Joel Embiid

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: Joel Embiid

Post by PhDhawk »

He's a giant pussy.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:04 pm He's a giant pussy.
Who is awesome at basketball.

/thread
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:25 pm It’s pretty simple.

Butler played for Chicago, so gutter loves him.

Butler clashed with former KU players, so Illy loves him.
Hinrich played for Chicago. I didn't/don't love him.
Scottie Pippen played for Chicago. I didn't/don't love him. Great basketball player but didn't/don't like him in the least.
B.J. Armstrong played for Chicago. Douche bag.
I fully admit Butler playing for Chicago adds to my admiration for him but I would still like him if he played for anyone else and never for Chicago.
Deleted User 183

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:04 pm He's a giant pussy.
Me? I agree.
Butler? No.

I hope you guys know I am/was just getting worked up for the sake of entertainment. Sorry of I came off as a bigger asshole than I already am.
SLOOOOOOOW day/s at work this week and anxious to get away.

On a 76ers realted note. I'm debating if I want to see them play the Clippers right after the Rose Bowl. Long day but might be worth it. Then again, with my luck I go and Joel takes the night off.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:25 pm It’s pretty simple.

Butler played for Chicago, so gutter loves him.

Butler clashed with former KU players, so Illy loves him.
Perfect.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:21 pm
Gutter wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:13 pm
Instead you choose to single out and blame the guy who actually gave a fuck, busted his ass every game and in the off season, was an all-star, and then finally had enough and told his lazy (more talented than he is) teammates to go fuck themselves.
Blame him all you want. I choose to say good for him.
This is the biggest crock of shit.

He's the loudest guy, who postures the most, and who was the first one to throw a fit, and take his ball and go home.

I don't get the Butler love. I guess it's an example of a squeaky wheel getting the grease, only in this case the grease is admiration from fans who think the wheel being squeaky means the wheel is passionate instead of being a hot-headed diva who can't handle not getting his way.

Nothing says busting his ass every game more than not playing in back to backs.

Nothing says busting your ass in the offseason more than not participating.
Agreed. I dont get the Butler love either. His big thing during his giant hissy fit in Minny was about how he is all about winning. Then he promptly requests a trade with his preferred destinations being the Clippers, the Nets and the Knicks, all teams that have no chance of winning any time soon.

Such a load of shit. He wants "respect" defined by people fawning over him and kissing his ass to let everyone know he is the Top Dawg.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

The Clippers might have a chance to win soon (probably not an nba championship). They've got huge money available for this offeason. Galinari, Tobias Harris..plus montrezzel Harrell (sp?) And that shai-Alexander dude looks decent.

The Nets have several good young pieces (deangelo russell, Jarrett Allen, Dinwiddie has also been playing well) and the Brooklyn market is appealing to superstar free agents....so it wouldn't be a terrible place to be. Brooklyn is a hot spot to live for a young rich nba star.

The Knicks still have the same owner, so there's that....but they've actually got some decent pieces in mudiay, vonleh, kanter, Hardaway jr, and Porzingas when he gets back...but they're the knicks. So who knows.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:48 pm The Clippers might have a chance to win soon (probably not an nba championship). They've got huge money available for this offeason. Galinari, Tobias Harris..plus montrezzel Harrell (sp?) And that shai-Alexander dude looks decent.

The Nets have several good young pieces (deangelo russell, Jarrett Allen, Dinwiddie has also been playing well) and the Brooklyn market is appealing to superstar free agents....so it wouldn't be a terrible place to be. Brooklyn is a hot spot to live for a young rich nba star.

The Knicks still have the same owner, so there's that....but they've actually got some decent pieces in mudiay, vonleh, kanter, Hardaway jr, and Porzingas when he gets back...but they're the knicks. So who knows.
This post can't be serious. None of those players mentioned other than Porzingis are good pieces. Outside of Porzingis, they are all package players in a trade. Hell, I'd venture to guess that all of them but the rookie contract guys have been packaged in a trade already. If any of these guys were traded in a 1-for-1 deal, it wouldn't even be the biggest NBA news of a single afternoon.

Not to mention, take all of those players together and they represent a group of players that are far from winning now, which winning is what supposedly drives Butler. KAT and Wiggs are laughably more ready to compete now than any combination of those players mentioned. That was the topic of discussion, right?

Do you even NBA? If so, this is arguing just to argue.
Deleted User 75

I wasn't arguing. Didn't even directly respond to a post.

Just saying those teams have players that aren't horrible. Him going to any of those places wouldn't be evidence he doesn't want to win. The Clippers are in 5th in the west. Nets have a similar record as TWolves. And Knicks are without their best player.

It's okay for me to say other players are good pieces. That doesn't mean KAT and Wiggins aren't good pieces too.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:48 pm The Clippers might have a chance to win soon (probably not an nba championship). They've got huge money available for this offeason. Galinari, Tobias Harris..plus montrezzel Harrell (sp?) And that shai-Alexander dude looks decent.

You will argue anything. It's comical.
Deleted User 75

That's not arguing. That's just providing a brief recap of the teams you mentioned that have "no chance of winning soon".

Even though clippers are 5th in west. And nets have basically an identical record as Minnesota.
Deleted User 75

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br1nb_BnEcd ... 0shlu28mwi

Maybe butler will move on and we won't need to worry about him anymore.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:56 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/Br1nb_BnEcd ... 0shlu28mwi

Maybe butler will move on and we won't need to worry about him anymore.
They'd make quite the hunting party; Jo would chase the lions to the edge of the Earth, where they would fall right off.
kcmokufan

Post by kcmokufan »

No potd button...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:43 pmThey'd make quite the hunting party; Jo would chase the lions to the edge of the Earth, where they would fall right off.
Perhaps they'd fall onto the moon, where no man has gone before.

- Stephen Curry
Deleted User 183

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:57 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:21 pm
Gutter wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:13 pm
Instead you choose to single out and blame the guy who actually gave a fuck, busted his ass every game and in the off season, was an all-star, and then finally had enough and told his lazy (more talented than he is) teammates to go fuck themselves.
Blame him all you want. I choose to say good for him.
This is the biggest crock of shit.

He's the loudest guy, who postures the most, and who was the first one to throw a fit, and take his ball and go home.

I don't get the Butler love. I guess it's an example of a squeaky wheel getting the grease, only in this case the grease is admiration from fans who think the wheel being squeaky means the wheel is passionate instead of being a hot-headed diva who can't handle not getting his way.

Nothing says busting his ass every game more than not playing in back to backs.

Nothing says busting your ass in the offseason more than not participating.
Agreed. I dont get the Butler love either. His big thing during his giant hissy fit in Minny was about how he is all about winning. Then he promptly requests a trade with his preferred destinations being the Clippers, the Nets and the Knicks, all teams that have no chance of winning any time soon.

Such a load of shit. He wants "respect" defined by people fawning over him and kissing his ass to let everyone know he is the Top Dawg.
The last time Jimmy bitched about wanting to win was on November 9th after the Timberwolves lost their 9th game of the season and were 4-9.
I'm 99% sure you and everyone else reading this don't/didn't know that on November 9th the Clippers, Nets, Knicks, (and Heat - another team he said he would want to play for) all had less losses than the Wolves.
Yes, I get that recently those teams were/are inferior to the Wolves but let's see, if being "top dawg" was what is most important to him, he could/would be the "top dawg" on those teams. They would bring in talent to surround him with, and he could/would help gel with guys he would prefer to play with and he would believe they would have a chance to rise to a championship level.
In 2 years the East might only have one dominant team and my guess is if that's true, it's probably going to be the team he currently plays for. No, he's not the "top dawg" on the 76ers but they sure as shit give him an excellent opportunity to "win".
He's in no way LeBron James but gee, let's see here. Does what I said above sound familiar?
Deleted User 75

He said mean things about Wiggins so we have to be completely irrational about how good he is and what type of teammate he is.

He was a bad teammate in Minnesota. He hasn't been a bad teammate in Philly.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:36 pm That's not arguing. That's just providing a brief recap of the teams you mentioned that have "no chance of winning soon".

Even though clippers are 5th in west. And nets have basically an identical record as Minnesota.
Now you're arguing about the definition of "arguing" for crying out loud.

Butler listed the New York and LA market teams that didn't already have a mega star personality on them. Period. It's the definition of not giving a shit about winning. You can pound out a response with random words (and we all know you will because you can't just not do it) but that is what he did.
Deleted User 75

The Clippers are 5th in the west. Time for you to shut up and admit you had no idea they were good this year.

Or we can keep repeating ourselves since you've said what you said about 4 times and I'm right there with you.
Deleted User 75

His list was just a list. He didn't control where he got traded to. It was a smoke signal to teams that he would consider resigning with after this year so they knew if it would be a 1 year rental or not.

You can keep pretending that the Clippers and Knicks aren't in a great spot to sign a top free agent this off season, but reality is that they both are. Rumors of kyrie or KD to knicks. Kawhi to clippers. Real possibilities.