NFL 2018

Kansas Football.
columbusdjkc

Re: NFL 2018

Post by columbusdjkc »

New rumor is that Dorsey wants to trade for EB. Who knows how legit it is but if I’m the chiefs and I can dump EB for anything I’d do it at this point.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Like Newton pointed out part of the reason the mess the Chiefs are in is because of Dorsey signing bloated contracts to Houston and Ford. Now I say that to completely jinx Veach with Jones and 'Reek coming due.

Bake, OBJ, and Jarvis then you have potentially Chubb and Hunt getting new deals. That is just on the offensive side. That is a ton of money. Either way I would sacrifice all of that if I was Cleveland to make a splash and boy, have they ever done that.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

columbusdjkc wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:25 am New rumor is that Dorsey wants to trade for EB. Who knows how legit it is but if I’m the chiefs and I can dump EB for anything I’d do it at this point.
Rumors are that Chiefs and Browns might be in discussions for Berry to Cleveland for Emmanuel Ogbah and a pick.

As a KC fan, I wouldn't hate it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

Good lord...instead of the 31st worst defense I guess the Chiefs are trying to be the 32nd worst.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Never mind. EB is a June 1 cut. Thanks for the memories, EB. Sucks your body betrayed you when the Chiefs needed it the most. End of era.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

An absolute legend. Gave the Chiefs everything he had.

Will be a Chiefs HOFer.

But this is the right move.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I just hope his legacy wasn't tarnished because of last years foolishness that was the 'day to day' saga. You are right. Absolute legend in KC. His name will go up in the Ring of Honor.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Ronald Darby visiting Chiefs tonight. If all goes well, he’ll likely be a Chief.

Starter in all 4 of his seasons in Buffalo and then Philly. Started all 3 playoff games when Philly won SB.

Banged up last couple of years, but a really solid corner.

They have some cap space now. They’ll use it on multiple guys compared to one guy.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So we pay Darby what, 13 million a season?
And pay Honey Badger more than that?
Ooof ( and to dudes who both have had ACL injuries ).

Well, at least we can say we are trying to address our secondary.
Guess you draft dline/linebacker now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs shoulda signed Dix.
3.5 million for one year?
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

13 year old me says the Bears have a Dix, Beavers, Bush, Whitehair (think Bush & Beavers), and Blewitt.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh if he’s our Ford replacement.
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:10 pm Meh if he’s our Ford replacement.
I think he will be fine for what we need right now. I’m not sure why people are so hung up on the Ford trade. Ford was an average OLB until last year (and he was still average against the run last year) with plenty of injury concern as well. Sure he may end up on a roll but he’s still a risk and could just as easily regress back to his means. In no way was the guy a for sure hit.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:10 pm Meh if he’s our Ford replacement.
Seth Keysor. Film guys for Athletic KC does a pretty thorough grading system and reviews for potential FA, recent signees and all that.

He said that he put out better film than Ford ever had before 2018. So that’s saying something.

Doesn’t miss tackles. Can play the strong side DL and take on blockers.

My feeling is they want this defense to be able to contain the picket, and then have pressure come from the middle and from secondary blitzes.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Ford was an average OLB until last year"

I agree - but on a franchise year he'd be playing hard for the next contract - and he's better than the guy the Saints weren't interested in, who also has plenty of injury concern as well.

I see that they might be able to use the Ford money to get this guy and maybe someone else...but they could have had a 3rd round comp OR just franchised him next season and likely traded for a similar draft pick.
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:58 am "Ford was an average OLB until last year"

I agree - but on a franchise year he'd be playing hard for the next contract - and he's better than the guy the Saints weren't interested in, who also has plenty of injury concern as well.

I see that they might be able to use the Ford money to get this guy and maybe someone else...but they could have had a 3rd round comp OR just franchised him next season and likely traded for a similar draft pick.

With Hill, Jones, and Mahomes needing contracts I’m not sure there would of been any money available for another franchise for him next season. They would could of maybe gotten a 3rd comp next year. A second round pick is better then a third. To me the biggest threat to Mahomes is other people running the ball and running clock. Ford is not good at the run. Hell im not sure if any of the defense was worth a flip. I would rather give up pass rushing and let people throw it all over the stadium then let people play hide the football from Mahomes. If the chiefs can just improve against the run I think they are still in a good position.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hunt suspended for 8 games.

Not the 10-12 as originally reported.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If I were commish, I would have given Hunt four games.
But in the circumstances, I figured he'd have 10-12.
I'm surprised they didn't bring the hammer down.

Browns gambled and won.