Mahomie

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Mahomie

Post by holidaysmore »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 pm Doesn’t the team who wins the OT coin toss win the game like a vast majority of the time?

Who wants to watch a good game come down literally to a coin toss?
Since the NFL instituted its new overtime rules, there have been 87 overtime games. Five have been ties, and the team to get the ball first has won 45 of the remaining 82. That’s 54.8 percent, meaning simply winning the coin toss makes a team 9.6 percent more likely to win.

This argument came up two years ago when the, guess who, the Pats won the coin toss in OT against the Falcons and then we all know what happened next.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Berry would retire or restructure, I’d like a run at Tyrann Matthieu.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Berry needs to get surgery and start rehab. I have zero idea what the recovery is but hopefully have him at 100% for the start of training camp.

Chiefs need a #1 corner. Go get one in the draft, trade or FA. I’m okay with resigning Nelson to a intermediate deal and have him play the slot or be a nickel corner. Then you have Fuller and Ward. Safeties you have Watts, Sorensen, Murray, Lucas and EB. I doubt they carry that many safeties so one of them has to go if you want to make a run at Earl Thomas or Mathieu. That also depends on the new DC and what he prefers style wise.

Also have to figure out what you have in Rags. I believe that Hitch will be better in a different scheme.

Franchise Ford, resign Jones, restructure Houston, and keep developing Nnadi, Speaks and Williams. I would also like to keep Allen Bailey.

I also have the feeling that veterans are going to want to play in KC for a chance to get a ring.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man guys. I had to stay away a few days. Been sick for the last 4 days and still am.

That game was a heartbreaker. But one that I feel good about. Chiefs had nothing going in first half. And then scored 31 points on 32 plays in the second half and would have won if not for Ford offsides.

Mahomes is going to be damn good for many years. He got beat up on Sunday, and still was dropping dimes in that second half. Impressive going guy.

As far as offseason goes...

Berry will probably have surgery and might restructure contract. He cares too much about the city and the franchise not too, IMO.

Houston will either be asked to restructure or he’ll be a cut. 21M is too much of a cap hit for his production.
Need to get one more really good corner. Can get that in the draft.

4 picks in the top 100 of the draft. Will have plenty of options to choose from in those 4 picks to build defense.

Chiefs need a second TE who is reliable. That’s where Reid is really good when he can use multiple TE as mismatches on the field.

They’ll likely extend Jones and Hill and tag Ford (who will then be traded)

Glad Sutton got let go. Hate that someone loses their job. But that soft cover 2 man defense with average corners was frustrating to watch. And chiefs made decision after talking with players and coaches. That shows how much they were all frustrated. I’d be ok with Kris Richard or Rex Ryan. Aggressive type of coordinators.

And this is a small detail, but I think Colquitt will be released. He’s a 3M cap hit against the team next year, with only a 1M dead cap. He had 45 punts this year, when before this season he averaged about 80 per year. Chiefs just won’t punt as much with Mahomes. I would let him go.

The Chiefs stock is pointed up more than any current AFC team right alongside the Colts and Browns. The Chiefs are going to be around in these types of games for a long time with 15 at the helm, and I am pumped about it after watching Elway, then Brady Peyton and Big Ben run the AFC for the last 25 years. Now it’s finally KCs turn.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rivers and the Chargers are going to still be in it for a while ( 2-3 years ) but you've got to think the Chiefs can at worst go 10-6 year in year out with Mahomes at the helm.
I'm not sure Denver finds their QB with Elway.
I thought Gruden would do well with the Raiders, I'm still on the fence because he's building his team now, but it's looking more and more like a disaster.

Mahomes is still young - and he should get better which is a tough bar to set after an MVP type season.
Just really need Tom Brady to retire.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I would bet that the Chiefs open next season as heavy AFC favorites.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I would think so Fish but Bovada has/had the Chargers > Chiefs.
Which at this moment is pretty much as worthless as tits on a bull.
Need to sit back and see what changes are made for all teams.
We all know with a healthy squad the Chiefs are as good if not better than all the teams in the league and my guess is the team only gets better in terms of personnel.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would bet on the Chiefs.
Chargers got fortunate in the game at Arrowhead and even then, that wasn't enough for them to win the AFC West.
Chiefs defense can only get better.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ya, I don't understand Chargers over Chiefs. Rivers won't play better than he did this season. Mahomes's numbers won't be as good, but he'll be better from a non-statistical standpoint.
shindig

Post by shindig »

If it wasn't so freaking cold out I would take my Chiefs flag down and put up my new KU game day flag. I think Sunday is supposed to be in the low 40's.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Steve Spagnuolo.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Very different scheme than Sutton.
4-3, heavy blitz.
Had some great defenses and also some terrible defenses.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Heavy blitzing would be nice. They will get burnt from time to time, but it should get the ball back to the offense quicker either way. Hopefully no more 8 min drives by the other team.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

LVCHawk wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 am Heavy blitzing would be nice. They will get burnt from time to time, but it should get the ball back to the offense quicker either way. Hopefully no more 8 min drives by the other team.
I think you have to go full risk/reward. The fireable offense from the Patriots game was just giving up 8-yard chunk after 8-yard chunk, when it was nakedly obvious that the Patriots had no interest whatsoever in Brady putting the ball in the air for long distances.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Gutter wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:41 am I would think so Fish but Bovada has/had the Chargers > Chiefs.
Which at this moment is pretty much as worthless as tits on a bull.
Need to sit back and see what changes are made for all teams.
We all know with a healthy squad the Chiefs are as good if not better than all the teams in the league and my guess is the team only gets better in terms of personnel.
I was thinking about my post while clicking "submit" - I do mean to peg my prediction to the start of the season (by which point I think the defensive staff and personnel will have been improved).
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Blitz and 4-3 I love it. Stop the run. Get turnovers. If you get burned ah well at least Mahomes gets the ball faster.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:05 pm
LVCHawk wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:33 am Heavy blitzing would be nice. They will get burnt from time to time, but it should get the ball back to the offense quicker either way. Hopefully no more 8 min drives by the other team.
I think you have to go full risk/reward. The fireable offense from the Patriots game was just giving up 8-yard chunk after 8-yard chunk, when it was nakedly obvious that the Patriots had no interest whatsoever in Brady putting the ball in the air for long distances.
Yeah thats what sucked all year. Usually one of 3 things happened. 1.) We sacked the QB. 2.) Forced a turnover 3.) Gave up 4-8 yards every single play, which is demoralizing
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Right, and the thing that's so frustrating is that for a lot of reasons (Brady's immobility; Brady's declining arm strength; the Patriots' lack of downfield threats; the Chiefs' clear sole defensive strength being the pass rush; the Chiefs' clear inability to stop the run game or the pass game to running backs; the need to minimize the number of Mahomes' possessions), the Patriots' exact gameplan was blindingly predictable.

And yet the Chiefs had no answer.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Presented only for purposes if there were any hard feelings about Sutton being canned.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/ ... 0549378048

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/ ... 1227402242
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Billy played Sutton like a fiddle all night. Wasn't even funny. I can't even think of a way that anyone could defend keeping Sutton in any sort of capacity.

Amazingly, despite all of that the Chiefs had the game won.
Holidaysmore - 2005