2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
vmlb

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by vmlb »

Is anyone considering Hill has a mental problem due to football injuries? He did get concussed not too long ago.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I'm sure all of the hits he has taken hasn't helped but this is something that was formed over time. Inevitably some people are just bad, nasty people.

That being said, lol, I am more and more convinced that Hill will be put on the suspended exempt list and will eventually get an eight game suspension. By the time eight games have passed Mahomes will have done a million great things and a million other athletes will have done some incredibly dumb things and that will push 'Reek's story to the bottom. All will not or never be forgiven but winning can solve or minimize a lot of things.
Holidaysmore - 2005
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

I like the people in this case who are "concerned about the three year old boy". I question how kicking his Father out of the NFL will help the three year old. IMO Hill should be kicked out, but not for his son; rather for my selfish views of the game. Also, I am jealous that a scum bag like that makes millions, while I struggle to make a living.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

vmlb wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:32 pm I like the people in this case who are "concerned about the three year old boy". I question how kicking his Father out of the NFL will help the three year old. IMO Hill should be kicked out, but not for his son; rather for my selfish views of the game. Also, I am jealous that a scum bag like that makes millions, while I struggle to make a living.
I just try to look at them as my entertainment not some lesson in my morals. Yes his 3 year old would benefit from Hill's paychecks.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KCTV5 with another release this evening.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah this could get interesting, even more.

KCTV5 is likely forcing the Chiefs and the NFLs hand at this.

Hill will never be banned by the league, the player union will fight it and win, but he won't be with the Chiefs anymore and won't be in the NFL for a while yet.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Although, I do feel for the kid in this whole thing. He's had physical injuries, is terrified of his parents (dad), his parents are being drug all throughout the news and finally, and what kids think about, won't have his dad doing anything cool anymore like being the highest paid WR in the NFL. Like as an adult, that last sentence is irrelevant, but to a kid whatever their parents do are cool and they like to brag to everyone they know.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm not sure NFLPA would win. The Brady court loss gave Goodell nearly unlimited power.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:57 pm I'm not sure NFLPA would win. The Brady court loss gave Goodell nearly unlimited power.
Former NFLPA President Dominque Foxworth said late last week that if they tried to ban him for life, the NFLPA would fight it and win. He may be biased, but he's one of the smartest guys out there on a national platform in terms of former players. He knows what he is talking about.

I do think that if that happened, it would be a long process, and he wouldn't come close to playing until it got resolved, which would be a few years at least due to appeals.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I did not see the "for life" qualifier. Agree on that--it won't say that b/c it wouldn't hold up without a serious child abuse conviction.

But, the NFL has enough teeth for a lengthy enough of a ban that it's a real question if he ever plays again (if they choose to do so). Ray Rice being the obvious example.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I didn't include that qualifier, should have been more specific. My bad on that.

But good point on Ray Rice. And effectively, the NFL owners can blackball anyone i.e. Kaepernick.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

So this latest report by KCTV5 confirms that ‘Reek was not at home but called police / medical that Crystal was passed out at 5 pm.
So...nothing....new. At all.
KCTV5 milking this story for everything it is worth. They are gunning for that local Emmy award.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Jesus.....passed out at 5pm while 7 months pregnant?
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I wonder what her phone number is.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:15 pm Jesus.....passed out at 5pm while 7 months pregnant?
Those twins will be a positive addition to our society.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://twitter.com/arrowheadpride/stat ... 45185?s=21

Starting to get interesting. Hill has remained consistent. Unlike Hunt. Multiple attempts to reach out to espinosa camp have been unreturned.

I still think Hill is not a model citizen but maybe he’s innocent as well. Makes perfect sense why Chiefs/NFL have yet to do anything.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

All the more reason to keep him and let this play out. If what his lawyer is saying is true then he shouldn't miss a down.

He was wrong for what he said about how Espinosa should be 'terrified' of him but in an argument, especially a highly emotional argument sometimes people say things they don't mean or regret. The letter to the NFL clearly states that he was wrong for saying that but from what has been publicly made available I didn't hear anything from Hill stating that he abused or broke his sons arm.

If I'm the Chiefs this is the best news I have heard in weeks. I would still be very cautious on signing him to a long term deal.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:08 pm All the more reason to keep him and let this play out. If what his lawyer is saying is true then he shouldn't miss a down.

He was wrong for what he said about how Espinosa should be 'terrified' of him but in an argument, especially a highly emotional argument sometimes people say things they don't mean or regret. The letter to the NFL clearly states that he was wrong for saying that but from what has been publicly made available I didn't hear anything from Hill stating that he abused or broke his sons arm.

If I'm the Chiefs this is the best news I have heard in weeks. I would still be very cautious on signing him to a long term deal.
Ehhhh

Look - the lawyer did his job. But that exchange where Espinal admits everything...does not come off as very authentic.

And, my God, if being on the knife's edge between being out of the NFL and having a high-8-figure guaranty isn't enough to motivate smart life choices...what will be?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Makes you wonder if finally they had an agreement of her going "Hey, I'll take the fall, you make your $100+M, and I get a decent chunk, deal?" He responds back agreeing.

Maybe not likely, but that message she wrote had 27 words. And she admitted guilt 3 times. And this is supposedly AFTER her trying to convince him to slip up and say something wrong on the 11 minute phone conversation while in Dubai. That phone call was set up and her asking those questions and saying those things to try and get him to admit something.

Don't think something will change in that time frame. Kind of fishy. But it makes you wonder if they hashed out some deal behind the scenes.

But you know the lawyer sat down with Hill and said that they have to figure out something quick because things were getting away from them and fast. So they responded with this letter and "proof" by providing texts.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

After reading parts of it does appear to be almost to perfect. Seems to be that both sides had an agreement but now each side has 'flipped' on each other.
Holidaysmore - 2005