Beaty Fired:

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Beaty Fired:

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:49 pm YAY! CNB is back.
I missed those Selden eyes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 pm Holy shit.
He has returned.
If Harvey County can vote for a Democrat, I suppose anything is possible.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:20 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:14 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 pm Jedf Fisch is interesting. Maybe one of the best football offensive minds in the game. He will make a great Head Coach but maybe not at Kansas. Miles is the right chioce. Not as flashy as Fisch. But Kansas doesn't need flashy now; it needs nuts and bolts. We can risk any failure this time. Four poor choices in a row is fatal. Long was hired to make smart choices not flashy one.
Fisch could be all of that but he most certainly is not what Long is looking for. The word is that we're days away from an announcement. Jeff Long is an absolute liar if he hires a guy during the season that has no head coaching experience. We're specifically looking at prospects that won't have to learn on the job.

But, if it's true that the new coach gives a speech at halftime tomorrow, then it's going to be one of Miles, Graham or Fisch.
This is everything I have heard. Smart money on Miles. Graham wouldn't be bad. Fisch is a guy who is the exact opposite of what Long wants on the job.

I have seen from multiple people on twitter that says sources are saying Miles is the guy, but Long is doing his due diligence in looking at all options before he makes it official. But Miles will be the guy within the next week. Possibly as early as tomorrow.
And by tomorrow I mean announced at halftime of basketball game. Presser early next week.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://twitter.com/amie_just/status/10 ... 16544?s=21

I think this will be happening. They wouldn’t agree to buyout unless something was imminent.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Sounds like Miles HC, Fisch OC.... Fisch KU head coach in waiting.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

sdoyel wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:14 pm Sounds like Miles HC, Fisch OC.... Fisch KU head coach in waiting.
This would be the most logical option. I do think Long went to Colorado Springs with Rams there to negotiate the salary and HC in waiting structure and all that with Fisch.

If that happens, I am HERE FOR IT!

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

LET ER RIP!!

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:18 pm
sdoyel wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:14 pm Sounds like Miles HC, Fisch OC.... Fisch KU head coach in waiting.
This would be the most logical option. I do think Long went to Colorado Springs with Rams there to negotiate the salary and HC in waiting structure and all that with Fisch.

If that happens, I am HERE FOR IT!
Now seeing that Long has done almost all the negotiating in person. Miles has probably said I like this guy and this guy and he's been doing it all.

But Miles has been done for a few days now, just filling staff out at the moment.

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Miles accepting the buyout settlement is huge, huge news. He wouldn't have done that without an accepted job offer elsewhere.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, he aint leaving $5M on the table just because. He wanted to get a quick $1.5M before accepting the Kansas job.

nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Haven't read it but this could be interesting....

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2018/nov/ ... coach-les/

Edit...Guess I was late to the game...
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Another thing here... Long isn't dumb. He knows how this thing works. If he and the WEF are going to go to KU Donors to start ponying up large amounts of cash for staff jobs, raises for assistants and eventually renovation of Booth Memorial you had better make a splash hire. If KU announces tomorrow they have hired Les Miles as the new HC and Jedd Fisch is the OC / coaching in waiting that is BIG time, national headline news. That is going to instantly energize a stagnant program.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Especially it being the day before a National TV broadcast on FOX at 6:30pm against OU. The game will be a blowout, but don't be surprised to see Les up in the booth doing a little interview.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Or Les is speaking at center court of AFH tomorrow night against, of all teams Louisiana.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:49 pm Or Les is speaking at center court of AFH tomorrow night against, of all teams Louisiana.
Oh I definitely think he's being announced tomorrow at halftime of game, and then will be traveling in some capacity with team or Jeff Long on Saturday and will be seen on cameras.

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:49 pm
Frontbutt must be so pissed right now.
He'll never know. We're all blocked!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Fisch as the OC may be wishful thinking. Too good to be true?
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

IF Miles is the one, and if it’s announced tomorrow, he can get a head start on recruiting.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Long said he likely wanted to get new guy on before season ended. Well the season ends in 1 week from tomorrow. Time to make that move before more schools jump in.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Multiple reports of Miles at The Oread tonight. No pictures yet, but so far have heard 3 or 4 reports of him there this evening.

I think it’s happening.