Site Admin

Re: Mahomie

Post by pdub »

Chiefs cant have nice things.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Hunt and Hill.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Brady was on cover last year. So it’s all good.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

You guys want Trubisky for him?
Fucking Ryan Pace should lose his job based on that alone.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Every Chiefs fan should send a letter/email to Ryan Pace (Bears GM) thanking him for being a fucking dumbass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He's the best QB in the NFL. And will be the best QB in the NFL for the next 15 years.

He showed that last night. Everything was going bad. Then one play got it going.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Where's the satisfied line at now? Five appearances, three trophies?

That even seems a bit light!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man, a lot depends on what he does for his next contract. If he gets $40M+, it will be tough. If he gets, say, $35M and saves some money for other players to come on board, then it could be more of a certainty.

But yeah as of right now, I think 5 appearances and 2-3 trophies is something that is attainable.

That would be an appearance on average every 3 years. And you get a trophy every now and then, would be nice.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:00 am Man, a lot depends on what he does for his next contract. If he gets $40M+, it will be tough. If he gets, say, $35M and saves some money for other players to come on board, then it could be more of a certainty.

But yeah as of right now, I think 5 appearances and 2-3 trophies is something that is attainable.

That would be an appearance on average every 3 years. And you get a trophy every now and then, would be nice.
Maybe the next contract. He deserves at least one fuck-you-money contract. And whatever it pays, it's still not enough.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Agreed. And maybe the best time is to take it now, while he's still young and can do things other QBs can't.

That way, when he gets older, he can take less money to make the talent around him better.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Chiefs fan: hates Brady but wants their QB to emulate him.

Go get half a billion Pat, you’re worth 2x that much.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Kansas City has our version of Jordan/Brady, it's pretty unreal. He most likely does not pass Brady in titles, but when I say Jordan/Brady, the dude is just completely clutch like those 2 were/are. Even when he was somewhat rattled last night he still came back and made it happen.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:08 am Chiefs fan: hates Brady but wants their QB to emulate him.

Go get half a billion Pat, you’re worth 2x that much.
Here's something I'm curious to know - I know that AAV is what matters for cap purposes (i.e., if you sign him 5/200 guaranteed and pay him like 50-50-40-30-30, that's smoothed out to be $40mm/year for cap purposes).

What I don't know is the result if that 5-year deal was actually a 2-year deal with the next part being an option either side can opt into.

Can you frontload (or backload) that way, and have it count that way for cap purposes?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think possible in nba, but I doubt in nfl.

I think Mahomes, et al. are going to have so much leverage that the union will get some sort of cap shift worked out.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah. And good thing for Chiefs as well that the NFL will increase the cap every year as revenues continue to rise.

And speaking of NFL and revenue. I felt like the last couple of years, the NFL kind of had some critical and dire times. Things didn't look good for a while. People said NFL/Football might die off within the next 50 years. I thought that this year was the best NFL year in quite a while. Not much controversy, not much stuff about officials and flags and all that and the product on the field was good all year.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:00 am Man, a lot depends on what he does for his next contract. If he gets $40M+, it will be tough. If he gets, say, $35M and saves some money for other players to come on board, then it could be more of a certainty.
It's all about whether he wants the money that can go to other pieces that will help him win more titles.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:22 am I think possible in nba, but I doubt in nfl.

I think Mahomes, et al. are going to have so much leverage that the union will get some sort of cap shift worked out.
I think they'll successfully negotiate for a bigger piece of the pie, but the cap itself is pretty central to the competitiveness of the league. If you were to do something like give every team a designated player slot, you introduce some problems. Maybe players you draft or signed prior to them playing in a certain number of games should be "discounted" for cap purposes, like only 80% of their contract applies to the cap.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:31 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:22 am I think possible in nba, but I doubt in nfl.

I think they'll successfully negotiate for a bigger piece of the pie, but the cap itself is pretty central to the competitiveness of the league. If you were to do something like give every team a designated player slot, you introduce some problems. Maybe players you draft or signed prior to them playing in a certain number of games should be "discounted" for cap purposes, like only 80% of their contract applies to the cap.
We’re only like a year or two away from having 15+ QB’s making $30m/year. Something has to be done.