Enuf

Kansas Football.
jhawks99
Contributor

Enuf

Post by jhawks99 »

UK is thumping S Carolina.

They're a competitive, entertaining team and the stands are full. They were as bad as we are. They went out and got a real coach and supported him through some lean years. Now they have a real team. I want a real team.
Defense. Rebounds.
Judy_Jayhawk

Re: Enuf

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

I disagree...way too fucking much!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

To be fair, Kentucky only had one year where they were 2-10. They then went 5-7, 5-7 and then 7-6 and 7-6. Not really that lean of years.. But I do think we'll get a real team within a few years.

Beaty did his job to get talent in the program and get numbers up, but he and his staff have trouble coaching them. Once a real coach with a successful D-1 pedigree comes in, KU will take a step up to being an Iowa State type of team. Be .500 with a somewhat full house every Saturday and a team that is not embarrassed on the road.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That would be a breathe of fresh air if we went the ISU football program route. Sprinkle in an upset every couple of years and with the right senior and junior class an 11 win season. Give me good consistency.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think most fans are not expecting a 2006-2008 run of KU football, but just give us like 2003-2005 type of football. Go to a few bowls, win some big games and be consistent enough to give fans a reason to make the trip to Memorial Stadium.

My family was a season ticket holder from 2003-2010 to where we made the 3 hour drive to Lawrence 6 or 7 days in the fall. I would do it with my family all over again if they had any sort of consistency to make it worth it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What do we think the line will be @ WVU?
WVU - 28?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'd double that.
Defense. Rebounds.