OU Fans

Kansas Football.
painter

OU Fans

Post by painter »

Good Lord what a delusional fan base.

I just spent the Thanksgiving break in Norman and Enid OK.
The chest thumping and "bring on Bama" talk was unreal.

They went to overtime with a service school in Norman.
They barely beat OSU in Norman when OSU went for 2 for the win.
KU hung 40 on them.

Seriously overrated.
NewtonHawk11

Re: OU Fans

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

You’re not wrong. But I will say this.

Big 12 takes a lot of grief for being all offense and no defense. An average Ohio State offense just carved up the supposedly best defense in college football today by scoring 62. I think OU has best offense in football and could put up 35+ on anybody in the playoff. A good offense beats a good defense any day in today’s game.

I’d like to see OU get a shot, because I do think they’ll beat Texas and get the 4 seed in the playoffs and go against Bama at Jerry’s World in a month.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

OU doesn't make it into the Football Final Four. No 'Bama for them this season...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I think OU can score a lot of points but Alabama is pretty good on D. They also have learned a few things on the offensive side of the ball. I watched a few of their games this year. If they played each other I would bet Alabama would win because OU's defense is questionable. I am curious if OU keeps Ruffin as DC. I know him and Riley have history but does Riley think Ruffin can correct the issues on the defense long term?
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

nu_bronco wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:23 am I think OU can score a lot of points but Alabama is pretty good on D. They also have learned a few things on the offensive side of the ball. I watched a few of their games this year. If they played each other I would bet Alabama would win because OU's defense is questionable. I am curious if OU keeps Ruffin as DC. I know him and Riley have history but does Riley think Ruffin can correct the issues on the defense long term?

The bigger question is does Riley return as HC or does the NFL grab him?
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I get the feeling he wants to stay at OU a while. I don't know why I think that. I don't have any evidence or insider info, just a gut feeling.