Joel Embiid

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 183

Re: Joel Embiid

Post by Deleted User 183 »

What blows my mind is Iverson is only 43 years old. I know this is crazy but I think it would be awesome if the Sixers signed him to a minimum contract. I say see ya Shake. Having one of my top 10 favorite former players playing with one of my top 3 current players (along with Butler & Simmons) would be awfully fun to watch. Ok, he probably wouldn't be on the court with them but surely he could a play a garbage minute or two and the fans would go nuts.

Click on this link and you can see the mutual admiration.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... -embracing
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Gutter wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:42 am What blows my mind is Iverson is only 43 years old. I know this is crazy but I think it would be awesome if the Sixers signed him to a minimum contract. I say see ya Shake. Having one of my top 10 favorite former players playing with one of my top 3 current players (along with Butler & Simmons) would be awfully fun to watch. Ok, he probably wouldn't be on the court with them but surely he could a play a garbage minute or two and the fans would go nuts.

Click on this link and you can see the mutual admiration.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... -embracing
What is the complete opposite of POTD?
Deleted User 183

Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The biggest news to me is the career low in turnovers for Embiid at 3.0. Philly in general was painfully careless with the ball last year. Improve that and I think they have a great shot at making the Finals.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:32 am The biggest news to me is the career low in turnovers for Embiid at 3.0. Philly in general was painfully careless with the ball last year. Improve that and I think they have a great shot at making the Finals.
No doubt. As high of a usage rate as he has 3 TOs per game is pretty low. I'd guess that most people with his level of usage rate are at 3 or more turnovers per game.
Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

He’s right
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

How many did Jimmy attempt in those minutes? 20?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sigh. Jimmy was that no-pass guard you play with at the gym.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:45 am Sigh. Jimmy was that no-pass guard you play with at the gym.
He sure comes across very strongly as one of the worst teammates you'll ever see.
Deleted User 75

Not sure about 4th quarter, but Jimmy was 1 for 3 in OT.

Edit: 0 for 2 in 4th

(Embiid was 1 of 5 in 4th and OT combined per ESPN shot chart)
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:46 am
Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:45 am Sigh. Jimmy was that no-pass guard you play with at the gym.
He sure comes across very strongly as one of the worst teammates you'll ever see.
I said that last season, Illy and Gutter damn near had a shit hemorrhages.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Well - I think there are aspects of his game (his competitiveness, intensity and defensive commitment) that make him SEEM like a great teammate. But it grows clearer and clearer that there’s a mismatch between what his skills suggest he should be (an uber-Iguodala, who makes any other pieces fit), and what he is (a second-tier guy - which is no insult! - who wants the pieces around to conform to him).
Deleted User 75

Fwiw, I don't think embiid was blaming Butler for "the ball not finding him". Butler didn't take a bunch of shots. Embiid still touched the ball on nearly every posession.

As much as people may want it to be, I don't think this was Embiid taking a shot at Butler at all.
Deleted User 183

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:21 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:46 am
I said that last season, Illy and Gutter damn near had a shit hemorrhages.

I have "shit hemorrhages" when people don't have a fucking clue what they are talking about.

A. Hardly a "no pass guard".
B. Hardy one of the worst teammates you'll ever see".