NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: NBA 2018

Post by Deleted User 75 »

KD acts like this isn't a job. You get paid millions to play basketball and answer questions from the media/have media scrutiny...it goes with the territory. He's a whiny bitch and is extremely easy to cheer against.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:14 am Fish - One word answer - No. No, I am not excited.
Another move in which management has ZERO clue what they are doing and what direction they want to go. You would think it's a great get when you can pick up a guy who was the 3rd pick in a draft.
Problem is this guy (porter) isn't Michael Jordan and you're paying him over 25 million a season for what?
LaVine, Porter, Carter, Markkanen, Valentine, Dunn.....
Not a bad nucleus if we were talking transferring their college success to the NBA and that magic word "potential".
Can't help but wonder what a good coach might be able to do with them.
Coach Self come on down. Would be fun to see Bill, K, Izzo, Cal, coaching these guys.
Boylen? I know he's an Izzy guy but I would rather have someone such as a 100 year old Gene Pingatore (Isaiah Thomas' high school coach) coaching this team. https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/video ... career-win

On a side note, the Bools were freaking 62-20 in 2010/2011. Unbulllievable.
As horrible as I feel they have been the past 15 or so seasons, since 04-05 they have had only one sub .500 season. Well, 2 if we include the current 12-42 squad.
https://670thescore.radio.com/bernstein ... EB+6+BLAST
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:20 am KD acts like this isn't a job. You get paid millions to play basketball and answer questions from the media/have media scrutiny...it goes with the territory. He's a whiny bitch and is extremely easy to cheer against.
It's so weird too. He was always a quiet guy in OKC and one of my favorite players. It was like a good guy going to a bad guy in WWE for how quick it happened. The move from OKC would have been one thing, but the way he's talked to media, fans, twitter, etc is what's odd. Like you said, very easy to cheer against.
Deleted User 75

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:21 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:20 am KD acts like this isn't a job. You get paid millions to play basketball and answer questions from the media/have media scrutiny...it goes with the territory. He's a whiny bitch and is extremely easy to cheer against.
It's so weird too. He was always a quiet guy in OKC and one of my favorite players. It was like a good guy going to a bad guy in WWE for how quick it happened. The move from OKC would have been one thing, but the way he's talked to media, fans, twitter, etc is what's odd. Like you said, very easy to cheer against.
He's got nobody to blame but himself.

If his GS teammates and so many media members believe he's leaving then there must be a reason. The Draymond incident was very telling. They all think he's already made up his mind about leaving, and apparently it's for NYK.....but if he hates the media already then the Knicks isn't the place for him.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:24 am
NDballer13 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:21 am
He's got nobody to blame but himself.

If his GS teammates and so many media members believe he's leaving then there must be a reason. The Draymond incident was very telling. They all think he's already made up his mind about leaving, and apparently it's for NYK.....but if he hates the media already then the Knicks isn't the place for him.
I think one-year commitments are a great way to bet on yourself, and ensure you're not stuck in a bad situation.

But: no shit it means you have to deal with free agency questions all the time.

KD is basketball's A-Rod. He'll do something like sign with the Knicks this summer, for the vet's minimum so they can chase two more max guys, and it'll somehow come off aloof and tone-deaf. He's just gifted that way.
Deleted User 75

Mirotic to Bucks.

They're building a squad as well. Great rotation now.

Brogdon
Bledsoe
Middleton
Giannis
Lopez

With Mirotic off the bench.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

LeBron and Melo finally together?

Just a solid decade too late.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Player Bron is the GOAT.

GM Bron would be on his fourth job by now.

Which, I suppose, he is.
Deleted User 75

LOL

The Lakers just ruined their team. Couple years of decent draft picks and acquisitions. They didn't even get AD, and now all the sensitive egos on that team are pissed.

They really fucked this up. Windhorst on ESPN was saying he thought the pelicans might have leaked shit on purpose just to play games and fend off the power play by the powerful laker organization.

It worked. And even though I love LeBron, I can't say I don't find it hilarious how bad the Lakers fucked themselves.....and then they didn't even have a back up plan so now you're stuck with Ball Hart Kuzma and Ingram all knowing they're on borrowed time.

They should have offered the wolves Ingram for Wiggins!
Deleted User 183

Great finish to the Celtics/Lakers game last night. Rondo with the testicles.
Shame it wasn't a Finals game.
Deleted User 75

https://www.instagram.com/p/BttixaeFHYW ... hjapjwru1k

Westbrook going to take a pay cut so that PG13 and Steven Adams can all stay together for the forseable future?

Anyone who thinks Russ isn't about winning hasn't been watching this year. He's absolutely deferring to PG when it's needed and PG is having the best year of his career. I think they're going to be a tough out in the playoffs.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Don't ask me to help...pdub will ban me
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

westbrook is having the best season of his career too.. in my opinion. his scoring numbers are down. his shooting percentages or even down. but he is out there being a POINT GUARD not just a scorer. he is still a walking triple double and is leading the nba is assists
Deleted User 183

2 questions.

NBA front office should have a decision to make today.
Do they suspend the 3 blind mice who were officiating - a game or 3 or do they just say, "oops - they missed it"?

At what point does accountability become a factor in which a lack of it won't be tolerated?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtxBk8WBzN_/?
Deleted User 183

Deleted User 183

More impressive.
10 straight triple doubles or 30 straight 30 or more point games?
Deleted User 75

Gutter wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:54 am More impressive.
10 straight triple doubles or 30 straight 30 or more point games?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtyvLdahwpZ ... 5lyas7e41e
Deleted User 183

Yeah, I saw that. I think Mike might have a dose of penis envy.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Bill Russell says wut?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 183

Bingo Geezer!
Let's see, without looking I am assuming there are at least 10 other guys who won 6 (or more) rings.
How many have had 10 straight triple doubles and how many have had 30 straight games scoring 30 or more points?
I could be wrong but I don't think anyone else has ever had 10 straight triple double games and I think Wilt may be the only other guy to score 30 (or more) in 30 consecutive games.
If six championships is harder than the 30/30 or the 10 triple doubles, then how come Mike never was able to do what Russ and James just accomplished? Yes, I do realize it was a different NBA when Mike played but come on man. At least Mike did commend them for their accomplishments.
I love me my MJ but sometimes I have to roll my eyes and shake my head when he speaks.