Pooka

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Pooka

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:16 pm Give him his fucking money. I don’t care if you have to pay him like a coordinator or even a head coach. Money is the one thing we have.
This is kind of where I am. Get him to over $500K. He's definitely worth it with how he goes about things in recruiting and production. Herbert has been sneaky good with Hull coaching him up as well.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

If you are coming to Kansas you most likely didn't have the best options in front of you when you picked a school. Suddenly after 1 year you now have a NC coach, without having to transfer or without having to fight for playing time at another school. Why would someone that came to Kansas want to leave that situation?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Freshman of the year, first team all conference.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

LVCHawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:09 pm If you are coming to Kansas you most likely didn't have the best options in front of you when you picked a school. Suddenly after 1 year you now have a NC coach, without having to transfer or without having to fight for playing time at another school. Why would someone that came to Kansas want to leave that situation?
That's most everyone but the two guys I mentioned.

Pooka's issue wasn't that the SEC schools didn't think he could play it was that no one thought he'd get qualified, and I'm still not sure how we pulled that off.

Harris, of course, was offered by all the big schools, and has now showed he can play at this level. He came here for one reason: Hull.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Fair enough. As several have mentioned, it would seem odd to sit out now after you consider what has opened up here at Kansas, but if it had been another year of Beatty and probably 3-4 wins next year I could see the desire to transfer then.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

LVCHawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:24 pm Fair enough. As several have mentioned, it would seem odd to sit out now after you consider what has opened up here at Kansas, but if it had been another year of Beatty and probably 3-4 wins next year I could see the desire to transfer then.
Getting Miles was crucial in preventing a Louisiana exodus.

I agree that there isn't much point in leaving unless you're getting no playing time here. Pooka/Harris as stud true freshmen have a rare opportunity to go to a big football school and shine on a much bigger stage. But, as jfish and you allude to: there is certainly a lot of risk in that decision as well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:16 pm Freshman of the year, first team all conference.
First rookie to make 1st team from KU.

http://www.big12sports.com/pdf9/5479797.pdf
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

also i wonder if ksu fans are upset their boy alex barnes didn't make 1st.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:29 pm
LVCHawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:24 pm Fair enough. As several have mentioned, it would seem odd to sit out now after you consider what has opened up here at Kansas, but if it had been another year of Beatty and probably 3-4 wins next year I could see the desire to transfer then.

I agree that there isn't much point in leaving unless you're getting no playing time here. Pooka/Harris as stud true freshmen have a rare opportunity to go to a big football school and shine on a much bigger stage. But, as jfish and you allude to: there is certainly a lot of risk in that decision as well.
am i being overly optimistic thinking that the stage just got a whole lot bigger in Lawrence?
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:59 pm

am i being overly optimistic thinking that the stage just got a whole lot bigger in Lawrence?
Thankfully there is no longer a track to hold in all the awesome
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:59 pm

That’s how I feel, and sense the team feels as well. Regardless of the results next season, there will be Hatter hype and spotlight to the biggest rebuilding since Budig Hall.
I am, I said.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Les helps, but we still have to win to avoid all of the 11 am kickoffs.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:13 pm Les helps, but we still have to win to avoid all of the 11 am kickoffs.
I do think that those 11am kickoffs will subside this year. I think the league will want Les to get some mid-afternoon and primetime action. Still think there will be 3 or 4 games that will be 11, but won't be nearly as much as last year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hull made an in-house visit to the CB Russell last night. So I’m thinking he’s on the staff or else he wouldn’t be recruiting for KU.

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Damn it.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Can't have nice things as a Kansas football fan. Period.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 am Can't have nice things as a Kansas football fan. Period.
This.

Incredibly disappointing as of now. Bragg situation says to wait, but 99% of these things don't turn out that way.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:45 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 am Can't have nice things as a Kansas football fan. Period.
This.

Incredibly disappointing as of now. Bragg situation says to wait, but 99% of these things don't turn out that way.
Yeah a small part of me wonders about his newfound fame making him an easy target for anyone. But damnit, just remove yourself from those situations. It's not that difficult even if you're a 19 year old who is the talk of the damn city, just get away.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Like a fellow poster just told me: Camarohead is just down the street--does he not keep up with what's going on over there?