Jayhawks14

Pooka

Post by Jayhawks14 »

Sticking around next season, or is he going to leave? Discuss
defixione
Contributor

Re: Pooka

Post by defixione »

Rumor has it if they keep Hull Pooka and other backs stay.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

If he left where would he be going?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

My guess is that Hull is retained and if is the case he would stay.

Lets say Hull is not retained. I could still see a case where he would stay if he has a one on one meeting with Les.

If he does leave my guess would be he could pick just about any school in the country or he goes where ever Hull would be going.

He needs to stay. Don't lose eligibility and he will be a focal point of the offense next year.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Not that it speaks directly to any specific RB.

https://twitter.com/bentonasmith/status ... 57056?s=21
I am, I said.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’d be shocked if he leaves.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Unless a scheme completely changes and you no longer fit I don’t see how any current player with eligibility would want to transfer especially a RB.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I think I saw too that Pooka’s dad is pumped about Les hire. That makes a difference too. I think the top 3 RB are back in Pooka, Herbert and Dom. The offense will be run heavy. And I think Les loves that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That is a pretty good three headed monster. Get the o-line to keep improving and shore up a defense that is Les ball.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Gutter wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:36 pm If he left where would he be going?
Count me as in this camp. He's not going to drop a level to play immediately. I can't see him transferring to sit a year. Not when he's got a coach who wants to run the ball.

It is of course also true that a run-heavy offense is both consistent with Miles' pedigree and also the best option for next year: there's a lot of talent and depth at the position, and it's not in our best interests to give the ball back to other teams quickly.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

didn't Les already speak very highly of Pooka?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:15 am
Gutter wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:36 pm If he left where would he be going?
Count me as in this camp. He's not going to drop a level to play immediately. I can't see him transferring to sit a year. Not when he's got a coach who wants to run the ball.

It is of course also true that a run-heavy offense is both consistent with Miles' pedigree and also the best option for next year: there's a lot of talent and depth at the position, and it's not in our best interests to give the ball back to other teams quickly.
In my mind, Pooka and Corionne are the only returning starters that are a danger to transfer. If we keep Hull, then they have a pretty easy decision to stay.

But, both of those guy could transfer anywhere including SEC schools and play as RS sophomores then either leave for the NFL or put up huge numbers for big programs. That's a legitimate alternative that is only attractive to very talented true freshmen.

In other words, the NCAA transfer rules are absolute crap.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I just can't see him sitting.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:20 am I just can't see him sitting.
Biggest factor in our favor.

Outside of that, if Hull leaves, I would not stay if I were Pooka.

And on that note, I would not stay if I were Hull.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:24 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:20 am I just can't see him sitting.
Biggest factor in our favor.

Outside of that, if Hull leaves, I would not stay if I were Pooka.

And on that note, I would not stay if I were Hull.
Explain further on your last line..
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Almost every SEC school and every Texas school would hire him for the exact position he has now. Why Kansas?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:37 am Almost every SEC school and every Texas school would hire him for the exact position he has now. Why Kansas?
Maybe he likes the kids in the program. Likes the opportunity that Kansas gave to him. Went from being a high school head coach to now being an associate head coach, making almost half a million. Has a national championship coach now leading a school where he is still employed as of this moment.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well, he's going to have a lot of recruits over several decades of recruiting.

As for the opportunity, OK, but David Beaty gave that to him, not necessarily Kansas. He has no ties here and his promotion was self-earned--something that is being noticed across the entire country.

As for Les, yes it helps, but Hull is such a star that he could work for almost in coach in the country right now. He's that valuable.

I'd love to keep him, but he has big football schools that would hire him in a second and they're closer to his home. I would leave, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking if I were a football coach, Kansas is not where I'd want to go. The administrative support has been abysmal forever.

Another way to put it: If you personally, being from Kansas, were a hot stud recruiter for Mississippi State basketball and your coach just got fired and Bill Self called you, would you stay at Mississippi State? Hell f'n No.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:59 am Well, he's going to have a lot of recruits over several decades of recruiting.

As for the opportunity, OK, but David Beaty gave that to him, not necessarily Kansas. He has no ties here and his promotion was self-earned--something that is being noticed across the entire country.

As for Les, yes it helps, but Hull is such a star that he could work for almost in coach in the country right now. He's that valuable.

I'd love to keep him, but he has big football schools that would hire him in a second and they're closer to his home. I would leave, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking if I were a football coach, Kansas is not where I'd want to go. The administrative support has been abysmal forever.

Another way to put it: If you personally, being from Kansas, were a hot stud recruiter for Mississippi State basketball and your coach just got fired and Bill Self called you, would you stay at Mississippi State? Hell f'n No.
Valid points.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Give him his fucking money. I don’t care if you have to pay him like a coordinator or even a head coach. Money is the one thing we have.