Les Miles Article

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Les Miles Article

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Article by Ross Dellenger who has a relationship with Les back to LSU days. Dellenger and Miles contacted quite a bit during the Kansas search, but when Dellenger saw that Les got quiet, he knew Miles to Kansas was probably going to happen.

Good article on how Les is now, what he is trying to accomplish and how he will get there.

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... lsu-career
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Re: Les Miles Article

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

I was listening to Petro on 810AM yesterday. I didn’t catch the beginning so I don’t know who he was interviewing, but it seemed to be some sports journalist. They talked mostly about Power 5 football recruiting compared to other conferences, and whether the Power 5 would drop out of the NCAA to form their own association.

However, at the end Petro asked for some quick takes, and for one the guy said he thought Miles would lead KU to a bowl game next season. Interesting.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

My wife has accused me of drinking the KU football Kool-Aid but hot damn if this paragraph doesn't get me fired up...

"Miles already is putting his touch on his new program. He’s brought over his trademark slogan: “We do hard things.” Workouts are more intense, players say, and training is more grueling. Miles walked into his first team meeting, saw dozens of players with baseball caps on inside and demanded in a booming voice, “Take those hats off!” A group of players, expecting to get the goofy guy from the beer commercials, was stunned. “We were like, ‘Oh s---, he means business,’” says receiver Daylon Charlot."
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:38 am Miles walked into his first team meeting, saw dozens of players with baseball caps on inside and demanded in a booming voice, “Take those hats off!” A group of players, expecting to get the goofy guy from the beer commercials, was stunned. “We were like, ‘Oh s---, he means business,’” says receiver Daylon Charlot."
I love it.

But man that's gonna piss off some long time message board contributers.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:41 am
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:38 am Miles walked into his first team meeting, saw dozens of players with baseball caps on inside and demanded in a booming voice, “Take those hats off!” A group of players, expecting to get the goofy guy from the beer commercials, was stunned. “We were like, ‘Oh s---, he means business,’” says receiver Daylon Charlot."
I love it.

This isn't Gill's Snicker snack time, Weis's whatever the hell he was doing, and Beaty being a guy that no one took seriously. When Les tells you to do something you do it. Immediately. I, for one, can't wait.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I love it.

I hope they weren't wearing cargo shorts too.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:38 am My wife has accused me of drinking the KU football Kool-Aid but hot damn if this paragraph doesn't get me fired up...

"Miles already is putting his touch on his new program. He’s brought over his trademark slogan: “We do hard things.” Workouts are more intense, players say, and training is more grueling. Miles walked into his first team meeting, saw dozens of players with baseball caps on inside and demanded in a booming voice, “Take those hats off!” A group of players, expecting to get the goofy guy from the beer commercials, was stunned. “We were like, ‘Oh s---, he means business,’” says receiver Daylon Charlot."
That part got me fired up too.

Liked this part as well. Yeah he did things to fill his time, but he's a football coach first and foremost, and that's what he'll do while at KU.

After Miles’s noon press conference on National Signing Day, the coach is back in his office interviewing for a graphic design position on his staff, and minutes later, he leads an unplanned meeting for more than an hour to discuss the next wave: the 2020 signing class. Steven Biter, the special assistant to the head coach, bustles from the staff meeting to his office and back. Biter, 30, has spent the last year with Miles, helping him strategize for a potential return to coaching. While the outgoing staff still occupied the football complex, Biter and Miles huddled in a conference room in Kansas’ athletic administration building, assembling a staff and mapping out an accelerated recruiting plan.

For months last spring, fall and summer, Biter only knew the actor and TV analyst Les Miles. Now, finally, he knows Les Miles, the coach. “He’s much more comfortable in this role,” Biter says. “It’s like riding a bike for that guy. It’s like a duck to water. This is why this guy was put on planet Earth.”

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:44 am
I love it.

This isn't Gill's Snicker snack time, Weis's whatever the hell he was doing, and Beaty being a guy that no one took seriously. When Les tells you to do something you do it. Immediately. I, for one, can't wait.
I usually try to make a football game a year being 3 hours away and having kids soccer games on Saturday mornings for most of September and October. But I will do my best to make it to at least 2 this year. I am that pumped for this program under Les.

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

The cycle continues. Hard nosed coach at KU = modicum of success. "But he's a meanie!" Then comes Terry Allen. Hard nosed coach at KU = modicum of success. "But he's a meanie!" Then comes Dave & Busters. It takes 30 years for KU, in modern times, learn.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But snickers bars and skittles and no cell phones past 10 PM.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Charlie Weis wasn't hard nosed...or really hard anything.

We really blew the cycle with that one.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Charlie Weis was a great example of failing up. As he was devouring the pizzas, he was cashing checks from places he was paid to leave. Real motivator.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Zenger got wowed by a ring and words. Not results. Dumbass.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Les Miles is getting Rick Ross to play after the spring game? Goddamn!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Holy shit. Just incredible. They’re making this thing an event. I think it starts at 6 so it’ll go late.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Six months of Les is already more exciting then the previous decade.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Bought lunch for everyone at Wescoe today.

Lot different than Beaty doing yard games on the hill with students a few years back.

I'm ready for Kansas football.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:46 pm Bought lunch for everyone at Wescoe today.

Lot different than Beaty doing yard games on the hill with students a few years back.

I'm ready for Kansas football.
Now is the perfect time for KU football to rise (and maybe more needed than ever) coming off of an extremely disappointing basketball season.

The first three games of the year are going to be so important for this fan base. The excitement level is there but can they deliver.
Holidaysmore - 2005