NFL 2018

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: NFL 2018

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://twitter.com/realmnchiefsfan/sta ... 22336?s=21

This guy is a lawyer on top of a film guru for athletic KC. Interesting viewpoints.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Apparently Tyreek posted a video not more than 24 hours ago showing his son dancing and nothing wrong..
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Yep people are jumping to conclusions way prematurely.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’ll wait for more details, but if Tyreek is found to be responsible........it’s just incomprehensible. Literally on the verge of being one of the top 5 (maybe highest) paid WR’s in the NFL. Maybe as much as $50-60M guaranteed.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

This ‘case’ has all of the makings of a ‘he said, she said’ scenario and because of who ‘Reek is it is going to need to be 1000% clear he did nothing wrong if he wants to save his nfl career.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASa7c5L ... FU2Bfvb0UW

Good video and discussion with CDot and Seth Keysor

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:44 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASa7c5L ... FU2Bfvb0UW

Good video and discussion with CDot and Seth Keysor
Great interview
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm sort of at a loss on all this stuff. The smoke sure seems to be that this is nowhere near as simple as Hill did Action X and Consequence Y resulted.

But, questions abound, which arise from Hill's background, and his and the team's present and future:

* How does Hill or anyone in his family just not walk the fuck away from arguments? and

* How do the Chiefs not, like, pay some schlub $55k/year to sit on Hill 24/7?
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Breeland to chiefs on a one year deal
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good pickup. Probably starts right away.

Chiefs are set on starters for 2019 on defense, I think..

DE - Okafor
DT - Jones
DT - Nnadi
DE - Speaks
OLB - Hitchens
MLB - Ragland
OLB - D. Williams
CB - Breeland
CB - Fuller
NB - Ward
FS - Watts/Lucas
SS - Mathieu

Interesting note, Earl Thomas was likely headed to KC before Baltimore came in with a huge offer.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I still believe that, draft excluded the Chiefs have one or two more moves left to make on the defensive side. My guess is those deals take place after June 1st when the Chiefs have more cap space and guys that thought they would get big deals in the first two weeks and are now unsigned are more willing to negotiate. Not to mention valuable veteran guys who want to come to KC to chase a ring.

Damn even for a year imagine a defensive backfield with ET playing the middle of the field free and Tyrann playing a rover / hybrid LB and safety position.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:41 am Damn even for a year imagine a defensive backfield with ET playing the middle of the field free and Tyrann playing a rover / hybrid LB and safety position.
Would have been the best team in football, and it wouldn't have been close.

columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Seems like they need a backup TE still too. I haven’t paid attention to FA market so I don’t know if there are any out there or if they just look in the mid rounds in the draft.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

columbusdjkc wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:31 am Seems like they need a backup TE still too. I haven’t paid attention to FA market so I don’t know if there are any out there or if they just look in the mid rounds in the draft.
I think I've heard that this is a fairly decent TE draft class. I'd be OK with former Jayhawk turned Texas Aggie Sternberger.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Something to keep in mind.

Chiefs now have the 11th most cap space in the NFL after releases of Berry, Houston, Ford and others.

Roughly about $25M to still play with this year. Could one more big move be in the works?

columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:43 am Something to keep in mind.

Chiefs now have the 11th most cap space in the NFL after releases of Berry, Houston, Ford and others.

Roughly about $25M to still play with this year. Could one more big move be in the works?
I was wondering about that too. Or do they pocket the money and push it to next year to help with some of the internal contracts for Hill, Mahomes, etc.

I guess some of it depends on what happens with the investigation into Hill. They will have a ton more money if they aren’t going to contract him.

Who is even left right now that could be a “big signing” isn’t Suh like the best guy left? Surely he doesn’t get a big money pay day.
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Also if something goes down with Hill do you think we see a change in draft strategy and they try and go after WR in the upper rounds?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

columbusdjkc wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:58 am Also if something goes down with Hill do you think we see a change in draft strategy and they try and go after WR in the upper rounds?
Yes.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Based on the current FA left I don't see any of them that are going to command huge dollars. Same thing with the potential June 1 cuts. A Jared Cook, at TE, would be a nice pick up but he is primarily known as a receiving TE and Reid has traditionally liked his TE to block more. Plus I don't know if he would want to play second behind Kelce.

Unless they are working something crazy behind the scenes I believe the Chiefs are done with 'splash' FA moves. That is unless something crazy happens with Hill. As long as he is honest with the Chiefs I don't see them moving on from him like they did Hunt.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Can we get Justin Houston back on a cheap deal?