KU predictions

Kansas Football.
noosh

KU predictions

Post by noosh »

Just wanted to bring this over from the DOT NET so we can track:

Nicholls St--WINNAH
@ Central Michigan--WINNAH. See below.
Rutgers--WINNAH. Janarion Grant is gone and this team has no QB. We live for these kind of big games at Kivisto. This will be old fashioned, smashmouth football at it's phinest and look for the BLUE WINGS to RISE!
@ Baylor--L. Between this roadie, TTU, and Silo Tech...we will win at least 1. Will is be against this shittastic team?
OSU--L. We'll hang touch for 3 quarters but the Pokes will rally late behind THE MULLET.
@ WVU--L. I'll be in the stands for this one, KU will come out blazing but no couch will be spared in Morgantown as the home team ends up winning by 2 scores and the party is on after for the 'Neers.
@ TTU--L. KU has a history of getting coaches fired. Coach Bro's last stand?? A loss to the Hawks here and TTU has a coaching search going. This one will be circled in my book as likely a WIN come game week.
TCU--L. Funny thing is we'll have this team down 10 in the 4th Q only to lose on a phantom PI call late. BOOK IT.
ISU--WINNAH. We ain't losing at home to these pig rapists. FEEL ME.
@KSU--L. As long as the second best coach named Bill in Kansas is still around, this is an L.
@OU--L. OU will treat this as a bye week and we'll be up at half but Lincoln will fire up the Boomers with a special halftime visit from the CROTCHGRABBER and will the Sooners to victory.
Texas--L. Hermann will need this W more than us as we may be bowl eligible by then and we'll rest our studs for the Vagisil Twat Cream Bowl.

CMU game is our season. That team lost a lot of key players and was actually really shittier than last year's record suggested. They were 4-0 in one possession games and only won 3 games by more than 2 scores while losing 5 by 3 scores or more. The road streak ends. Kansas on track for 4-5 wins. OR......headed for a 2-10 season with a L here.

This is our CFP game. This game means everything to the program. Win this game and this team wins at least 4. Lose it and we'll scratch out 2 wins.

I feel like Matty Taint with this prediction but if I'm the Killer B's (Beaty and HC-in-waiting Bowen) I put my entire offseason into this game. This sets KU up for the next 3-5 seasons with a W here. A loss and it's pack your bags time.

I see a minimum of 3 but possibly up to 6 wins here. We'll win at least one out of this trio: TTU, BU, or KSU. That's 5 wins. We'll put two in the pink and one in the stink for a SHOCKAH somewhere else along the way. 6 wins and we are bowling BIYATCHEZ!!!!!!!!!
pdub
Site Admin

Re: KU predictions

Post by pdub »

My prediction from earlier:

Nichols State - I smell Nichols State upset here L
@ CMU - we're due for a big road win W
Rutgers - Rutgers is down this year W
@ Baylor - it'll be close but L
OSU - L
@WVU - L
@TTU - lets do this thing W
TCU - L
ISU - W YUP - 4 wins up in here
@ksu - L
@OU - blowout L
UT - L - which sucks because there'd be a far outside chance at a bowl

Beaty finishes with his best season but the early upset costs him his job in the end.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think I had KU winning 4 or 5 games. Zenger and Beaty being let go. But didn't do a game by game from what I can tell. Also had this...

KU is finally getting some talent. I think Harris and Pooka, the freshmen from LA could be huge players on the field this first year. Meacham loves those little guys that can do everything, and Pooka can do that.

Would like to see Kendrick the JUCO QB get a realistic shot at the job. Don't think we saw Bender at his best last year by any means, and I think he can sling it around, but Kendrick seems like a guy who is a natural leader.

Defense does have a lot of people back, although losing Armstrong will obviously hurt, but good talent on all levels of that side of the ball.

This has all been true so far..

Now I think they'll get 4 wins. Changed to 4 after Nicholls upset.

I had them sweeping non-con and then winning at Baylor and home against ISU. I wouldn't be surprised though if they pick off another game like at ksu or Texas at home.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We will beat Baylor, statie, and ISU.

If that happens, I consider the season a success.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we beat ksu, after winning 2 in a row and breaking the road streak, that alone at this point would be a success.
noosh

Post by noosh »

I was at the CMU game....you should have seen the relief on the faces of the wives knowing they dont have to call the realtor just quite yet. Except the wife of the coach who is the brother of the OU coach...I think she's already got the bags packed.
edjayhawk

Post by edjayhawk »

No more wins. Schedule is tougher here on out.
Starhawk0

Post by Starhawk0 »

did not post a preseason prediction. to my friends, I said Nichols would be tough but I deep down felt we should win that one. they deserved it as hard it is for me to say that day.

Now: really really optimistic and pleased with coaching. teams we can beat: KSU, UT, TTU, ISU, Baylor.

How positive we can we win all those? I have to think realistically we can take 2 of those.

I'll say TTU, Baylor. for this moment.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

If Bender keeps starting...0 more wins
If Kendrick is done for the year...0 more wins
If Kendrick starts from this point...KSU, OSU, TTU, Texas possible long-shot wins but winning 2 is possible
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
LAWRENCENATIVE2

Post by LAWRENCENATIVE2 »

The idea that a new AD and an asst were brought on board to help support Beaty and co is laughable. The losses will pile up and the bye week is an excellent time to punt the Texan back to Waco or wherever. He was never qualified to be a BG12 HC at this time (or anytime soon).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we can't hang with Baylor, I don't think we're beating Iowa State.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Beaty back to the top:

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

How are we so bad offensively?

Isn't Beaty an offensive guy, isn't Meacham supposed to be an offensive genius?

Pooka seems legit, and Herbert and Williams are good backups, Sims is a legitimately good receiver and Johnson and Booker seem decent. Why can't we even move the football?

I mean, if we had lost that game 26 to 24 or something... Baylor is BAD defensively, we're gonna be shut out in games again just like last year if we continue to play like that.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NLowrider

Post by NLowrider »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:11 pm Beaty back to the top:

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/
We're #1
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

hang a banner?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Ugly.
Defense. Rebounds.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

We don't have a QB or a coaching staff that could develop what we have.
Holidaysmore - 2005
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

After spending multiple weeks sitting in the stands at K-State this season, I am continually amused by the fan reactions around me. For one, despite the fact that they have an above average team, all they do is sit and whine about how this is "the worst" team they have ever seen at KSU and how the coaches and players are terrible. Probably a lot like what you would hear in the stands at Memorial, but with a better team on the field. Secondly, they are TERRIFIED that this is the year KU will beat them. Every time the KU score is flashed on their scoreboard, the fans around me are like "Dammit, KU is going to come to town and kick our a** this year," and "I swear to God, if KU beats us this year, Snyder is done!" Makes me chuckle.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:14 pm After spending multiple weeks sitting in the stands at K-State this season, I am continually amused by the fan reactions around me. For one, despite the fact that they have an above average team, all they do is sit and whine about how this is "the worst" team they have ever seen at KSU and how the coaches and players are terrible. Probably a lot like what you would hear in the stands at Memorial, but with a better team on the field. Secondly, they are TERRIFIED that this is the year KU will beat them. Every time the KU score is flashed on their scoreboard, the fans around me are like "Dammit, KU is going to come to town and kick our a** this year," and "I swear to God, if KU beats us this year, Snyder is done!" Makes me chuckle.
Lots of state fans are scared that this is the ultimate downfall of Snyder. Tickets are fairly cheap for the KU @ kstate game this year. 30/seat. I might try to make it there. Will probably be the most competitive game KU will have in conference play this year.

KU has beaten the spread against kstate in all 3 of Beaty's games against them. That means something right.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:04 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:14 pm After spending multiple weeks sitting in the stands at K-State this season, I am continually amused by the fan reactions around me. For one, despite the fact that they have an above average team, all they do is sit and whine about how this is "the worst" team they have ever seen at KSU and how the coaches and players are terrible. Probably a lot like what you would hear in the stands at Memorial, but with a better team on the field. Secondly, they are TERRIFIED that this is the year KU will beat them. Every time the KU score is flashed on their scoreboard, the fans around me are like "Dammit, KU is going to come to town and kick our a** this year," and "I swear to God, if KU beats us this year, Snyder is done!" Makes me chuckle.
Lots of state fans are scared that this is the ultimate downfall of Snyder. Tickets are fairly cheap for the KU @ kstate game this year. 30/seat. I might try to make it there. Will probably be the most competitive game KU will have in conference play this year.

KU has beaten the spread against kstate in all 3 of Beaty's games against them. That means something right.
Snyder actually said "You guys go ahead and write whatever the hell you want" in his press conference last night when pressed about his QB situation. For a man who follows up his use of the word "fanny" with "excuse my language," that's pretty telling. The verbal abuse being yelled down from the stands at the coaches and players during the home games is at unprecedented levels, too. If KU can pull off a decent game, it might trigger the apocalypse in Manhattan.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain