NCAA Coaching Carousel

Kansas Football.
Lonestarjayhawk

NCAA Coaching Carousel

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Reports out of Lubbock have Kliff Kingsbury out and new Tech AD calling his former KState team-mate/former room-mate, current Clemson DC Brent Venables. Littrell of UNT is a Plan B. I wouldn't fire Kingsbury unless I had a solid commitment from Venables. A Kingsbury for Littrell isn't a good trade.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Lonestarjayhawk

Re: NCAA Coaching Carousel

Open Now
Colorado
Louisville
Maryland
I think Texas Tech

Maybe's
So Cal?
KState?
UNC? But with a $12 Million Buyout?
Boston College?
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
Lonestarjayhawk

Fedora out at UNC. Littrell current HC UNT and former UNC OC number one on replacement list.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I would expect that USC will let Helton go as well. NFL names being tossed around for that job.

I stand corrected. Swann has released a statement stating that Helton will be coming back.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

AD Lynn Swann says Helton to return.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Lonestarjayhawk

Coach Old Balls won't leave State on his own if son, Sean isn't named head coach. I think Littrell's first chioce is State over UNC. UNC should apply pressure immediately. They have a huge headstart. Venables goes to Tech, Littrell's goes to UNC. I don't know who State has third on their list but no one is happy with accepting third best.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Think littrell would choose Tech over kstate. Already has a spread personnel and on Texas where he is already comfortable. And I also think Venables will be kstates first choice.

UNC should go after Appy State Coach Satterfield.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Lonestarjayhawk

Former UT HC Mack Brown to UNC.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Hiring Les Miles five months ago, I mean two weeks ago, will look better and better as these other low-to-mid Power 5 jobs get filled by candidates vastly inferior to Miles.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:43 am Hiring Les Miles five months ago, I mean two weeks ago, will look better and better as these other low-to-mid Power 5 jobs get filled by candidates vastly inferior to Miles.
Yep. I lol'd at your hiring Les Miles 5 months ago, because it is true.

Mack Brown is a far worse hire than Miles. Brown is older, been out of the game longer and going to a place that expects to compete for ACC title like what they did with Fedora's first few years. All KU wants is a winning season and competitive football.

I am really curious as to what Tech does. Do they stick with offense, or do they change it up and go defense and win that way.

And supposedly the Auburn job is close to opening up? Bob Stoops been connected there. Woah.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Plus, Mack got a salary of $3.5M per year compared to Les' $2.775M.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:38 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:43 am Hiring Les Miles five months ago, I mean two weeks ago, will look better and better as these other low-to-mid Power 5 jobs get filled by candidates vastly inferior to Miles.
Yep. I lol'd at your hiring Les Miles 5 months ago, because it is true.

Mack Brown is a far worse hire than Miles. Brown is older, been out of the game longer and going to a place that expects to compete for ACC title like what they did with Fedora's first few years. All KU wants is a winning season and competitive football.

I am really curious as to what Tech does. Do they stick with offense, or do they change it up and go defense and win that way.

And supposedly the Auburn job is close to opening up? Bob Stoops been connected there. Woah.
I really don't get firing Kingsbury. Speaks to me of something of a disconnect with reality in terms of what that program is and can realistically be.
Lonestarjayhawk

I agree with Fish. Firing Kingsbury doesn't make sense unless the former K-Stater AD has his former room-mate/team-mate, Brent Venables already hired.

And UNC had the choice of two better young bright coaches and still picked Mack Brown. Kansas had to go SAFE with Miles because of three straight bad hires in the past decade. I don't think the TarHeels got it right.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

This is pretty surprising to me. I think staying with Kingsbury would have been smarter. Maybe some personality issues between AD and Kingsbury?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ate-aggies
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Read that Wells and Kingsbury had same record against teams who finished .500 or better. 9-33 or something like that over a 6 year period.

That’s not good. This guy feasted off of an easier conference. But he does seem to have a good duo of coordinators that he’s had the last 2 years, and they’ve been better. They’ll stick with a spread pass-heavy offense with former Missouri coordinator from their good run in late 2000’s early 2010’s.

But this hire just doesn’t seem to make much sense. There had to have been something more out there because the hire was made so quick. Another reason why I’m glad KU got Les early.

Tech got worse today. So did WV by losing their stud offensive coordinator.

hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Rumour that Bill Snyder is probably announcing his retirement today. Kansas State likely looking at Seth Littrell, Brent Venables, or the NDSU head coach.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:58 am Rumour that Bill Snyder is probably announcing his retirement today. Kansas State likely looking at Seth Littrell, Brent Venables, or the NDSU head coach.
Yeah that's what is expected. But Snyder kind of does his own thing. He's the AD for football, that's for sure.

But I do think kstate will make a huge run at Littrell. I just don't think Venables would leave for kstate. I see him leaving for a bigger program considering the position he is in now.

surly

Post by surly »

Venables has stuff hanging in Manhattan. He not goin' there. Plus, his boy plays for Clemson. Leavitt was hot with their former AD, Curry, not the current hayseed. Leavitt is as old as Les. I bet they go after Littrell. Tech took the Utah State dud.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean this qualifies as a coaching carrousel but our boy Turner retired at Liberty. Will take care of wife who has a heart condition. Good guy there doing that. Still think he’s a good coach, just not at P5 level.

Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.