Beaty back at #1...

Kansas Football.
jhawk73

Beaty back at #1...

Post by jhawk73 »

...on the coach's hot seat poll

http://coacheshotseat.com/
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
NLowrider

Re: Beaty back at #1...

Post by NLowrider »

I stand by my earlier comment that he should stay at #1. Even with wins.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

He has proven himself supremely incompetent. Only slightly better than no HC at all.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

I'm surprised he's on "the" hot seat. I figured he would be burned so bad his ass would be out of town by now.

You know it's really bad when I would be ok (I said ok - not happy) with any other guy that's on the hot seat other than Chris Ash.

Frost at 26 is interesting.
From being 13-0 and a self proclaimed national champion at UCF (yes - freaking UCF) to the bottom of the shit hole 0-4 (probably 0-5 in the next with 40 hours) with a 7 year 35 million dollar contract at the Corn - is head scratching.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

presuming Long is already in conversations with potential replacements, i’d think it surprising if beatty is let go prior to mid-season
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:48 am I'm surprised he's on "the" hot seat. I figured he would be burned so bad his ass would be out of town by now.

You know it's really bad when I would be ok (I said ok - not happy) with any other guy that's on the hot seat other than Chris Ash.

Frost at 26 is interesting.
From being 13-0 and a self proclaimed national champion at UCF (yes - freaking UCF) to the bottom of the shit hole 0-4 (probably 0-5 in the next with 40 hours) with a 7 year 35 million dollar contract at the Corn - is head scratching.
Nebraska fans were harboring the delusion that they had a diamond of a program hiding underneath a bad coach. The reality is that it will take Frost a couple of seasons to flush away the crap. You know, kind of like what would have happened if we hired a good coach after Weiss waddled on down the road.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU could have an interim coach on Sunday morning. Depending on what happens with WVU game. I think it will be a 30 or so point game, which is what the spread is. But anything that is more than that, or just a team that is so flat at the start of the game will not bode well for Beaty.

Say hello to HC Clint Bowen, Kenny Perry or Tony Hull come Sunday in my opinion. It'll be the bye week the following week, which is the perfect time to make a move like this. It really stinks, because I like Beaty. He did his job that he needed to do to get the numbers back up, but the results have not been near good enough on the field. Long gave him a chance, but won't much longer.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

With the bye week, my guess is Beaty will be gone by Monday at the latest. Bowen might be the interim, but they all know it's temporary. This isn't a job interview. The house will be cleaned at season's end.

Trouble is, there's no way to make this job look attractive. Is there?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Money.
Control over program.
Show that there can be fan support.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:24 pm Money.
Control over program.
Show that there can be fan support.
My thoughts..
Money. P5 Conference. Well-respected AD. No pressure to win now. Oh and money.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG