NFL 2018

Kansas Football.
vmlb

Re: NFL 2018

Post by vmlb »

Reminds me of the kitties vs. hawks famous svi travel. Kitties all assumed that if the call had been made, they would have won the game. Brees might have thrown a pick six on the next play, had the call been made.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

vmlb wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:53 pm Reminds me of the kitties vs. hawks famous svi travel. Kitties all assumed that if the call had been made, they would have won the game. Brees might have thrown a pick six on the next play, had the call been made.
Love you attemps at trolling
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

lobster wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:20 pm Television market rankings:

#2 Los Angeles
#9 Boston
#32 Kansas City
#50 New Orleans
IT'S THE SUPER BOWL.
Any clue how those TV market ratings correlate to NFL fans in those cities and their TV viewership?
Regardless, I honestly don't know one way or the other but I have to assume CBS charges the same amount per commercial no matter who is playing in the game. Anyone know for sure?
I'm curious, who benefits by having the Rams in the Super Bowl instead of the Saints?

As far as me being "cunty", sorry if you feel that way. I'm not one of the people crying/bitching about Tom Brady. To me that's being kind of "cunty". Or at least sort of petty. Maybe it's not. Whatever.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

vmlb wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:50 pm Horrible call...........But .......didn't the Saints still have the opportunity to win the game?
But failed........
All of this blown call talk has completely over shadowed that outside of the first two drives of the game Brees played AWFUL including the INT that he threw in OT.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Brees has hit the wall. That is why the Saints were so pissed. I believe he hit his last stride this mid-season. He can stay like Favre, And has masterly moments still. But the whole package has tattered.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Rams CB fined for helmet-to-helmet contact on the infamous no-call.

There needs be discipline for the officiating crew.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The NFL Officiating Department apparently evaluates each official each week.
I think those stats should be made public and the lower ranked officials wouldn't be able to ref in the playoffs.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:27 pm The NFL Officiating Department apparently evaluates each official each week.
I think those stats should be made public and the lower ranked officials wouldn't be able to ref in the playoffs.
The bottom 5 should be shown the door.
Stakes are too high.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:49 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:27 pm The NFL Officiating Department apparently evaluates each official each week.
The bottom 5 should be shown the door.
Stakes are too high.
And bring up the best crew from each P5 college conference.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That is essentially how the regular season works except that those evaluations stop during the Playoffs (hence the more physical play allowed, blown calls and overall less flags thrown)
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 183

Not going to use this an excuse but I do find it to be more than just a coincidence that Bill Vinovich is a Californian and Gary Cavaletto lives not that far from L.A. One of the other guys that usually works with the crew played for the Rams. Interestingly he was replaced and did not ref the game. I'm wondering why and if it did have anything to do with him playing for the Rams I would think they wouldn't want guys from California officiating the games as well.
Bottom line - any and all refs involved in the no-call should be shit canned. That was pathetic.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Gutter wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:38 pm Not going to use this an excuse but I do find it to be more than just a coincidence that Bill Vinovich is a Californian and Gary Cavaletto lives not that far from L.A. One of the other guys that usually works with the crew played for the Rams. Interestingly he was replaced and did not ref the game. I'm wondering why and if it did have anything to do with him playing for the Rams I would think they wouldn't want guys from California officiating the games as well.
Bottom line - any and all refs involved in the no-call should be shit canned. That was pathetic.
I dismissed this as meaningless and then this came out.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 1918754817
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Whole lot of people live in SoCal.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 183

That's the dilemma Geez. This CREW has been together all season and while of course there are other crews that the NFL could have brought in to officiate the game, apparently the NFL (mistakenly?) felt this was the best available crew - and several members happen to be from SoCal.
Not too sure if the NFL can really monitor the allegiances of refs but they are supposed to be unbiased and as I pointed out to others recently, the crew screwed up on at least 4 calls/non-calls that went in the Saints favor. I don't know how good or bad the crew was the rest of the season but they were horse crap last Sunday and very well may have had a major influence on the outcome of the game. Shameful.
I feel RG needs to come out with some well thought out statement this week.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/new-or ... er-goodell
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I live in CT. I don't like the Pats, Giants, or Jets.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 am I live in CT. I don't like the Pats, Giants, or Jets.
This^^^^^^^^^
Where you live is meaningless...
Just looking for excuses for the loss..
Bad call, definitely.
Did it cost them the game? IMO the OT pick cost them the game.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

They didn't necessarily lose because of the no-call.

But, had the proper call been made, there would have been approximately a 99% chance they would have won.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rumor is Elway loves him some MIZZOU tiger Drew Lock.
Fun!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Elway sucks at evaluationg QBs. Please let that to continue to be the case. Please get Lock, Elway. Please!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

He's not the only one who's in love with the tigger. Heard many echo the same fondness.