Urban

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 183

Urban

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Was obvious this would happen after the season if not sooner if you watched the OSU/UM game.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -rose-bowl

I will see him coach his last game and I would not be at all shocked if the line goes up a point or two with this announcement.

Like him or not, the man was really damn good at what he did. I hope he goes out a winner.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Urban

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Bye
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

See you in 2020 on USC’s sideline.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Wish he'd stay retired.

I won't miss him.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Gutter wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 am I hope he goes out a winner.
Gross.

Bye Felicia.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gutter wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 am I hope he goes out a winner.
FOH with that crap

Deleted User 183

I'll have no problem if Washington wins but am in the minority in that I like Urban - or at least respect his coaching ability.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Gutter wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 am I'll have no problem if Washington wins but am in the minority in that I like Urban - or at least respect his coaching ability.
Aren’t you the same guy that this past weekend excoriated almost everyone on here for rooting for LaGerald Vick?

Other than the Penn State fiasco, there is probably no better representation than Urban Meyer of how we place way too much importance on winning. Winning at all costs.

If this is the last we see of him, the last thing I’ll hope for him is another win.

Vick’s jump shot, Meyer’s coaching ability, sports do weird things to fans.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'll reserve judgment on this for about 42 months.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:15 am
Gutter wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 am I'll have no problem if Washington wins but am in the minority in that I like Urban - or at least respect his coaching ability.
Aren’t you the same guy that this past weekend excoriated almost everyone on here for rooting for LaGerald Vick?

Other than the Penn State fiasco, there is probably no better representation than Urban Meyer of how we place way too much importance on winning. Winning at all costs.

If this is the last we see of him, the last thing I’ll hope for him is another win.

Yeah, but that's different.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Gutter doesn't respect Vick's jumper.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 183

Yes, I am that guy. Wouldn't say I "excoriated" people but I did question how they morally felt about it and expressed my feelings. I feel I would be an even bigger asshole than I already am if I completely ignored the alleged Vick situation and how Self handled it.

Smith is a piece of shit and I suppose you could say Meyer was an enabler and denier. Unforgivable.
Now tell me how you feel about Bill Self if what was alleged happened with Vick truly happened.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think the point is that there should be some consistency in the extent to which one thinks it should be sports' job to police/enforce issues of conduct, ethics and morality.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am

Yes, I am that guy. Wouldn't say I "excoriated" people but I did question how they morally felt about it and expressed my feelings. I feel I would be an even bigger asshole than I already am if I completely ignored the alleged Vick situation and how Self handled it.

Smith is a piece of shit and I suppose you could say Meyer was an enabler and denier. Unforgivable.
Now tell me how you feel about Bill Self if what was alleged happened with Vick truly happened.
Translation: It doesn't make me feel better about myself to point out other schools' issues, only KU's. Self-flagellation helps my self-esteem.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:57 am See you in 2020 on USC’s sideline.
I wonder how he feels about Wisconsin winters?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Weird guy.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 183

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:53 am
Gutter wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am

Translation: It doesn't make me feel better about myself to point out other schools' issues, only KU's. Self-flagellation helps my self-esteem.
Ok, so going forward while people such as yourself feel I pretend no other school has issues and that I ignore their issues, I should also pretend KU is without any issues and Bill Self, our coaching staff, our players, our boosters, and our fans, are all fucking saints - and I should only point out other school's issues from now on. Is that the request I am supposed to be taking the hint on?
Or is it ok for me to point out KU's issues if I point out other school's issues as well?
Here is my bottom line. I do care about other school's issues but I really don't care as much about other school's issues as much as I care about KU's.
Go ahead and sue me for it.

Getting back to Meyer.......
I admit I should have thought about, realized and not ignored, that he's been a scumbag and a piece of shit in terms of the Smith situation. Like I said in an earlier post, "unforgivable".
Perhaps after giving it some thought maybe I hope he loses in the Rose Bowl (despite my past allegiance to Ohio State and those I know who are rooting for OSU) and it will be just fine if I never hear about him again until he dies.
Cool! Hopefully that helps in that I am conforming to the people who have posted on this thread and reminded me that Meyer isn't exactly the best of people.
It's all good now. Carry on.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I might remember Meyer more for vetting Hernandez to Belichick, plus all the other felons he turned a blind eye to.

And, yes, I’ve stated several times that there are multiple KU athletes that I would have cut and Self didn’t.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Well, bye.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:25 am I might remember Meyer more for vetting Hernandez to Belichick, plus all the other felons he turned a blind eye to.

And, yes, I’ve stated several times that there are multiple KU athletes that I would have cut and Self didn’t.
CnB's real name is Laura Bauer?