Baseball

Other Sports.
Deleted User 57

Re: Baseball

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:11 am 9 times out of 10 I would be negative but right now is one of the 1 times and I am going to say the Flubs win 4-3.
Nice call cheesecrotch! Any other dumb predictions?
Here's one.
Theo and Jed will be too clueless (or kind) not to fire the guy who should be the #1 scapegoat - Chili Davis.
40 games of scoring 1 or 0 runs with that line up is inexcusable.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Cubbie fans can return to what they know best, failure.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 57

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
POTD right there.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Just watched my first entire inning of baseball this year. Yankees vs As wild card game. Post season is so much more exciting!
Deleted User 57

Gee Illini - Ya think so?
Let me let you in on a little secret.
The NBA playoffs and NHL playoffs are "so much more exciting" than the regular seasons are too.

I'm now torn if I want the Indians, Yankees, Dodgers, Brewers, or Red Sox to win the WS.
Knowing me I will end up rooting for the Stros or Braves. I don't see myself rooting for the Rockies against anyone.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Anyone but the Yankees or the Dodgers.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

What's your pick - Coors or Miller?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

LoCain + Moose > Wader.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 57

Rocks with a 2 run 9th to tie it. Anyone know why Hader was yanked?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

MOOOOOSE
Deleted User 57

My guess is it won't be his last game winning hit in the 2018 playoffs.
Will the Brewers win 19 in a row?
Can someone explain to me why Snitker let Foltynewicz hit for himself in the top of the 3rd and then yanked him before he pitched in the bottom of the 3rd?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Brew crew sweeps.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cya Yankees.
Deleted User 57

Dilemma of the day. Have a commitment today but can leave early - around noon. For only $200 (+parking) I can get an adequate seat for Beer VS Blue at Miller Park today. Have to drive about 2.5 hours (traffic) each way. Do I do it?

P.S. - Yes, I know I should have gone last night so I could have "won" a free burger. BUMMER!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2497 ... estaurants
Deleted User 57

Great games yesterday if you are looking for / wanting extended league championship series.
Finally I can put a kibosh on my believing the Brewers might actually win 19 consecutive games.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Homer called back cuz of fan interference?
Deleted User 57

Joe West involved in a controversial decision? No way! He just may have made the right call.
Although.....I don't think Betts was going to catch it.
Who knew Steve Bartman was a Stros fan?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:53 am Joe West involved in a controversial decision? No way! He just may have made the right call.
Although.....I don't think Betts was going to catch it.
Who knew Steve Bartman was a Stros fan?
I think he was going to catch it. The fan's hand closed his glove and he was right on the ball. And I do think West made the right call. Mookie was still pretty far from the wall when his glove got hit.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

But speaking of that game last night. What a catch by Benintendi. If that ball gets by him, the Astros win.

Still think the Stros win the next 2 to make it a 7 game series. But think the Sox ultimately prevail. Sale probably won't pitch until game 6 at the earliest due to stomach bug that put him in hospital.

Price vs Verlander. Former Detroit pitchers going at it. Should be fun.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 57