Recruiting 2019

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by Deleted User 75 »

So this isn't a case where we lost a guy because we can't currently pay for a recruit because all the Adidas guys are worried about going to jail? LOL
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

JRE to Nova

Also, let’s fucking murder them this year and whenever we play them next...
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

His mom has generations of KU blood in her veins.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Hmmm.....
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:48 pm His mom has generations of KU blood in her veins.
If that is the case...fuck him.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:05 pm
Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:48 pm His mom has generations of KU blood in her veins.
If that is the case...fuck him.
Fuck him all you want jeeper but the kid made a fantastic choice for multiple reasons.
Good for him, not so good for us.
I wish him well and look forward to KU playing against him in the 2020 Final Four.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Guess CnB was wrong.

Guess he'd better come back and explain himself.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Meh, we are pretty stocked for next year. Kinda wouldn't mind letting the guys we have on the roster get a shot at some minutes. We land one really good recruit and maybe 1-2 multiyear developers and I am happy.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:48 am Meh, we are pretty stocked for next year. Kinda wouldn't mind letting the guys we have on the roster get a shot at some minutes. We land one really good recruit and maybe 1-2 multiyear developers and I am happy.
Losing Vick, Grimes, and maybe dedric....looking at what we will have left I think we need a decent recruiting class to not take a step back. We are going to lose 2 or 3 of our top 4 players.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:48 am Meh, we are pretty stocked for next year. Kinda wouldn't mind letting the guys we have on the roster get a shot at some minutes. We land one really good recruit and maybe 1-2 multiyear developers and I am happy.
Probably one of the several reasons he didn't come to KU. This is an example of when the usually good problem to have is a bad problem.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:18 am
Losing Vick, Grimes, and maybe dedric....looking at what we will have left I think we need a decent recruiting class to not take a step back. We are going to lose 2 or 3 of our top 4 players.
Vick? Who cares, he's an inconsistent flake. Agbaji could probably give us what he does if given the minutes. KJ Lawson certainly could. We will land 1-2 good players and return Dotson, Moore, Garrett, Agbaji, KJ Lawson, Lightfoot, McCormack, maybe Doke. We really dont need 13 capable players like we have this year. 8-9 is plenty.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:29 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:18 am
Vick? Who cares, he's an inconsistent flake. Agbaji could probably give us what he does if given the minutes. KJ Lawson certainly could. We will land 1-2 good players and return Dotson, Moore, Garrett, Agbaji, KJ Lawson, Lightfoot, McCormack, maybe Doke. We really dont need 13 capable players like we have this year. 8-9 is plenty.
I agree 8-9 is plenty.

I think we will still have Dok most likely. Don't see him as an NBA player yet (maybe not ever)....

It easy to say Vick isn't worth a crap, but there is a reason he's starting over the guys you listed. He's better than them...but obviously he's not irreplaceable. We will be fine.

But without a top notch recruit to replace the grimes/dedric hole that will exist then that team you listed above would be 1 of our weakest teams of the self era. Maybe the weakest....obviously there's a long way to go, and having holes to fill would actually be a positive in landing an elite OAD type guy to replace what we will lose....

All that said, it's entirely possible Dedric stays. And if he stays only replacing grimes and Vick with who we've got wouldn't be the end of the world.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Just a reminder that we lost National Player of the Year Frank Mason and went to the Final Four. Returning players get better, know the system and do just fine.

I know it feels good to land any Top 20 player we can get but next year's team wasn't reliant on landing JRE to be good. We will be good without him. It's October; I feel confident that the coaching staff wull find some good recruits to fill our roster for next season and that we will be a Top 10 team thst cintwnds for even better next year.
Deleted User 75

we lost frank but still had NPOY candidate Devonte. Not similar at all.

I agree with you, haven't even played game 1 of this year. We will land some elite recruits if we have big holes to fill. We always do. Even if we may not have the help of Adidas.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The federal corruption trial has and will affect/effect our recruiting. HCBS has said so.

Why would a oad such as JRE come to KANSAS with the question marks we have hanging over our head. No reason to, when you have plenty of other offers from top notch schools such as villanova.

Maybe our class of 2019 will be a class full of top 50-150 type kids. So what. Our cupboard is overflowing right now. If we have to take a recruiting hit, the class of 2019 is the right time to do so.

We got to the FF last season and did not have 1 kid drafted in the first round of the 2018 nba draft.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:02 am The federal corruption trial has and will affect/effect our recruiting. HCBS has said so.

Why would a oad such as JRE come to KANSAS with the question marks we have hanging over our head. No reason to, when you have plenty of other offers from top notch schools such as villanova.

Maybe our class of 2019 will be a class full of top 50-150 type kids. So what. Our cupboard is overflowing right now. If we have to take a recruiting hit, the class of 2019 is the right time to do so.

We got to the FF last season and did not have 1 kid drafted in the first round of the 2018 nba draft.
If anything, a one-and-done kid is far less exposed to our present issues than a multi-year player.

I would very much understand a local NBA-level kid wanting to go somewhere else (and this is far from the first time it's happened). The prospect of playing up the street from god-knows-how-many-people, and not getting to experience going away, isn't for everyone.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

WE DOMMED
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:07 am If anything, a one-and-done kid is far less exposed to our present issues than a multi-year player.
Because of our present issues, there may be scholarship opportunities for the top 50-150 type's that are not always available in a regular recruiting year.

I prefer 3-4 year dude's anywho. So this ain't no thing for me.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shoe money trial has changed the game.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 pm Shoe money trial has changed the game.
Aren't Arizona and Louisville currently at the top of the '19 class rankings? It really hasnt changed much at all.