Mahomie

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Mahomie

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Amazing what happens when the Chiefs actually have a QB that they can build around.

No Matt Cassell, Kyle Orton, Damon Huard, Alex Smith (Bit of a lowblow because he's OK) or Elvis Grbac.

The Chiefs have an MVP at QB. On a cheap rookie deal. And some really good pieces to build around. Oh and they have 4 picks in the first 100 picks of this year's draft. And at least 3 of those will probably be on defense.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I hate NE but i'd take them at 8/1.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Safe bet and after this year how can you bet against Old England.

Interesting off season for the Pats. Gronk and McCourtey might decide to retire. While TB looks good in spots you can see that overall his game is declining. His mind is probably sharper than ever but the physical plays he use to make are lacking. He was six inches from finishing his season with three INTs and a sub 60 passer rating. We say it every year but eventually father time will catch up to him.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Personnel like that doesn't matter as long as Tom is still playing and Gargamel is still coaching.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, until NE loses either BB or Brady, I'd take them over any other team when betting futures.

I do think that it will only be about 2 more years with the current HC/QB combo for them. Gronk will likely retire after this year. I think Gisele will want Brady to be done once he gets hit hard a few times. But he was actually pretty bad the last couple of games. Both wins though because of their power run game behind Gronk and Develin.

But like the direction the Chiefs are headed. It's going to be KC/NE battles over the next few years. And then after NE dissolves a bit, it'll be KC/Indy battling it out every year in AFC.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:43 am I hate NE but i'd take them at 8/1.
I might go out that way for Chiefs @ Pats to open 2019.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How would it be fair that New England gets to host the Chiefs two seasons in a row?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:23 am How would it be fair that New England gets to host the Chiefs two seasons in a row?
Two things:

1. Believe it or not, it's within the boundaries of the scheduling principles that apply across the league; and

2. LOL "fair".
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

True dat.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:27 am
pdub wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:23 am How would it be fair that New England gets to host the Chiefs two seasons in a row?
Two things:

1. Believe it or not, it's within the boundaries of the scheduling principles that apply across the league; and

2. LOL "fair".
Such a weird scheduling quirk. KC visiting NE 3 years in a row. But I would imagine that KC opens there again this upcoming year. It's either going to be KC @ NE, or GB/CHI for the 100th year anniversary of NFL.

Chiefs opponents for 2019:
Home: LAC, Den, Raiders, Texans, Colts, Packers, Vikings and Ravens
Away: LAC, Den, Raiders, Jags, Titans, Bears, Lions, Pats

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:55 am
Two things:

2. LOL "fair".
Such a weird scheduling quirk. KC visiting NE 3 years in a row. But I would imagine that KC opens there again this upcoming year. It's either going to be KC @ NE, or GB/CHI for the 100th year anniversary of NFL.

Home: LAC W, Den W, Raiders W, Texans W, Colts W, Packers W, Vikings W and Ravens L
Away: LAC W, Den W, Raiders W, Jags W, Titans W, Bears L, Lions W, Pats L
Never too early!

W L
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

13-3 AFC Champ game at Arrowhead - set it up!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:10 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:55 am

Two things:

2. LOL "fair".

Home: LAC W, Den W, Raiders W, Texans W, Colts W, Packers W, Vikings W and Ravens L
Away: LAC W, Den W, Raiders W, Jags W, Titans W, Bears L, Lions W, Pats L
Never too early!

W L
I like it. Pretty accurate too. Think the home schedule is favorable with Texans and Colts in Arrowhead.

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

As close to zero chance as possible that a semi healthy Chiefs team loses to a semi healthy (or unhealthy) Bears team. Unless perhaps the Bears sign KUnt.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Speaking of Hunt...Veach was on a local media conference call and addressed some rather interesting topics....

1. Sounds like the team drafted guys who were versatile meaning the ‘writing’ on the wall might have already been out for old man Sutton.
2. EB is being evaluated and when that information is available Red will let everyone know.
3. The most interesting to me is...Veach did not rule out a return for Hunt to the Chiefs. Hard to type to explain but if you read the transcript he doesn’t have a hard and fast ruling on it like Clark did.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:19 am Speaking of Hunt...Veach was on a local media conference call and addressed some rather interesting topics....

1. Sounds like the team drafted guys who were versatile meaning the ‘writing’ on the wall might have already been out for old man Sutton.
2. EB is being evaluated and when that information is available Red will let everyone know.
3. The most interesting to me is...Veach did not rule out a return for Hunt to the Chiefs. Hard to type to explain but if you read the transcript he doesn’t have a hard and fast ruling on it like Clark did.
Yeah his call was interesting. But I did have a feeling that when they drafted Speaks and KPass as OLB/DE, that they would be better fits as 4-3 DE than 3-4 OLB.

In my eyes, there is a 95% chance that Hunt never returns to KC. But Veach's call made that 5% window happen.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:19 am Speaking of Hunt...Veach was on a local media conference call and addressed some rather interesting topics....

I hope the Chiefs aren't serious about banning Mahomes from playing pickup basketball. That's just the wrong way to go about this.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:34 am

I hope the Chiefs aren't serious about banning Mahomes from playing pickup basketball. That's just the wrong way to go about this.
I think it was half-joking, half-serious. He'll still play. He'll just be more careful in regards to not having a lot of cameras out or whatever. He'll be more private about it.

Richard Sherman mentioned something that unless it is his contract to not play basketball or whatever, he'll likely keep playing because so many players play pickup games in the offseason..

But to the Chiefs point about being probably serious about it. The top QBs in the NFL don't seem to do much in the offseason in regards to athletics besides playing golf.