Doug Meacham Fired

Kansas Football.
HouseDivided

Re: Doug Meacham Fired

Post by HouseDivided »

Leawood wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:16 pm This,to me, says Beatty was told nothing short of a bowl will prevent his firing. He is trying to go out on his own term before becoming volunteer assistant coach at Longview High School.
FYP
Last edited by HouseDivided on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:26 am We put up 55 on Rutgers (granted our offense didn't put up many of those points). Freaking Ohio State didn't put up 55 on them and no other team has/did.
Ok, we didn't do jackshit against Baylor.
We put up 28 on Okie State. More than 3 of their other 5 opponents.
We put up 22 on WVU. More than all but one other of their opponents.
Because of that I thought that we might have a decent chance of beating KSU in November. Not any more.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

kubandalum wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:26 pm
Because of that I thought that we might have a decent chance of beating KSU in November. Not any more.
Talent wise, this team seems to have the talent to compete with/beat KSU, Iowa State, and possibly TCU. Terrible coaching won't allow that to happen though.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

We may have the talent (or lack of talent) that we can "compete" with anyone but I'm convinced 90% of the D1 teams in this country beat us 80% of the time if we played them 10 times.
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

Leawood wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:16 pm This,to me, says Beatty was told nothing short of a bowl will prevent his firing. He is trying to go out on his own term before becoming Wide Receivers coach at A&M
I'm sure that's what he was told although the new AD has been playing coy about that. In my mind nothing short of a bowl was going to be satisfactory. I'd even be happy with the Idaho Potato Bowl
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Long won't come in guns blazing in the first 2 months on the job, spouting off all sorts of stuff about the program. He started on August 1st, and is still getting a foothold on boosters, alumni, and current programs and coaches.

Everyone knows that it is a foregone conclusion that he will be making a new hire, with his search already underway, but will be official on the night of November 23rd or the morning of November 24th.

KU will have a new coach within the first week of December. Apples to oranges a bit here, but Texas hired Herman the day after firing Strong. Obviously, people want that Texas job, but that coaching search began before the season ended, just as KU's is now. Hire will be made quick. Beaty will go join some Texas school and be some sort of assistant there.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:49 am We may have the talent (or lack of talent) that we can "compete" with anyone but I'm convinced 90% of the D1 teams in this country beat us 80% of the time if we played them 10 times.
Right now I'm not sure this team could beat the Urbandale (IA) High School J-Hawks.
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:49 am We may have the talent (or lack of talent) that we can "compete" with anyone but I'm convinced 90% of the D1 teams in this country beat us 80% of the time if we played them 10 times.
The results would suggest you're being overly generous.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
painter

Post by painter »

When Meacham goes back to OSU,playing the Cowboys for the next few years will suck more than normal