Mahomie

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 89

Re: Mahomie

Post by Deleted User 89 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:10 pm
Geezer wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:02 pm We loose to Pats, Rams and Chargers.
Chiefs 3 losses to those team by a combined 7 points. Whoa..
that's nutz
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

LVCHawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:03 am Last offseason 95% of the fans wanted Sutton gone after several straight years of 2003ish level defense. It's a shame this season may end in a similar fashion, when all they really need is the defense to be somewhat decent. If they don't get a sack or a turnover, they basically give up 5-10 yards a play, with some longer gains mixed in. The opponent almost always has 4 downs to play with.
the penalties on the secondary are what have bothered me all season

officiating was shit last night though, on both sides
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:33 am
LVCHawk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:03 am Last offseason 95% of the fans wanted Sutton gone after several straight years of 2003ish level defense. It's a shame this season may end in a similar fashion, when all they really need is the defense to be somewhat decent. If they don't get a sack or a turnover, they basically give up 5-10 yards a play, with some longer gains mixed in. The opponent almost always has 4 downs to play with.
the penalties on the secondary are what have bothered me all season

officiating was shit last night though, on both sides
The secondary has so many holds and it's definitely frustrating..

What hurt the Chiefs last night was that their offense kind of hit a lull there in the second half. You score 14 points in first quarter, and then only get 14 for the other 3 quarters. That hurt. Wasn't on the playcalling either. Mahomes struggled. The interior OL was awful. They need the starting guards back fast. And when the Chiefs needed a couple of first downs in 4th quarter, they couldn't do it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:32 am
Geezer wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:02 pm We loose to Pats, Rams and Chargers.
that's nutz
And those 3 losses are to teams with a combined record of 31-9. No slouches that they are losing to, good teams.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

What burial ground is Arrowhead built on? What vodoo curse did someone put on this franchise? What goat is associated with this organization?

Kendall Fuller, fractured wrist is having surgery today and is most likely done for the year. Not that I am wishing an injury on anyone but why, why, why, Christmas Santa Claus couldn't that have been Orlando 'Washed Up' Scandrick?
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I woke up feeling much better about the team.

Does the defense still kind of stink? Yes.

But will the offense be that bad again? Probably not.

Chiefs are still in the drivers seat for the 1 seed. Chargers remaining 2 games are tough with Baltimore at home and at Denver. Chiefs have 1 tough game at Seattle and then home against Oakland. I say the Chiefs have the more favorable schedule. And we've seen the Chargers go from having a huge win, to a major let down the next week and Baltimore is a damn good team. Chargers also lost at home to Denver earlier this year..

All that matters right now is that they are in the dance, and I don't think it really matters where they play because Mahomes has proven he can be really good both at home and on the road. Actually better on the road compared to at home. And as he goes, the Chiefs go.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:45 am What burial ground is Arrowhead built on? What vodoo curse did someone put on this franchise? What goat is associated with this organization?

Kendall Fuller, fractured wrist is having surgery today and is most likely done for the year. Not that I am wishing an injury on anyone but why, why, why, Christmas Santa Claus couldn't that have been Orlando 'Washed Up' Scandrick?
Arrowhead Pride has a guy that was on the Chiefs training staff during previous years. He thinks there is a chance that Fuller plays again. Depends on how surgery goes and severity, but could play with club on hand and go from there or just a brace. But mini-bye week definitely helps them. Won't be needed for the next 3 weeks at minimum.

But yeah not good news for now as he's been the most consistent guy on this secondary.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Newton...did you put some dandy in your coffee this morning? What ever you are drinking send it my way in the OP...!

Defense 'kinda stinks' - that defense is a flat out dumpster fire. Chiefs are up 4 and either Watson, Brady, Big Ben or Phil have the ball at the Chiefs 20, under two minutes, and one timeout. Do you think the Chiefs can stop any of those QBs. I sure as hell don't.

I do agree with playing on the road. Home field advantage, at least for the Chiefs is overrated. At this point what is the difference between a home and away game. You can get a tendency to get relaxed playing at home but playing on the road you develop an 'us vs. them' kind of mentality. You factor in the Chiefs home playoffs struggles going on the road to get to ATL may not be the worst thing at all.

I hope, and I mean hope Fuller can come back. Put it in a cast or brace. At least then he can't get called for a holding call.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 am Newton...did you put some dandy in your coffee this morning? What ever you are drinking send it my way in the OP...!

Defense 'kinda stinks' - that defense is a flat out dumpster fire. Chiefs are up 4 and either Watson, Brady, Big Ben or Phil have the ball at the Chiefs 20, under two minutes, and one timeout. Do you think the Chiefs can stop any of those QBs. I sure as hell don't.
Defensive line and pressure has been good. Rivers was hit often last night. Sutton has to change something in the secondary. Because what he has done is not working. But they got pressure constantly without blitzing. But Rivers also had some straight up dimes last night. That throw on 4th and 8 just by Fuller was incredible. The receiver was even with Fuller when Rivers released the ball and Fuller just missed the ball by an inch before it got by him.

Sometimes too, you just get beat by some throws. And Rivers was on it last night.

Brady and Watson don't scare me right now. Big Ben and Rivers do though.

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The offense had the ball. a 7 point lead and 4 minutes left in the game.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Chiefs, according to all the stat nerds, have the highest chance in the AFC to make the Super Bowl.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 am The offense had the ball. a 7 point lead and 4 minutes left in the game.
And interior OL didn't block a soul on first down after a stupid block in the back penalty on the kickoff return. Already put Chiefs in hole, and then not blocking led to be 2nd and 14. Then it got to 3rd and 5 before a false start that made it 3rd and 10 and then Mahomes got sacked on obvious passing down.

That was the worst series for the offense at the worst time.

LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

The offense can win most games, but against a good team the offense won't be on the field much, like last night. The defense routinely lets teams run the clock, which keeps our strength on the sideline.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That is how you beat the Chiefs. Ball control, win on 3rd down and keep Mahomes on the sideline.
If Andy wants to win this thing he is going to have to get aggressive with the offense and stop trusting the defense.
10 days to get right and refocused. Bring on Seattle.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am That is how you beat the Chiefs. Ball control, win on 3rd down and keep Mahomes on the sideline.
If Andy wants to win this thing he is going to have to get aggressive with the offense and stop trusting the defense.
That brings up a good point. The Chiefs had 4th and 3 from the Chargers 42 yard line with 8 minutes to go in 1st half. They were going to receive the ball in the second half. They punted. Chargers ate up 7 minutes of the clock and drove all the way down, and the drive ended in a Rivers INT. But still, weirdly conservative and showed that he didn't have faith in his offense to get 3 yards.

Granted, the Chiefs scored on first possession of 2nd half to go up 14, but with a drive there to go up 14 before half and a stop by the defense and then KC gets the ball first in the second half, they could have been up 21.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Moot point now. But a former NFL official said Chargers should have been flagged for storming the field after the 2 point conversion. That means the Chargers would have kicked off from own 20. Chiefs maybe get the ball at the 45 or so and Mahomes has one last chance to throw a bomb.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am
holidaysmore wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am That is how you beat the Chiefs. Ball control, win on 3rd down and keep Mahomes on the sideline.
That brings up a good point. The Chiefs had 4th and 3 from the Chargers 42 yard line with 8 minutes to go in 1st half. They were going to receive the ball in the second half. They punted. Chargers ate up 7 minutes of the clock and drove all the way down, and the drive ended in a Rivers INT. But still, weirdly conservative and showed that he didn't have faith in his offense to get 3 yards.

Granted, the Chiefs scored on first possession of 2nd half to go up 14, but with a drive there to go up 14 before half and a stop by the defense and then KC gets the ball first in the second half, they could have been up 21.
this is among the reasons I don't pay attention to the NFL more. (many of the others involve all the shady bullshit, but at least this one regards actual game play). The general play calling tends to be so conservative. Woo another punt! Yawn.

Also game play wise, it sucks that a in 60 minute game that in reality takes 3-4+ hours, there's only like a cumulative 8 minutes of actual plays, many of which are - you guessed it! - another punt.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am

I think Reid’s biggest weakness is his tendency to return to chicken shit offense when he has a two score lead. We saw that in full affect last night. Definitely should have gone for it on that 4th down.

I think this weakness is worse than his clock management because it affects more of the game /season
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:42 am

that's nutz
And those 3 losses are to teams with a combined record of 31-9. No slouches that they are losing to, good teams.
AKA all the teams they will face in the playoffs. 3-3 against likely playoff teams. A coin flip. Looks to be headed towards yet another really exciting start to a season that finishes in a sputter.

Hunt gone. Fuller out. OL beat up. I think we peaked in early November.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:50 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:42 am

that's nutz
AKA all the teams they will face in the playoffs. 3-3 against likely playoff teams. A coin flip. Looks to be headed towards yet another really exciting start to a season that finishes in a sputter.

Hunt gone. Fuller out. OL beat up. I think we peaked in early November.
But also by a COMBINED 7 POINTS. Never a blowout yet like Rams, Saints, Pats and Chargers have all had. Lost one game at home all year so far.

Chiefs are in fine shape. Every team has a flaw. But Mahomes and offense will help cover a lot of issues come playoff time. The Williams duo has been just fine replacing Hunt.