Miles to Go Thread

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Miles to Go Thread

Post by holidaysmore »

This is good. Really good. A lot to pick apart in each episode. While edited to show favorably you do have to feel good about the direction this program is headed.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Re: Miles to Go Thread

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I've just seen clips here and there. Don't have ESPN+ yet, but I will sign up for it soon and watch everything.

But something that stuck out to me was how physically ill Long seemed to be after the Iowa State game where Iowa State fans looked to outnumber Kansas fans. I remember his presser, but seeing him outside of that controlled setting, he was sick, pissed and knew something had to change.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Hell, Newton as we are the two biggest KU football homers on the board you are going to love this series. Sat in my office, closed the door and am on episode 4. I won't spoil it for you but in the first one minute of episode 4 you should get chills (the positive kind) for where this program is headed.
Hopefully those days, like the ISU game are but a distant memory.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I'm definitely pumped. And I'm glad to be a KU football homer. Love all my KU sports, but football and basketball are on equal footing for me. (Dumb I know)

But I am absolutely pumped to see behind the scenes. I loved the Gridiron thing that they did with KU when Gill was coach, so this should be fun too!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Never dumb to love a former sport you played and while KU football has given you back about .1% in return the future has never been brighter. While you've never expressed concern this series so far has shown to me that Les hasn't lost a step.

By the time you get through episode four you are going to be blackout, homer drunk. LOL.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Enjoying the format
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

2 episodes in, liking a lot so far
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I just watched all four. I like it. I like seeing Miles get on staff and players expecting hard work and energy. He also gave them 'that a boy' when they did a good job. I am very curious what the future episodes in season hold.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Hopefully a few locker room celebrations.

I watched all 4. Feel pretty much the same before I watched: cautiously optimistic. Hope the miniseries doesn't end up being an embarrassment.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The series makes the streaming fee a non factor. Appreciate the interest you in KU.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:17 pm Hopefully a few locker room celebrations.

I watched all 4. Feel pretty much the same before I watched: cautiously optimistic. Hope the miniseries doesn't end up being an embarrassment.
Seeing some locker room celebrations sounds good. Cautiously optimistic. I agree with this. I am hoping for 4 wins. I think 3 is realistic. 6 I would be shocked and extremely happy.

I think the mini series will be good. Yesterday, on ESPN, it was being advertised on the ticker bar. KU didn't have a game and still getting national TV coverage. But here again I am cautiously optimistic.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

God damnit, why isn’t this game on ESPN+ ?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

???

Fox Sports RSN's have had Big 12 rights for over a decade now.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:46 am ???

Fox Sports RSN's have had Big 12 rights for over a decade now.
Just with the new special series on ESPN+, I was hoping some games would also be on that. I can't get this game to come up on FoxSportsGo. Hopefully that's just a temporary glitch.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Might need a VPN.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Episode 5 dropped this afternoon.

Watched it. A good look at everything. The video footage from the game actually matches up with the radio calls and whatnot.

Good luck at what life is like in the hotel before a game and what it is like during the game and after the game.

Some talk at the end about Pooka.

Looks like it will drop every Thursday in the afternoon and will be up to speed on every week.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Best part was when the Miles’ boys were talking about pops and he walks in, lol.

Felt kind of rushed compared to previous episodes but that makes sense considering they are on a tight schedule. Still worth it and I look forward to subsequent episodes...hopefully with more Jayhawk Ws.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

I have not watched Miles to Go. Might be the only thing entertaining that pertains to KU football regarding Les Miles.
Although, this was somewhat entertaining. Or maybe I should say cringe worthy and an early indicator Les Miles brain should be questioned and examined? I'm not saying that to be nasty or snide.
Last night the guy looked and acted completely lost mentally on the sideline/s.

https://twitter.com/LetItFlyTom/status/ ... 0917366785
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

New episode out. Not much on game or leading up to game. Outside of a few minutes. Much more on what happened on Sunday and Monday. And then a story on a DL guy who has a kid and what that is like.

Good focus too on Stanley knowing during the game the mistake he made and coaches pointing out in film the next day that he had plenty of space to run. And although he tried to make a play, the smarter and more effective play was always there.