2019 NFL Season

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Post by jfish26 »

Ultimately, it seems (from very far outside) like they have a toxic (and mutually-enabling) inability to control impulses to do very dumb shit.
shindig

Post by shindig »

So obvious the txt is fake...when people txt, who uses full words and none are mis-spelled...lol.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:01 pm Ultimately, it seems (from very far outside) like they have a toxic (and mutually-enabling) inability to control impulses to do very dumb shit.
^^^^
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

shindig wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:09 pm So obvious the txt is fake...when people txt, who uses full words and none are mis-spelled...lol.
Me
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:37 pm
shindig wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:09 pm So obvious the txt is fake...when people txt, who uses full words and none are mis-spelled...lol.
Me
I hate texts that have misspelled words and short hand texts. I use punctuation and everything. Huge pet peeve of mine.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i always text full sentences with punctuation...probably more so than here
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wonder if they could use location data to find if those texts were from two different locations.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So....under/over games Tyreek Hill suspended by the NFL is set at 6.5.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Under. It's going to be 4 or 6 IMO.

Maybe past history from college may weigh in to make it 8-10, but this is first incident in the NFL. So I think it'll be a 6 gamer at most.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Zeke's suspension seems like it will be an approximate bar.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

My guess is four games but he appeals and ends up serving two.
Holidaysmore - 2005
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Raiders on Hard Knocks. Thank you lord.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

If I had HBO I'd watch it.

But man, the Raiders will either be a 8-8 team and fun to watch, or they'll be an absolute train wreck.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Mitchell Schwartz, KC RT, just signed a 1-year extension to keep him in KC until 2021. The best RT in the game.

Chiefs need to get a new deal with Jones. He is that defense's best player. And I've heard they are far apart on a deal. He won't show until new deal, KC won't come down unless he shows up in KC. Will be a battle until well into training camp.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'd imagine the Hill situation has the Chiefs a bit paralyzed on how to structure long-term commitments to Jones (and, subsequently, Mahomes). Not that you'd ever commit long-term money to Hill at this point, but you don't know whether you're going to have to pay a replacement.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'd also say at this point, Mahomes can make anybody look really good. The Chiefs might not need to pay a WR big time money. Hell he made DeMarcus Robinson a threat last year. Chris Conley signed a 2 yr/$5M contract in Jacksonville because of what Mahomes did for him, because Conley was a pretty much a non-factor with Smith as QB.

I think the Chiefs can afford to place the big money on Mahomes and the defensive side of the ball, and let the offense be younger and cheaper guys who Mahomes can take under his wing and help them succeed. But most of that money needs to go to defense to make sure the Chiefs stay relevant and not the Green Bay Packers where there offense is great, defense sucks (But they also had a mediocre coach)

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:40 am I'd also say at this point, Mahomes can make anybody look really good. The Chiefs might not need to pay a WR big time money. Hell he made DeMarcus Robinson a threat last year. Chris Conley signed a 2 yr/$5M contract in Jacksonville because of what Mahomes did for him, because Conley was a pretty much a non-factor with Smith as QB.

I think the Chiefs can afford to place the big money on Mahomes and the defensive side of the ball, and let the offense be younger and cheaper guys who Mahomes can take under his wing and help them succeed. But most of that money needs to go to defense to make sure the Chiefs stay relevant and not the Green Bay Packers where there offense is great, defense sucks (But they also had a mediocre coach)
There's a conflict here that really sums up the entire state of affairs.

On one hand, nobody ever can claim to have had a better season than the one Mahomes just put up (and it was not the product of extraordinary luck or anything like that).

On the other - god damn, are we really saying Mahomes is, right now, at the "he'll solve offense by himself" stage of things?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Not sure, but the Chiefs are going to have to figure that out really quick. He'll be signing an extension after this upcoming season by all accounts.

I personally think he's that good, but I can also see that he'll have some regression, but his regression will still be a top 4 QB in the NFL if I had a guess. Just might not be the top guy.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You probably wait one more season to say that, especially being able to evaluate him without Hill.

I think Mahomes ends up being close to a Rodgers impact: He's going to win the Chiefs a Super Bowl, but he's not good enough to be dominant and win multiple Super Bowls while overcoming a decade of awful football/personnel decisions. I mean, who really is?

It's up to the Chiefs whether or not Mahomes wears multiple rings and I would not commit a bunch of money to a guy like Hill, maybe ever.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Agreed. I think Hill is a great player, but one that I don't think you dish out $100M+ to.

Go get you a couple of guys at 4 year $50M deals or something like that and you'll be much better off.