Beaty Fired:

Kansas Football.
sdoyel

Re: Beaty Fired:

Post by sdoyel »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:55 pm Just seems so much against what Long stands for. It’s just a really weird thing.

I get the whole NCAA investigation thing, I guess. Because that saves KU money. But my feeling is they have delayed all of this because they don’t have that money readily available because it’s tied up with facilities, new staff and whatnot.
Lol. No.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

If I’m KU, I would file a Third-Party Complaint against BGL and that twerp Zenger seeking indemnity for professional negligence and tap into that extended-reporting Claims Made Errors and Omissions insurance policy.

Problem solved.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Holy fuck, if Beaty was cheating all along and still sucked that bad?!

Holy fuck!
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

I was not a Beaty fan! That said, this is a really bad look by Jeff Long. Give him the money you said he would receive. I am TOTALLLY unimpressed by this classless act by the athletic department!
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

How are you unimpressed by this? The letter states the money is in an escrow, so if he is found to not have cheated and potentially fucked KU, he’ll get paid.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

2 sides to a story people. JFC. I applaud the due diligence by a competent AD for a change!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Burnt Orange Panties website lacked self awareness. UT basically tampered with Beaty before he was officially terminated, which I imagine is the thrust of KU's anger. His violations may have involved some active recruiting for another school while employed by KU--which would explain the scorched earth policy by Beaty, hoping to make a scene so uncomfortable KU would relent. It was a mistake letting him stay to the end of the season.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm struggling to figure out how this situation is anything better than really bad.

If KU is justified in firing Beaty for cause (which, well-deserved snark aside, is not likely met by being a shit football coach), then it means KU is in serious trouble with the NCAA.

If KU is not justified in firing Beaty for cause, then...they'd withhold payment (and cause all these headlines and other reputational damage)...why exactly?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Jesse Newell was on a Sports Talk show in Wichita yesterday. And he echoed those same sentiments.

One, if Beaty did do something, then KU has a violation. Probably not severe, but something..
Or two, if they are just withholding just because they don't want to pay, then that's just bad.

His first guess is basically that KU doesn't have the cash readily available to give. Good thing this happened after Les came here. Because if this happened before, Les ain't coming here.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Depends on what you define as 'serious trouble' with the NCAA.

I have a feeling that Beaty's last few months at KU were not pleasant ones and it seems like he burned more than a few bridges. So when it came down to payment time any sort of infraction, whether it be major or minor was a justifiable reason to null a payment on dismissal.

Cash thing = maybe? I find it hard that KUAD could not find 3 millie to get rid of Beaty. It may be more of a principle thing. That being said I had someone tell me that much of Les's money was paid under the assumption that he would win and with more wins would come ticket sales, incentives, etc and not cash up front. Take that for what its worth. Hard to believe what is coming out of KUAD these days.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:11 am Jesse Newell was on a Sports Talk show in Wichita yesterday. And he echoed those same sentiments.

One, if Beaty did do something, then KU has a violation. Probably not severe, but something..
Or two, if they are just withholding just because they don't want to pay, then that's just bad.

His first guess is basically that KU doesn't have the cash readily available to give. Good thing this happened after Les came here. Because if this happened before, Les ain't coming here.
Either KU "wins" against Beaty, and has an NCAA violation.

Or they lose and have to pay Beaty more and have an even worst reputation than they do right now.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:13 am Depends on what you define as 'serious trouble' with the NCAA.

I have a feeling that Beaty's last few months at KU were not pleasant ones and it seems like he burned more than a few bridges. So when it came down to payment time any sort of infraction, whether it be major or minor was a justifiable reason to null a payment on dismissal.
It is interesting that Scott Chasen, I believe from 247 said that Beaty got really tight-lipped and really shut everything down with media that final year.

So he had some suspicions of something going on due to his behavior over those last few months compared to previous years.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:13 am Depends on what you define as 'serious trouble' with the NCAA.

In a vacuum, sure, but you have to be (and KU certainly is) smart enough to know there's a time to exercise every right you have, and a time for discretion.

Discretion here is the much better play (unless you really are in trouble, or really are broke). And in either of those unlesses, you've got bigger problems than the $3mm.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Sure, I get discretion because the last thing KUAD needs is more NCAA BS but they also believe they are on the right side of this. I almost get a feeling that Beaty will want to settle this before more comes out. His time and tenure at KU did ZERO for his future employment status and the last thing he would want is more mud slinging screwing up his future employment opportunities.

Again believe what you will but much of this may stem from exit interviews with staff when Beaty was canned. If you remember Meachem was canned and Love, the video coordinator was 'promoted' to OC. Apparently proper paper work wasn't filed with the NCAA to allow him to call plays. That is considered a violation in the NCAAs and KUs eyes and thus a justifiable reason not to pay Beaty. Now is this a SMU death warrant violation, hell no but it is enough to null a payment. If Beaty had left in good graces and not did some real shady stuff behind the scenes I'm positive Long would pay him and end this era once and for all.

Holidaysmore - 2005
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

What shady stuff was Beaty doing? Negative recruiting KU, causing de-commits to go to UT? We were recruiting against Fort Hays State.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

And this whole "exit interview" revelations pointing to a "bad" Beaty sure has the smell of one Clint Bowen, who has been the biggest backstabber in the history of KU football.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Seems to me like they may want to make sure whatever contact he had with Texas was on the up and up. His last day was a Saturday and then Sunday Texas says they're bringing him on staff, that's worth looking at.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Counterpoint: who cares?
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I just think this is a big nothing-burger considering the pots of gold given, first, to the dyslexic proselytizer and, second, to the fatso narcoleptic. KU is better than this.