start to doubt Svi he proves me wrong. Good for him!
I wouldn't have been happy being there last night with neither LBJ nor KD playing but seems the game was hard fought and entertaining with a few dust ups.

Wiggy not playing because he's going to be a daddy any day now. Knocked up his woman/fiancé and my guess is his bottom bitches aren't too happy about it.

Games played yesterday.....
Svi played 32 minutes, took 18 shots, scored 22 points
Devonte played 18 minutes, 4 assists, 0 turnovers, 15 points
Kieff - 10 minutes, 1 rebound, 2 blocks, 4 points
TRob - 5 minutes, 1 rebound, 2 points
Wayne - 16 minutes, 15 points
Frank - 30 minutes, 8 assists, 2 turnovers, 14 points
Benny - 13 minutes, 6 points
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:07 am

So....2,590?
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:43 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:07 am

So....2,590?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... story.html
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Gutter's ex-lover Joakim Noah was waived by the Knicks.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.