Offensive and Defensive Coordinators

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Offensive and Defensive Coordinators

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good offenses at Cincinnati. Former ND position coach.

Need to get someone hired within a week.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I don't think it would be a bad choice. Get it done.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Cincy OC withdrew his name for consideration. Back to Square One...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Les Koenning as your new OC. Wealth of experience at mostly SEC schools.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Meh hire, but not a lot of options at this point in the game.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:31 pm Meh hire, but not a lot of options at this point in the game.
My thoughts exactly. I hope he surprises us.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Don’t overlook the offensive consultant hire they made from a HC at an NAIA school in TN. Brent Dearman. His team averaged 55 points per game last year. He knows his stuff. Will play a big role in shaping the offense. Just can’t help coach on the field or recruit. Will just look at film all the time and find the best plays that fit the personnel.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Why didn't they just hire him as offensive coordinator. Seems odd...

https://kuathletics.com/news/2019/1/23/ ... ltant.aspx
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Maybe because they wanted him to get a bit of experience at this level first..? I wouldn’t mind him as an OC, but I also like a proven guy there for this program.

vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Was hoping for Bob Sutton
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:43 am Don’t overlook the offensive consultant hire they made from a HC at an NAIA school in TN. Brent Dearman. His team averaged 55 points per game last year. He knows his stuff. Will play a big role in shaping the offense. Just can’t help coach on the field or recruit. Will just look at film all the time and find the best plays that fit the personnel.
Now that is a sweet hire. These analyst positions are very important and can make a big impact. The new Colorado HC was the DC at Georgia. His OC and his DC were both analyst at Georgia. I like this.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Can these consultants work during game time? Can they sit in the booth and review live footage giving instant feedback/recommendation on plays? Really curious how all these new positions are going to interact. I know it isn't going to hurt just excited and ready for the season to start.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

nu_bronco wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:07 pm Can these consultants work during game time? Can they sit in the booth and review live footage giving instant feedback/recommendation on plays? Really curious how all these new positions are going to interact. I know it isn't going to hurt just excited and ready for the season to start.
No, but they watch TV and text!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

nu_bronco wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:07 pm Can these consultants work during game time? Can they sit in the booth and review live footage giving instant feedback/recommendation on plays? Really curious how all these new positions are going to interact. I know it isn't going to hurt just excited and ready for the season to start.
Pretty sure they are an off the field role. Can’t be in booth, on the practice field or anything like that. But I think they can be brought in the minute the game ends to watch and breakdown film with the coaching staff. And they’ll watch practice film and scout other teams plays and see what works for them and what doesn’t. They do a ton of the dirty work behind the scenes when it comes to watching film.

vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Les has hired a director and assistant director of on campus recruiting. What is their job? Are they looking for students who will try out for the team?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

vmlb wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:47 pm Les has hired a director and assistant director of on campus recruiting. What is their job? Are they looking for students who will try out for the team?
They handle all the details for the campus visits. Set schedules, do visits with the professors and counselors, and so on....

vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Thanks
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

North Texas OC Graham Harrell to replace Kliff Kingsbury at USC. Guess that is why he didn't take the Kansas OC job.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster