NFL 2018

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: NFL 2018

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Absolutely huge and something I could see happen. NE against good teams on the road is not very good.

Chiefs and Chargers game on Thursday night is going to be massive. For both division title and playoff seeding and HFA.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If the Steelers beat NE and we win our next 2 home games, no. 1 seed is ours - we wouldn't loose to the Raiders at home.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Didn't know where to post this.

I knew Steve (will probably attend his funeral tomorrow) and know his kids.

This (see Twitter "tweet" below) made me smile because it brought back a funny memory.
It was the mid 80s and McMahon was the shit. TON of endorsement deals and was one of the most popular and recognizable athletes in the USA if not the world.
Anyways, he was in a mall near where I lived signing autographs. The line was ridiculously long.
Being that I knew Steve and the guy who ran the store where McMahon was signing the autographs, I walked up and stood inside the store. There had been about 10 or so people who got their autographs and there may have been as many as 2,000 more people in line.
McMahon was sitting there wearing sunglasses (claimed his eye was sensitive to light due to an incident as a child when he accidentally stuck a fork in his eye) and he was chewing tobacco.
He had a cup he was spitting in to. It was a sight to see. McMahon at his off field finest.
There were kids who were a little freaked out and grossed out that he kept spitting in to the cup.
The manager of the store asked McMahon if there was anything he wanted. Did he want something to drink or some food. McMahon said yes, he wanted some french fries. My guess is he was a bit drunk and/or high. I, my buddy, and the manager went to the food court and got some fries for McMahon.
We come back with a cup (yes - a cup) of fries. McMahon is still chewing the tobacco.
I'm hanging out off to the side and watching McMahon continue to sign autographs.
He starts eating the fries. He then spits a combo of tobacco juice and potatoes in to the cup and a little kid freaks out and starts crying. McMahon smiles with his shit eating grin and says, "Here kid, I want you to have this" and hands the kid the cup. The look on the kid and his mother's face was priceless. Shocked and throughly disgusted. McMahon's wife just shook her head and rolled her eyes.
McMahon made himself crack up. I laughed too.

(@JimMcMahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/JimMcMahon/status/1 ... ">December 3, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jgmaine

Post by jgmaine »

LOL
Can’t wait to hear the Boston sports radio tomorrow morning.
Deleted User 183

"Where the champagne at"?!?!
Some ZEZE & Swag Surfin' at Club Dub yesterday.
It's good to go from worst to first and be the NFC North Champs!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brd7qndnBlX/?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BreGSFnHWwg/?
Deleted User 183

Nice ending to eat Skins / Tits game.
If you had the over.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Chargers choke.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:24 pmChargers choke.
And the Ravens defense is no joke. Makes the Chiefs comeback against them even more impressive. This loss basically wrapped up Chiefs being the West champs and a bye at minimum. Have to just win one game. No way they lose to Raiders at home.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Still need to win 2 games to keep Houston from 1 seed overall, no?
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:54 pm Still need to win 2 games to keep Houston from 1 seed overall, no?
No. They are a game ahead. Just need to win 1 of the last 2. Raider should be a given but might as well just end it tomorrow.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

LVCHawk wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:20 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:54 pm Still need to win 2 games to keep Houston from 1 seed overall, no?
No. They are a game ahead. Just need to win 1 of the last 2. Raider should be a given but might as well just end it tomorrow.
I think this is correct. Just have to beat Oakland to have a better conference record than Houston as that is the tiebreaker for them since they didn’t play each other. But if Houston loses today and Chiefs beat Seattle than the 1 seed is locked up before the Oakland game.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:27 am
LVCHawk wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:20 pm
I think this is correct. Just have to beat Oakland to have a better conference record than Houston as that is the tiebreaker for them since they didn’t play each other. But if Houston loses today and Chiefs beat Seattle than the 1 seed is locked up before the Oakland game.
It is correct. This is a cool thing ESPN does. Great for this week and next week.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Chiefs can lose today but win against Oakland and they have the 1 seed wrapped up. Rather them just win though. Houston has a tough game against Philly today.

What I didn’t realize from the result last night is that Pittsburgh almost has to win this game to stay in contention. If they lose, they’ll need a lot of help to get in.

Deleted User 183

Well lookie here kids.
We have a whole bunch of games that matter this week.

My worthless predictions and what the playoff scenario will be.....

Bears at Vikings -4.5 (Vikings win by 10)
Dolphins +3.5 at Bills (Dolphins win by 10)
Lions at Packers -8 (Packers win by 17)
Jets at Patriots -13.5 (Patriots win by 14)
Panthers at Saints -9 (Saints win by 16)
Cowboys at Giants -6 (Giants win by 7)
Falcons +1 at Buccaneers (Falcons win by 7)
Jaguars at Texans -6.5 (Texans win by 13)
Chargers -6.5 at Broncos (Chargers win by 8)
Raiders +13.5 at Chiefs (Chiefs win by 13)
49ers at Rams -10 (Rams win by 13)
Bengals +14.5 at Steelers (Steelers win by 14)
Cardinals at Seahawks -13.5 (Seahawks win by 14)
Eagles -7 at Redskins (Eagles win by 8)
Browns at Ravens -6 (Ravens win by 8)
Colts -3.5 at Titans (Colts win by 10)

AFC
1. Chiefs
2. Patriots
3. Texans
4. Ravens
5. Chargers
6. Colts

NFC
1. Saints
2. Rams
3. Bears
4. Cowboys
5. Eagles
6. Vikings

AFC
Ravens beat the Chargers
Texans beat the Colts
Chiefs beat Colts
Patriots beat Texans
Patriots beat Chiefs

NFC
Seahawks beat Cowboys
Bears beat Vikings
Rams beat Bears
Saints beat Seahawks
Saints beat Rams
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

What would the O/U be in a Chiefs/Rams Super Bowl? 78.5?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Can obviously change, but my predictions for playoff seeding and results.

AFC
1. Chiefs
2. Pats
3. Texans
4. Ravens
5. Chargers
6. Colts

Ravens over Chargers
Colts over Texans
Chiefs over Colts
Pats over Ravens
Chiefs over Pats

NFC
1. Saints
2. Rams
3. Bears
4. Cowboys
5. Seahawks
6. Vikings

Bears over Vikings
Seahawks over Cowboys
Saints over Seahawks
Rams over Bears
Saints beat Rams

Saints beat Chiefs in Super Bowl.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:48 am What would the O/U be in a Chiefs/Rams Super Bowl? 78.5?
Brain fart - I meant Chiefs/Saints.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Saints are pretty easy to take in the NFC.

AFC kind of a mess. Everyone limping to the finish. I guess you put your money on Brady but you don't feel good about it this time around.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

As shit as the Chiefs have looked lately, I'll still feel pretty good about their chances if they don't have to go to Foxboro. That place is a fucking clown show at all times, particularly so in January.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

1-2 years early on the Chiefs. Factoring in raw stats and penalties, they probably have the worst defense in the NFL. And then an offense that no longer looks out of this world and Andy Reid is good for 1-2 bonehead moves over 2 games.

Mahomes is different. Chiefs feel different. Meaning a home loss in AFC Championship sounds right.