Mahomie

Kansas Football.
Geezer

Re: Mahomie

Post by Geezer »

Offense couldn't close it.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Call for a fair catch. Take the ball at the 25 and make yardage to win. The defense has to rely on refs not making the game up as they go along.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Omg we don’t have one of our top WRs and two of our top RBs.

Well, neither do we Rivers.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Pretty good season for a rebuilding year. This team is not going far in the post season.

Hopefully, we can put a defense together next year. This could be an incredible team.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

And the call on Sorenson did change the game. This should have 31-22 or some such.
Jakehawk

Post by Jakehawk »

A hard fought loss hurts, but we're still in first place, and we can definitely improve. The pass rush was awesome. Honestly the offense was still not at their best. If we would have been Chargers wouldn't have been in this game.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 pm Call for a fair catch. Take the ball at the 25 and make yardage to win. The defense has to rely on refs not making the game up as they go along.
Rule doesn’t apply in NFL.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

Geezer wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 pm Offense couldn't close it.
True, but I wouldn’t really put this game on the offense. There are going to be nights when you NEED your defense step up and we don’t have a defense that can do that. Why does Sutton still have a job??
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I would argue that the Chargers controlled that game after it is was 14-0 and they scored to cut it in half. You never felt like the Chiefs could make a stop when they needed too. Chargers knew to keep it one score and play ball control offense. That is the blueprint to beat this team.

My ENTIRE outlook has changed on this team. You play teams like Pittsburgh, NE, and LA and this is the type of game you are going to see. I wanted to believe that Mahomes could make the difference but this defense is going to cost this team a chance to win a SB.

I also wonder why EB only played in the first half. His snap count should have been in the second half.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hate Rivers. The Chiefs dropped two more interceptions too. Sigh.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:46 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 pm Call for a fair catch. Take the ball at the 25 and make yardage to win. The defense has to rely on refs not making the game up as they go along.
Rule doesn’t apply in NFL.
Would have sworn it did. And it does inside the 25 is a touchback
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:47 pm Hate Rivers. The Chiefs dropped two more interceptions too. Sigh.
Sutton is bad but the secondary coach is even worse. Nelson is okay but trying to parade Parker, Dan, and Scandrick as your secondary is a criminal offense. I don't believe I have ever seen worse safety play ever.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The game rested on some long conversions that gashed the zone. But too conservative a game plan kills. Maybe Reid has this out of his system. But probably not.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Sutton has garbage playing DB. He didn't sign them.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

We loose to Pats, Rams and Chargers.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Too many three/four & outs tonight
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:51 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:47 pm Hate Rivers. The Chiefs dropped two more interceptions too. Sigh.
Sutton is bad but the secondary coach is even worse. Nelson is okay but trying to parade Parker, Dan, and Scandrick as your secondary is a criminal offense. I don't believe I have ever seen worse safety play ever.
Honestly, IMO, it seems to take an exceptional QB to break our "bend" defense.

We only face 1 "pretty damn good"QB from here to the playoffs.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Geezer wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:02 pm We loose to Pats, Rams and Chargers.
Chiefs 3 losses to those team by a combined 7 points. Whoa..
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I can't see the Chiefs winning in Seattle.
They're too hot right now - they have a running game that'll keep Mahomes off the field - and their defense at this point is as good as Baltimore's.
We'll need the Chargers to drop @ Denver.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Last offseason 95% of the fans wanted Sutton gone after several straight years of 2003ish level defense. It's a shame this season may end in a similar fashion, when all they really need is the defense to be somewhat decent. If they don't get a sack or a turnover, they basically give up 5-10 yards a play, with some longer gains mixed in. The opponent almost always has 4 downs to play with.