Mahomie

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Mahomie

Post by pdub »

Schedule doesn’t lighten up with the Jags, the Pats and the Bengals up next.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The swap and flip pass to Hill was magic.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Is “showtime” something KC and fans came up with or is ESPN trying to create his nickname fir him?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Seems like ESPN to me. I wish they would loose it.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Ok, I admit, Mahomes is legit
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

^^^
that shit is difficult to do with any sort of accuracy
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:26 pm Schedule doesn’t lighten up with the Jags, the Pats and the Bengals up next.
Right, at home against a Fournettless Jags team. I'll take the Chiefs and so will Vegas.
Chiefs > Tits and for one game the Tits > Jags. This will be the Jags team that lost to the Tits.
Not the Jags team that beat the (now .500) Pats.

Right, at New England on a Sunday night. Watch Brady get injured against the Colts and then the Chiefs will be golden.
I know this is a better Pats team than the one that lost to the Lions but if for one game they are the same team that lost to the Lions - Chiefs win by plenty.

Right, at home against a Bengals team that very well my be 5-1 (or 4-2, or 3-3) but still has Marv Lewis as their Head Coach. All the Chiefs have to do is somehow convince Marv this is a post season game.

How's that for Mrs. Gutter being a glass 3/4 full kind of chick?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jags are a top 5 team in the NFL.
They don't need a gimpy and overrated Fournette - they just need the best defense in the league.
New England has the GOAT and they always have an early season swoon ( remember the opener last season ) plus they get Edelman back.
Bengals just went on the road and beat the Falcons.

Like I said, schedule doesn't lighten up.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

With the Chiefs defense any game could be a lose but with Mahomes any game is now winnable. If you are a Chiefs fan buckle up and enjoy the ride.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I predicted before the season that the Chiefs will likely be 2-4 in the first 6 weeks. Well now the worst they can do is 4-2, and I think they'll be 5-1 by the end of this brutal stretch with Jax at home and at NE.

Mahomes is incredible. He didn't have it for 3 quarters, then he had it for the 4th. Just incredible. I knew once he had that pass on 2nd and 30 that went for 26 yards, that the Chiefs were going to score some way by either FG or TD. I have that confidence in him now.

Defense made plays when they had to. The Denver offense only averaged 35 yards a drive in the 2nd half. That was including an 80 yard drive for a TD. The holding them to a FG and the 3 and out after the first TD was huge.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Broncos should have kept running it and not given it to their overpaid QB.
I like Keenum - but don't like the Broncos - so it's good to see them continue to struggle at the QB spot.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:26 am Jags are a top 5 team in the NFL.
They don't need a gimpy and overrated Fournette - they just need the best defense in the league.
New England has the GOAT and they always have an early season swoon ( remember the opener last season ) plus they get Edelman back.

wait wait wait, so Michael Jordan plays for the Pats now too?!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Jags are good. Their offense stinks though, big time.

Wouldn't take the Falcons win as a huge sign of success for Bengals, Falcons have lost like 5 starters to season ending injuries, and Matt Ryan isn't close to the same guy that he was 2 years ago. But the Bengals even then, have been better.

The schedule does lighten up compared to these first 4 weeks though. Yes, still tough games against Jags, Pats, Rams and even Bengals. But also have Raiders twice, Browns, Seahawks, and Cardinals along with Broncos and Chargers playing their return game at Arrowhead. The Chiefs have a great chance to go 11-5 or 12-4. Even with crummy defense, they'll still be really dang good.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jacksonville sits 14th in total offense.
They scored 31 on the Pats.
I get that Bortles has some serious flaws but I wouldn't say they stink.

Matt Ryan has thrown for 1,300 yards and 10 TDs.
He is 5th ( no it's not a useless stat - spare me the commentary ) in QBR.
He's been one of the better QBs this season.

I'd favor us in the Jags game and certainly the Bengals game b/c they are at Arrowhead but those 3 teams are winning teams or have the GOAT on them. At this point, with the Steelers in shambles, i'd put the Jags, Bengals and Pats above any of the four teams we've faced so far.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

True, but the toughest games so far have been on the road. Only home game they charged out to a huge lead and then coasted for the rest of the game. Chiefs still have 7 home games. 3 of those in December, which they are really good in.

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

There was no way Mahomes was going to live up to the hype from this terrible ESPN crew. And yet he did.

I'm a believer. If anything else, he makes the game exciting.

Now, as for MNF:

1. Lose Hank Jr.
2. Tell Witten to step back a bit - looks like a Space Invader.
3. Need about half of Booger. Doesn't add that much - and half of what he does add is dumb. His comment about "nobody giving Denver a chance in this game" was pure meat-head idiocy. Seriously? A 2-1 team at home = nobody gives them a chance?
4. Stop showing the fans. We get it - face painters, fans pounding the padded walls. Jesus, give us something new.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Jags might be a top 5 team but that's like saying I am a top 5 poster on this site.
The entire NFL pretty much blows nuts. Name 5 very good teams right now.
The only other dare I even say great NFL team besides the Chiefs is/are the Rams.
They have the best defense in the league? Respectfully disagree. Look who they have played against. 75% of the NFL teams would have had equal defensive success.

Pats - GOAT or no GOAT, Edleman or no Edelman, Gronk or no Gronk, the Pats are .500 right now. They lost to the Lions by 16. Enough said.

Bengals - Beat the Birds on the road. The injury depleted 1-3 Falcons? Fantastic.

How's that for trying to be a glass 3/4 full kind of woman?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The fact that you think the entire NFL blows nuts doesn't have anything to do with the teams I have mentioned and the difficulty they pose to the Chiefs compared to other teams in the NFL.

Whether you rate the NFL a 1 out of 10 in terms of relative strength or 10 out of 10, within that score are good teams and bad teams and the three teams that are up next are top 10 teams in the NFL right now.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.