Pooka

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Pooka

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hearing more stories that Pooka acted in self-defense in this whole thing. Lady came by, wouldn't leave him alone, he pushed her out of room, she got pissed and called police.

Multiple lawyers in and around Lawrence area are thinking the case ultimately gets dropped when more details come out.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

1. The fact that he hasn't been released yet means they are still collecting information. That is good. I think.
2. This is his first strike, per say. I believe that is also in his favor.
3. If your story or close to it stands up he might sit out a game or be put on internal warning but no release.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If it were up to CnB, he'd be off the team, like Vick and Mario Little.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

(This is, of course, not accurate.)
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Affidavit released on KC Star today. I’ve hit my limit this month or whatever, but general consensus is that it’s bad.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Affidavit is bad. He admitted to punching her in arms. She also alleges punches to the stomach and grabbing her by the throat.

There's no mention of self-defense (yet), which was previously rumored.

If he takes some kind of plea, kicking him off the team is a very realistic outcome.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 74870.html
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Able to read that article now. Strange.

But yeah, hard to imagine him staying here. Unless he takes a lengthy suspension, he probably won’t play here again.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:25 pm Able to read that article now. Strange.

But yeah, hard to imagine him staying here. Unless he takes a lengthy suspension, he probably won’t play here again.
Use incognito window/tab for all Star articles to bypass paywall.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

What is incognito window/ tab?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If you use Chrome, you can open up an "incognito window" which doesn't track history, cookies, etc.

Safari has the same thing and it's called "private" window or tab.

IE has Private as well.

Go to File and you'll see the options.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Or right click the link, “open in private window” or “open incognito window”.
I am, I said.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

They will work out a lessor deal with the DA and Pooka sits for 3-4 games.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:33 pm They will work out a lessor deal with the DA and Pooka sits for 3-4 games.
That’s what I think too. He ain’t leaving the team and he isn’t gonna serve a long suspension.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Nevermind
Sucks that Pooka felt a need to hit a woman.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

All of these matters makes me reflect on Gameball punishing a player who sexually assaulted a women's volleyball player by having him run the stadium aisles.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Does it really matter what the legal outcome of this is? If he hit a woman, he should not play for KU. End of story.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Leawood wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:49 am All of these matters makes me reflect on Gameball punishing a player who sexually assaulted a women's volleyball player by having him run the stadium aisles.
Times have changed, that's for sure.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:41 am Does it really matter what the legal outcome of this is? If he hit a woman, he should not play for KU. End of story.
Agree to an extent. I do think that college sports do have a slippery slope with this. Obviously, I am very against putting hands on a woman. However, college sports kind of likes to give some leniency to some players that are accused of that.

For example, Gary Patterson let Turpin stay on the team after one arrest, but then kicked him off after a second chance. Nick Saban did the same thing.

But then on the other hand, Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt kicked off a player soon after an arrest. Gundy did the same thing with Tyreek Hill at oSu.

And of course, Urban Meyer did whatever he wanted and was not consistent at all.

I do think that it was a misdemeanor at first has some factor in what Miles will do. A lot of the above cases were not originally misdemeanors, they were pleaded down to those.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We ain't Baylor.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:12 am We ain't Baylor.
Oh, I think that's the extreme of the extreme. That was a systemic failure from top down. This is one bad decision at a bad place at a bad time.

If I was coach and the head of a program, it'd be a tough call and I'd lean towards to him not playing again at Kansas. But then again, I'm not the head of the program and I wouldn't fault if Miles decided that Pooka will be suspended a couple of games, and then will play again.