Kansas @ Baylor Gamethread

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Kansas @ Baylor Gamethread

Post by Sparko »

Stanley looked 10 times better than Bender. Kendrick. Sigh.
edjayhawk

Post by edjayhawk »

I agree. He has quicker feet then Bender. Kendrick got hurt I heard. Time to start Stanley.
edjayhawk

Post by edjayhawk »

Game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Beaty kept the score close to save his hide. We won't win another game unless they can figure out the pass defense and offense.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

This is what KU will see for the rest of the year. Nine men in the box and man coverage every where else. Dare KU to throw. Can the QB make throws and WR beat man coverage.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Meanwhile. my adopted hometown team is playing competitive football against the #14 team in the country in front of a sold out stadium. In the rain and cold.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I actually think this was a lot closer than the final score. Bender hard-counted the OL into critical penalties on two drives that should have ended in TDs. I also think Stanley or Kendrick starting would have made an enormous difference. Also: two of the Baylor TD catches were juggled and were not catches IMHO. Then there was the fumble that got away. Bender pissed me off with his reads and lack of guts/mobility. Beaty did some crazy things. Never defer on the road to Baylor. Play-calling was bad. Clock management is the worst in all of CFB.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

The only improvement I saw was that the offense didn’t get repeated flags for holding like the last few years. They weren’t throwing away yards gained willy-nilly when they did gain them.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

It was an improvement over last year, but it won’t be enough to save Beaty’s job.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:38 pm It was an improvement over last year, but it won’t be enough to save Beaty’s job.
100%. This Baylor team is better than the one that destroyed KU in Lawrence last year. This Kansas team is better.

But Beaty won’t be around to see most of the benefits of the team being better. Stinks, because I like him. But he can’t be here any longer than November 24th.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:17 pm Meanwhile. my adopted hometown team is playing competitive football against the #14 team in the country in front of a sold out stadium. In the rain and cold.
Nevermind competitive. Cats are stomping MissSt.

Why can't we field something that isn't an embarrassment?
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Our offense is terrible. Baylor is no good defensively and we managed 7 points. If your opponent only gets 26, you should have a good shot at winning. No excuse for this. Same OC for two years second year for starting QB and we had ONE scoring drive because our freshman back broke loose for 70 yards on one run.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.