Kansas Football.
Soklous

Facility Upgrades

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Facility Upgrades

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That’s a sharp facility. Within steps of the football complex is a huge bonus too.

Really like the direction KU is going with the facilities, Miles and the talent on the team.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

KU and Northwestern fan here. Going to chime in. I'm all for any and all improvements at KU but if you're going to do it and spend money - do it right.
For example, McCarthy is great. "New indoor", not so much.
OK, so KU spent a lot less on the indoor facility than what Northwestern spent on their's but come on.
If I'm a recruit Northwestern's facility is going to impress me. KU's not so much.
I'll add one thing. It's a positive. At least Memorial is going be and look nicer than Ryan/Dyche - Northwestern's Football Stadium.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gutter wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:49 am KU and Northwestern fan here. Going to chime in. I'm all for any and all improvements at KU but if you're going to do it and spend money - do it right.
OK, so KU spent a lot less on the indoor facility than what Northwestern spent on their's but come on.
If I'm a recruit Northwestern's facility is going to impress me. KU's not so much.
I'll add one thing. It's a positive. At least Memorial is going be and look nicer than Ryan/Dyche - Northwestern's Football Stadium.
If KU had a Great Lake next to their facility and plenty of room, I'd bet they do the same thing.

But instead, due to limited campus space, they had an option of really only taking out a parking lot to make it work. They weren't going to move the football operations away from Anderson after just 10 years of being in that building. So they had to do something close to that building.

Northwestern's is everything under one building. Entire football facility into one, which is cool. They had space and a great view to do it with..

KU has an entire different facility than their indoor, but combined, it's really good.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:01 am
Gutter wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:49 am KU and Northwestern fan here. Going to chime in. I'm all for any and all improvements at KU but if you're going to do it and spend money - do it right.
If KU had a Great Lake next to their facility and plenty of room, I'd bet they do the same thing.

But instead, due to limited campus space, they had an option of really only taking out a parking lot to make it work. They weren't going to move the football operations away from Anderson after just 10 years of being in that building. So they had to do something close to that building.

Northwestern's is everything under one building. Entire football facility into one, which is cool. They had space and a great view to do it with..

KU has an entire different facility than their indoor, but combined, it's really good.
Not to mention the Northwestern facility building is used by multiple sporting teams. It's gorgeous but it's also nowhere near the football stadium. It is gorgeous, though.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Hey cool! I can see my Schaefer beer can pyramid in the window of my JRP dorm room!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That poor Triangle Frat.
Always felt bad for em.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

JRP rules!
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:24 pm JRP rules!
I lived there for 2 years. It's an office building now. At least they didnt implode it like they did McCollum
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

Please start fixing that wretched stadium. It's an embarrassment. I took as ISU friend there this fall and had to apologize for how dilapidated it looks. No wonder, the original stands are now 99 years old! And underneath they look older than that!
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawk73 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:50 am Please start fixing that wretched stadium. It's an embarrassment. I took as ISU friend there this fall and had to apologize for how dilapidated it looks. No wonder, the original stands are now 99 years old! And underneath they look older than that!
I think it’ll start being fixed within 4-5 years. I think Long kind of wanted to hit the breaks on the first stadium plans that Zenger had. But now that they have the indoor facility, a head coach with a National championship and increased season ticket sales, I’d imagine the ball getsnrolling pretty soon.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i've always been of the opinion that you gotta get the on-field product improved to get butts in the stands, which will then translate to more support for better stands

cart before horse and all that
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I agree Tradition.
Let's make it to a bowl game ( any bowl game ) and then we can talk.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yes this is very true. I do think Miles will get KU there pretty quick. His staff is recruiting like crazy.

The on-field talent now is the best that it has been in many years.

Facilities like Anderson and the Indoor complex are signs that KU wants to keep improving the facilities and program health in general. Stadium is last, but biggest task of them all.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://kuathletics.com/galleries/?gallery=7378

Players got first look at completed indoor facility. Done just in time for finishing winter workouts and spring ball. Looks sharp.

noosh

Post by noosh »

These are fine for us but you ain't wooing any recruits that are actually going to turn this thing around with that warehouse.