Recruiting 2019

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by holidaysmore »

Justin Ford is announcing today. Good chance with him. Agbaw is as well. I believe he is coming here. Dontye could make his commitment to here official today as well.

Not sure on Jax and Garber. I understand that they want to play together and KSU is offering Jax a full ride while KU would only do a preferred walk on or gray shirt. Maybe that changes now that Cole has decommitted.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:19 am That'd mean we got over half our class filled out before the early signing period, which would be impressive given that Miles was hired a month ago.
It really is considering we are now at 0 Beaty recruits after only starting with a class of one.

That said, none of the commits blow you away as prospects and it's already clear we're going to have to go JuCo. But, I don't think a rational fan could have expected much better given the limited time.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:04 am Maybe that changes now that Cole has decommitted.
My thoughts exactly.

You don't want to piss off a legacy family when there is still a kid left.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Didn’t see big boy Caleb Sampson decommit / commit this morning.

Originally committed to Mizzou over Kstate, then Western Kentucky.

https://twitter.com/ChasenScott/status/ ... 7508927489
I am, I said.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

This is a big get. Like Sampson a lot.

Miles going a bit heavy on JUCO, which he doesn't have much choice for having 3 weeks to recruit these guys.

I'm sure he'll sign close to 8 or so tomorrow, and then the remaining guys will be HS guys in February if I had a guess.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Your breakdown makes sense. And, I certainly hope that is the case. JuCo's are fine in that you are probably better immediately but the replenishing will just take that much longer.

JuCo WR was a need both for roster quantity and scheme purposes. JuCo CB is fine b/c no school has any problem recruiting DB's. JuCo DE doesn't feel like a need at all. JuCo DT is a need, so would have rather that scholly go there.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

If we're switching to 3 downlinemen, is it possible that personnel-wise we don't have the right types of DEs...or some of them become LBs and there is a need at DEs more suitable for a 3-4?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah that's all speculation at this point, but that seems to be what Eliot has run so far at his previous stops.

Will be exciting to see Kamara, Feaster and others in that speed rusher 3-4 OLB role.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Bigger CB just committed to KU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Ford-84790/

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Damn, I am liking where KUFB is at this early point!
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Good get on Ford. Missed out on Dontye, who committed to Vandy.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Starks stuck with LSU. But kudos to Miles and Co for even giving it a run.

Garber and Dineen sign today at Free State. Will be interesting to see what they do. My guess is they sign with kstate. Which would stink considering the Dineen family at KU, but if they are offering him a scholarship and KU isn't, then it's not that hard of a decision to make.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Had a feeling that Starks would stick with LSU. Can’t blame him.

Got another 3 star, Malcolm Lee.

My guess is they both go with KSU. You would like to see KU do right by the Dineen family but with a limited amount of scholarships if he didn’t fit with the direction of program you gotta give Miles props for sticking to his plan and not caving.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:45 am My guess is they both go with KSU. You would like to see KU do right by the Dineen family but with a limited amount of scholarships if he didn’t fit with the direction of program you gotta give Miles props for sticking to his plan and not caving.
Situation is similar to Kerry Meier in my eyes. Both older brothers played at kstate, Kerry decided to go to Lawrence instead.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well, the difference is that Kerry was the best one and Jax is the worst one.

The only reason to offer Jax (and we should have) was to keep goodwill with Jet. As well as any grandkids.

As far as a player, though, Jax doesn't project out to much more than a special teams player and goal line formations.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:10 pm Well, the difference is that Kerry was the best one and Jax is the worst one.

The only reason to offer Jax (and we should have) was to keep goodwill with Jet. As well as any grandkids.

As far as a player, though, Jax doesn't project out to much more than a special teams player and goal line formations.
Yeah that’s a good point.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Has just been confirmed by multiple sources on twitter that Dineen and Garber are both signing with kstate.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU just got Steven Parker. A 4-star DE/OLB from the Dallas area. One-time Tech commit. Chose KU over Tech and Nebraska. Could be a big time player in KU's new 3-4 defensive formation.

Big time pickup by Miles and Co.

Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Big Big Get for Miles and Jones...
Last edited by Lonestarjayhawk on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I know behind the 8 ball but:

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Footb ... mRankings/

We see you Old Dominion.