Kareem Hunt to Browns

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 141

Kareem Hunt to Browns

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Ridiculous.

On many levels, imo. If he was a marginal talent, would he be given another opportunity, or would the risk not be worth the possible return.

The NFL is a big, successful business. I have seen my own interest go down significantly in the league in the last 5 years, which correlates to when I realized sports radio (at least here in Colorado, and on a national radio sense) are about 95% NFL all day everyday. Simply not my cup of tea. I still enjoy baseball in summer, basketball in winter, football in fall, and soccer when matchups are good.

Kapernick can’t get a job at a position that is starved for any kind of talent, but Hunt gets offerred a deal at a position that has seen it's value diminish greatly in last ten years in regards to draft position, salary structure, etc.

Infuriating.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Kareem Hunt to Browns

Post by pdub »

He'll be suspended 10-12 games ( I'm thinking 12 games ).
He wasn't charged.
If he's committed to changing, he deserves a second chance ( and Hunt is on a 1 year prove it deal ).
Deleted User 141

What was Kapernick “charged” of?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:10 am What was Kapernick “charged” of?
Pissing off white 'Merica?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Being average.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:52 am
Being average.
Yeah, while not an All-Pro, he's still a decent QB as of 2016. Career stats of 72 TDs/30 INTs. But yet, Blaine Gabbert, Nathan Peterman, Colt McCoy and many other below average QBs get multiple chances.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Kneeling during the Anthem.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hunt wasn't charged.
Kap wasn't charged.
Kap wasn't good enough to overcome the PR he would bring to the team that signed him.
Hunt was/is ( if you've forgotten, he led the NFL in rushing his rookie year ).
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am
Being average.
Yeah, while not an All-Pro, he's still a decent QB as of 2016. Career stats of 72 TDs/30 INTs. But yet, Blaine Gabbert, Nathan Peterman, Colt McCoy and many other below average QBs get multiple chances.
If Kaepernick was "average" and passer ratings matter - then there are a whole bunch of Hall of Fame QB's who must have been below average.
In terms of passer ratings / Kaep > Marino, Favre, Aikman, Elway, etc. etc. etc.
Never-mind he was a pretty darn good running QB too.
Maybe not a "great" QB but I give him credit for being better than average.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He'd probably be a top 20-25 QB in the league.
Like Mariota'esque. And i'm not even so sure about that now.
Kareem Hunt is a top 5 RB in the league.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Who is the GM of the Browns, and who was the GM when the Chiefs drafted Tyreek Hill?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Leawood wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 am Who is the GM of the Browns, and who was the GM when the Chiefs drafted Tyreek Hill?
IIRC, Dorsey drafted both Hunt and Hill in KC.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Also, Kaepernick's lawsuit definitely has teeth.
Deleted User 141

DC and PDub, exactly as I stated in my original post. NFL starved for anyone that can play QB, but Kap not signed anywhere. RBs almost unvalued, as a group, in open market.

Yes, Dorsey strongly connected to Hunt, CNB and Leawood.

Don’t get me wrong, I get it, this is just how the world works.

But fuck off.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Being average.
Below average...NFL owners have shown themselves to be greedy pigs. Signing Kapernick would have been easy for one or all of he had talent to win games. That is the bar in the NFL...win games.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:55 pm DC and PDub, exactly as I stated in my original post. NFL starved for anyone that can play QB, but Kap not signed anywhere. RBs almost unvalued, as a group, in open market.

Yes, Dorsey strongly connected to Hunt, CNB and Leawood.

Don’t get me wrong, I get it, this is just how the world works.

But fuck off.
I thought Sam's column got it right.

Kareem Hunt signs with the Browns, the worst place he could go. Save us the posturing

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-c ... 09265.html
Dorsey hit all the expected notes: said Hunt took responsibility for “his egregious actions” that the Browns “do not condone.” Hunt is undergoing treatment and subject to an NFL suspension, and Dorsey’s statement made clear that another incident “will not be tolerated.”

Hunt released a statement, too. Again, it hit most of the expected notes. He apologized both for the violence and for lying about it later. He thanked the Browns for the opportunity and expressed a commitment to be “a better and healthier person.”

Notably, neither man’s statement mentioned the victim, or even the existence of a victim, and both focused solely on the incident caught on video, ignoring a larger and troubling pattern that developed around Hunt.

Sadly, that meat-headed, narcissistic, optics-first-and-everything-else-second response was also expected.

The NFL and the men who operate it are not in the business of healing. They are not about self-improvement. They are about football — first, foremost and above everything else.

[...]

Hunt was cut less than three months ago. He just began counseling. He’s still on the commissioner’s exempt list. This is not the process for a team or league that prioritizes a young man’s recovery. This is the process for a team salivating at an elite talent available on the cheap.

That doesn’t make the Browns a bad organization. It makes them a business. It makes them what we should expect.

But spare us the empty posturing, especially when you’re putting the guy in the worst possible situation he could find.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:36 am Hunt wasn't charged.
Kap wasn't charged.
Kap wasn't good enough to overcome the PR he would bring to the team that signed him.
Hunt was/is ( if you've forgotten, he led the NFL in rushing his rookie year ).
Is it even "PR" that's the problem? Or is it the opinion of a particular subset of American media and politics?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kind of one in the same.
Lot of hypocrisy.
And not necessarily all from that particular subset either.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Maybe I shouldn't be so naive. It's nuts, but there's lots and lots and lots of NFL fans who really, truly believe that kneeling during the Star Spangled Banner is worse than hitting women.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

While I agree that thinking kneeling during the anthem is worse than hitting women is absolute lunacy, Kap is intentionally targeting/using the NFL as a platform and putting his politics/opinion public while Hunt ( and others ) have had their private lives made public.

A common argument, and there are flaws, is that if I were to do something during company hours that would be in opposition of what my employers believed and they thought that could harm the product/brand/company, they have the right to let me go, or not even that, just simply not renew a contract.