THE Golf Thread

Other Sports.
ousdahl

Re: THE Golf Thread

Post by ousdahl »

This match woulda been so much more fun if it happened before Tiger’s hot model wife kicked his ass.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqlFgI8Brom ... grco7w3x4u

Not sure whats going on here....

...but might mean tiger is back baby!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

My guess is he didn’t want to make a scene so he just put it in his pocket and moved on
Deleted User 75

Cascadia wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:41 pm My guess is he didn’t want to make a scene so he just put it in his pocket and moved on
I actually read that she was a tournament official and was giving him some sort of update via note or instructions of some sort....since it was live and they were all mic'd up that may have been the best option.

.....but, it's more fun to think it's something scandalous!
Deleted User 75

The snow has melted just enough that I'll be golfing this afternoon. 40 degrees and sunny. Fireball on chill. Jack and coke on deck. Big bag of greenery. Should be a nice winter afternoon on the course with some fellow degenerates.
Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

Gary woodland with a 3 shot lead over Rory heading into final round in Hawaii. He doesn't have a great track record of closing out in these situations, but he's played awesome all week and his putter is finally working. Probably the best he's putted in his entire career. Some advice he got last year has really clicked and he's finally getting confidence. Hope he can pull it off. Jayhawk or not, he's a class act and deserves some success after all he's been thru.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:36 am Gary woodland with a 3 shot lead over Rory heading into final round in Hawaii. He doesn't have a great track record of closing out in these situations, but he's played awesome all week and his putter is finally working. Probably the best he's putted in his entire career. Some advice he got last year has really clicked and he's finally getting confidence. Hope he can pull it off. Jayhawk or not, he's a class act and deserves some success after all he's been thru.
Gave it a helluva go. Shot a -5 for the final round.

Xander was just better with his 2 eagles on his way to -11 for the round. Whoa.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 75

Ya. Xander was on fire. Woodland actually made an extremely clutch birdie on #17 after watching Xander make birdie right in front of him....that was a big time putt he made....then he kind of choked it up on 18. Easily should have been able to reach the green from his 2nd, but flailed it out right and short. Left himself a doable up and down but the totally fanned the putt. Announcers thought the putt should break a little to his left (iirc) and he blocked/sliced the putt so badly it actually broke right. He was pretty disappointed in his interview, but I think he knew he just ran into a better golfer who caught fire.

Holy fuck there are a shitload of good American golfers under the age of 30 or so right now. It's insane.
Deleted User 75

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsWEibqFViZ ... eafhw9kni7

Gary is a class act. That first hand shake was as he was walking off the 18th green. Not many people could handle that situation with that grace. I know I couldn't. And with stakes as high as they were playing for. Just wow. Always been a woodland fan because he's a Jayhawk, but my love for him grew watching how he handled that shocking defeat.
Deleted User 75

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That's just insane camera angle. And insane that he can do that from that distance and have it just go by the hole.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 75

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 am That's just insane camera angle. And insane that he can do that from that distance and have it just go by the hole.
Still haven't decided if it was fully intentional or a good miss... but impressive regardless.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Deleted User 183

Might be posted somewhere else, if so - sorry.

Rock Chalk Gary & Amy!

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/gary- ... ics-golfer
Deleted User 183

Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Tiger beats Rory in match play

Rory refuses to talk to media afterwards. Poor Rory..boohoo.
Just Ledoux it