Beaty Fired:

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Beaty Fired:

Post by holidaysmore »

I'm hearing that Coach Mac at CU won't be retained at the end of the year.

There is buzz going around Wazzu that Mike Leach might be on the move as well.

If KU is going for the shake up hire, hell go all in on the Pirate.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The one really good thing KU has going for them right now is that Long is all-out on this search. No need to wait until November 24th or 25th to make it official. Long kind of gets to have his pick of coaches by going so early in the process. KU needs to get their guy this week, whoever that is. Or else L'Ville, Colorado, maybe USC, and North Carolina will all be in the mix in the next couple of weeks and higher profile candidates will want those jobs.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:02 pm
seahawk wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:43 pm Les Miles, are you folks kidding? Charlie Weis 2.0.
I don't know much for sure, but I know that Charlie Weis is NOT a vegan.
He IS on a seefood diet.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:01 am I'm hearing that Coach Mac at CU won't be retained at the end of the year.

There is buzz going around Wazzu that Mike Leach might be on the move as well.

If KU is going for the shake up hire, hell go all in on the Pirate.
Oh God Mike Leach would be a dream hire, a knock-it-out-of-the-park success.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wasn’t Leach chased outta Lubbock for the same bullshit that Mangino was chased outta Lawrence for?

Don’t get me wrong. I’d be down!
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:59 pm Wasn’t Leach chased outta Lubbock for the same bullshit that Mangino was chased outta Lawrence for?

I think it was a little different. But here is a link about it...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/bo ... id=4781981

I would consider him a great hire...right behind Doeren, ahead of Littrell (just because he has a longer history of getting results)
Last edited by nu_bronco on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Official KU charter plane just took off for Baton Rouge from Lawrence. Boarded out of site of reporters.

Don't think Long is hiding it anymore. Les is his guy. There has been a lot of travel from Baton Rouge to and from KC today. And I think I heard that Les Miles' agent was at the KU game last night.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I have to remain skeptical but when Miles took the job at Oklahoma State, they were 3-8.

He then went 4-7, 9-4 and 7-5.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

My only hope is: if Miles is hired, he doesn't turn into Frontbutt V.2.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

defixione wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:40 pm My only hope is: if Miles is hired, he doesn't turn into Frontbutt V.3.
Fyp. The second frontbutt posts here way too often.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:50 pm I have to remain skeptical but when Miles took the job at Oklahoma State, they were 3-8.

He then went 4-7, 9-4 and 7-5.
That 4-7 season they went to Norman and beat the #4 Sooners, ending their National Championship season.

4 seasons at Stillwater. 4-7. 8-5. 9-4. 7-5. That's pretty good.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Has anyone seen assistant coaches he would or could be linked too? That is going to be the key for me. Under Beaty it was nothing but a revolving door.

If Miles can get a good group of assistant coaches that is going to be make the difference. Some of that also falls on Long and WEF because they are driving donors to kick in more money to pay competitive salaries and also create new positions.

Les could work at KU as long as the other pieces fall in place and he is willing to evolve on the offensive side of the ball.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:59 pm Wasn’t Leach chased outta Lubbock for the same bullshit that Mangino was chased outta Lawrence for?

That was all pretext. It's not really why Mangino was chased.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Les Miles will not change from his 1950s offensive philosophy. He got fired at LSU because he promised everyone, fans and athletic dept., that he would change it and did not make the tiniest of changes.

He cannot groom quarterbacks, never did that at LSU, never had any that progressed under him. He hires his old friends as asst. coaches and refuses to fire them. OCs come and go, but Miles calls all the plays and it's all 1950s run the football against a stacked defense and on 3rd down, throw long down the sideline with a QB who isn't that accurate. In Louisiana, he had all kinds of defensive talent, but where's he going to get that at KU?
Don't inject Lysol.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hmmmm. I don't recall seeing Miles with any playsheets on the sidelines, or signaling plays in to the QB or sending in the WR with the new playcall, 1950's style.

Does he have input in the offense? Yes, like all head coaches. His ultimate undoing at LSU was sticking with Cam Cameron as OC.

But your point about developing QBs.. It's a valid one, but I'll turn it right back around. Tell me the last great QB to come out of the SEC. Matthew Stafford back in the mid 2000s? The SEC does not do well in producing QBs in the NFL. Their style of play and extremely physical defenses just don't allow it.

I would feel quite comfortable with Miles Kendrick/Carter Stanley at QB with a punishing defense like Miles always had at LSU.

Iowa State is proving currently right now that you need a QB that makes enough plays to move the ball, but defenses will win you games more often than not. KU has 2 of those guys on the roster right now in Stanley and Kendrick. Don't think KU needs to have a QB that throws it 50 times a game and 5 WR constantly on the field. They need a solid defense and an offense that can score 25 or so points a game and give you a chance to succeed week in and week out.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cam Newton.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:47 pmCam Newton.
Good point. Although will say he was there for one year. Sea mentioned about Miles grooming QBs, so I should have stipulated from freshman to junior/senior seasons.

Drew Lock from Missouri is the best bet to be the next SEC QB. But that's kind of my point. There's been what 3 guys in 15 years with Newton/Lock/Stafford? Big 12 will have 3 in 3 years with Will Grier/Mayfield/Mahomes in addition to Sam Bradford doing well before injuries and Ryan Tannehill starting games when healthy.

As I mentioned to a friend of mine. I don't think you can expect KU to become the next Texas Tech or Okie State and just try to out score teams. You don't have the horses for that and you will lose. You can't beat OU/oSu/TT/WV in a shootout.

You need to zig while the rest of the conference zags. Be kstate with a better offense and be a consistent team like Iowa State. Don't need this flashy offense with high points but with no defense. That doesn't work for a program like Kansas.

seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Dak Prescott wanted to go to LSU, but Miles wanted him only at WR. Seems like he did okay in college, and Miss State is in the SEC. SEC schools weren't looking for Drew Brees at QB, but ones better than what Miles can groom. His only decent QB was a transfer. But take a look at what his WRs do in the pros compared to their lack of stats at LSU.

Blaming Cameron for the same Miles' offense he forces every OC into...ex-players say he interferes constantly in the offense. Endless penalties for delay of game indicate the times when he sends in his own boneheaded decision.

Where is Miles going to get the defensive talent that is everywhere in South Louisiana? Or the Heisman contender running backs whose careers he can derail? He's not Saban when it comes to recruiting.

But enjoy watching the 3 toss dive in a row offense.
Don't inject Lysol.