Welcome Coach Miles!

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Welcome Coach Miles!

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

New Les is More podcast highlights.

Les says he'll win in first year. He'll have a better grasp in Spring Ball, but he mentioned success in College Football is sometimes more about a mindset than the level of talent.
Loves Lawrence and the campus. Says it completely destroys all narratives of Kansas being flat and all that. His daughter, Smacker, loves it as well. Says it's different than what she had thought.
Loves the facilities. Thinks it is top notch to have 4 different fields to practice on all in close proximity to locker rooms. Mentioned old indoor facility close to Allen Fieldhouse. And they mentioned that the facility there was in decent shape, but they can't wait to see the new facility when done in January.
Loves the colors of Crimson and Blue and the color combinations they can use for uniforms, which is important to the players.
Should fill out staff soon. Coaches just got done wrapping up seasons and are watching film on recruits and returning players.

This wasn't on podcast, but he has first official weekend visits coming up this weekend. Could conceivably get a handful of commitments this weekend.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The podcast was alright. Not a lot of new info and I'm glad he's going into podcast hiatus.

Keep in mind that the co-host is an Adidas employee.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:06 am The podcast was alright. Not a lot of new info and I'm glad he's going into podcast hiatus.

Yeah they definitely puts some emphasis with the Adidas when talking about the uniforms.

But yeah nothing too much revealed. You can tell in a comfortable setting, he's really good by getting his points across and whatnot. The first presser he had was something he's not comfortable with, and therefore was kind of awkward. Get him on a living room couch with things that he feels comfortable with, he'll be great in communication and all that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:12 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:06 am The podcast was alright. Not a lot of new info and I'm glad he's going into podcast hiatus.

Yeah they definitely puts some emphasis with the Adidas when talking about the uniforms.

But yeah nothing too much revealed. You can tell in a comfortable setting, he's really good by getting his points across and whatnot. The first presser he had was something he's not comfortable with, and therefore was kind of awkward. Get him on a living room couch with things that he feels comfortable with such as a hat (and brief case full of Adidas and/or "booster" cash?), Lesticles will be great in communication and all that.
Yep
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

From JayhawkSlant who talked with a local recruit who is committed to another school. The recruit said that if Les Miles called, he would answer. Well... Les called. If he could get that QB from Blue Valley, that would be a big get. Still unlikely, but the doors that were shut are now open with Miles.

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Thanks for the podcast highlights, Newton.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

From the KU Athletics Board of Directors meeting... Les will be introduced at halftime of the men’s basketball game this Saturday.
I am, I said.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere but saw that Matt Baty is leaving the WEF. Writing on the wall after Long brought in his former fundraising guy from Arkansas.

Never dealt with him personally. But I heard he was a real douche and blamed fans who didn't give money as part of the reason the football program didn't succeed. Jeff Long doing things his way.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

It has not been mentioned and when I read that press release on .com yesterday I found that very interesting. I wonder what was behind that move? I certainly have my guesses.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Les Miles came out and talked to the crowd at halftime tonight. Gotta say, that dude is weird. He certainly didn't do anything to quash any rumors that he might be slipping a bit mentally. It was really bizarre. I hope he hires some really competent assistants.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:59 am Les Miles came out and talked to the crowd at halftime tonight. Gotta say, that dude is weird. He certainly didn't do anything to quash any rumors that he might be slipping a bit mentally. It was really bizarre. I hope he hires some really competent assistants.
You didn’t really pay attention to how he was at LSU then. Quirky. He’s kind of a weird guy in a way. Annunciates words differently than normal, doesn’t do that well in terms of big crowd types of things. He was that way at LSU.

But get him on a field and in practice or a game, and he’s completely different. He’s comfortable there, in his element. All of this stuff is not in his element. If you listen to his podcast at all, he’s not even close to that kind of stuff. He knows his stuff with football, can’t be making assumptions after just 2 weeks on the job.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Beaty and Gill were very articulate guys. Kissing babies and shaking hands.

Weis has the biggest ego in any room. A certain type of people would lap that blowhardedness right up.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Not sure if we have a recruiting thread. But Les got a QB just now.

Thomas MacVittie

I am, I said.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

sorry, but “hitting on” her is a far cry from sexual misconduct
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Then why the settlement?
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:36 pm Then why the settlement?
Could be lots of reasons.

I do employment. Often I’ll have what I genuinely see as a bogus claim but there’s just no documentation one way or the other.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:36 pm Then why the settlement?
i’m not saying there isn’t more to the story, just commenting on the quotes provided