2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

2019 NFL Season

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

New League Year. New Thread.

Schedule comes out tonight.

Chiefs schedule that has been released or leaked.

Monday Night in November against Chargers in Mex City
Sunday afternoon on December 8th at New England

No other games known yet for Chiefs.

Pats schedule was leaked by their beat writers about an hour ago.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by pdub »

If we have to loose a home game @ Mexico City after what happened last year with the Rams AND travel to NE, that is some bullshit ( spare me the official reasoning - it's still some bullshit ).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:39 am If we have to loose a home game @ Mexico City after what happened last year with the Rams AND travel to NE, that is some bullshit ( spare me the official reasoning - it's still some bullshit ).
Game is a home game for Chargers, not Chiefs. Chiefs will be visiting team.

But even then, a game in LA is more of a home game for the Chiefs than it is LA.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

As long as we don't loose a game in Arrowhead, i'm cool with wherever they send us.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Now leaked that the Chiefs open at Jacksonville.

First game in Jacksonville since Reid's first game in 2013. Won 28-2. Jags have Foles at QB and Conley at WR.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Packers at Chiefs. Sunday Night Football. October 27th.

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's a tasty matchup.
Chiefs fans loose their shit 'round Halloween too.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I would have much preferred if the Bears played the Chiefs in KC in December instead of in Chicago. I would have happily attended and possibly have been able to take in a KU hoop game too.
Well, I'll just have to attend the game in Chicago - which will hopefully still be meaningful to both teams.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

@Jax, @Oak, vBal, @Det, vInd, vHou, @Den, vGB, vMin, @Ten, vLAC, BYE, vOak, @NE, vDen, @Chi, vLAC

I think we need to start 7-1 with the weaker half of the schedule to have a shot at keeping up with the Pats who have a laughably easy schedule.

I do like how some of our tougher out of division games are at home:
v Green Bay, v Minnesota, v Baltimore, v Indy, v Houston

And some of our less difficult are away:
@ Jacksonville, @ Detroit, @ Tennessee
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

First glance. I think 12-4. I think the floor is 11-5 and ceiling is 14-2.

Chiefs first half of schedule is fairly easy. December is TOUGH. Home vs Raiders, @ NE, home against Denver, @ Chicago and home against Chargers.

4th straight year of 3 home games in December. KC is something like 10-2 in December home games in those 4 years.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:31 am @Jax, @Oak, vBal, @Det, vInd, vHou, @Den, vGB, vMin, @Ten, vLAC, BYE, vOak, @NE, vDen, @Chi, vLAC

I think we need to start 7-1 with the weaker half of the schedule to have a shot at keeping up with the Pats who have a laughably easy schedule.
They always do. AFC East is trash and their out of division games are fairly easy

I do like how some of our tougher out of division games are at home:
v Green Bay, v Minnesota, v Baltimore, v Indy, v Houston
Think they go 5-0 in these games. One hang up might be Baltimore, but they lost some guys off that defense from last year and league might catch on to Jackson this year.

And some of our less difficult are away:
@ Jacksonville, @ Detroit, @ Tennessee
Should go 3-0. But you never know with KC.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

This is 4 straight years of playing a game at NE, yeah?

16 - playoff
17 - regular season
18 - regular season
19 - regular season
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah. It's a weird rotation the NFL does. Don't know how to explain it.

But I think this is the last year for it.. If KC and NE both finish in the same place in their divisions the next 3 years, then NE will travel to KC for 3 straight years.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Which is how, for example, it seemed like Peyton's Colts were playing the Pats every single year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The Hill situation took a turn based on the fact that he nor his fiancé have custody of child.

Look for Chiefs to add a WR in the draft next week. Don't think they'll trade up. Would love Hakeem Butler from Iowa State or Marquis Brown from OU.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, I think they have to now.
I wouldn't cut Hill until I knew all the details and law enforcement had done it's thing.
Certainly contract negotiations have come to a screeching halt.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:51 pm Yea, I think they have to now.
I wouldn't cut Hill until I knew all the details and law enforcement had done it's thing.
Certainly contract negotiations have come to a screeching halt.
He went from getting OBJ money to probably getting Sammy Watkins money on the market. Still a good deal, but he lost millions with this latest episode.

Chiefs hold all the leverage with him.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The Chiefs learned from the Hunt situation. Don't release him. Suspend and hope the noise dies down. Once he starts catching 70 yard bombs and throwing the dueces all will be forgiven and forgotten.

What an incredible fall that was. Potential to reset the WR market and you blow it.

Butler would be nice. He made some plays last year against KU that were insane. Brown is a poor mans version of 'Reek. Interesting what they do also with the rumors that the Chiefs may shop their first round pick for Frank Clark, who also has had some off the field issues.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 pm What they do also with the rumors that the Chiefs may shop their first round pick for Frank Clark, who also has had some off the field issues.
He's owed $17M+ this year. And is an unrestricted FA after this year. Don't know if the price matches his contract money and length.

I'd be good with a 2nd (Which you have 2 of) and a 3rd for him. But don't give up a 1st.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:28 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 pm What they do also with the rumors that the Chiefs may shop their first round pick for Frank Clark, who also has had some off the field issues.
He's owed $17M+ this year. And is an unrestricted FA after this year. Don't know if the price matches his contract money and length.

I'd be good with a 2nd (Which you have 2 of) and a 3rd for him. But don't give up a 1st.
Agreed - If the Seahawks come down off of their asking price the Chiefs should be all in. Problem is that at least four other teams need pass rushers as well with very few plug and play available via FA or the Draft. For some reason I believe that Veach will get this deal done but for less than what Seattle initially wanted.
Holidaysmore - 2005