Why is there no Conor vs Khabib thread?

Other Sports.
painter

Why is there no Conor vs Khabib thread?

Post by painter »

Khabib smashes him.

fight me
Deleted User 75

Re: Why is there no Conor vs Khabib thread?

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Conor better keep this fight on their feet or he's going to either get choked out or tapped out...if he can keep it vertical for long enough to land some shots he might knock him out, but otherwise it'll be a tough fight for him.....should be entertaining either way. Conor has learned some things from Mayweather and is really turning into a promotional genius.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Khabib has announced that he plans to retire after the fight. He wants to go out out on top and undefeated, while for Conor, this is just the next payday. Even if Khabib weren’t the better fighter, the extra motivation gives him the edge.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 75

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:18 am Khabib has announced that he plans to retire after the fight. He wants to go out out on top and undefeated, while for Conor, this is just the next payday. Even if Khabib weren’t the better fighter, the extra motivation gives him the edge.
May not have to worry about retirement after the post fight brawls that ensued. What an insane ending. Khabib completely controlled the fight, never got in much trouble, and only took a few solid shots from Conor....

If you just want to see the bizarre ending scroll to the end. He submits conor, tries to go after him a little more once the fight is over, then throws his mouth piece at Conors team, jumps the octogon and attacks one of Conors guys....then apparently (hard to see because they don't show it directly) one or two of Khabibs guys jumps the fence into the octogon and punches conor in the head a few times....Dana white is pissed.

https://youtu.be/1UM6XkLwppQ
Deleted User 75

Better video of post fight brawls...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BonrkKaFjFE ... q5blw624xb
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

I don't know enough about McGregor and Nurmagomedov but they both come off as total douchebags to me. Maybe it's just the nature of the sport and the entertainment aspect that makes them who they are but I feel it's a shame they both couldn't have lost.

As far as what happened after the fight, Nurmagomedov is a complete asshole. Or maybe I should say a bigger asshole than I thought he was before he jumped out of the Octagon.
I'm surprised no one died. I'm being serious.
Reason #1,794 why I don't care to attend a UCF/MMA fight in person.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bons7ywh11d/?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BonrKx7B8hR/?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

I was listening to Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub talk about the fight on Friday and Schaub said he was not going to the fight because he was worried about either McGregor or Khabib’s people starting a riot in the crowd after the fight. Strangely prophetic.

That Alpha male mentality is just fundamentally different than most of us can fathom. Throes guys are a different breed. You either channel that extra aggression into something like athletics or business or it ends up landing you in prison, where society controls it for you.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the back history of the two camps should have been enough for the ufc to do something proactive and limit the numbers and/or identity of folks present ringside for each side
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:49 am the back history of the two camps should have been enough for the ufc to do something proactive and limit the numbers and/or identity of folks present ringside for each side
Couldn't agree more. Dana White is doing damage control in the press this morning already, blaming the two camps and promising retribution, but the UFC could have done a lot more to mitigate the circumstances.
Jayhawks14

Post by Jayhawks14 »

So glad I watched last night. Rounds 1&3 very anticlimactic, Khabib should have ended him in round 2. So much bad blood not surprising at all what ensued after the fight. Connor just needs to stop with the shit talking because he was straight crushed last night. There WILL be a rematch, how the hell couldn’t there be after what happened?
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

If there is a rematch, I'm pretty confident it's not going to be in Nevada. Maybe not anywhere in the USA.

Not sure why I am unable to post links to videos. I'll figure it out one day.

http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?i ... card=false
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Jayhawks14 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:28 am So glad I watched last night. Rounds 1&3 very anticlimactic, Khabib should have ended him in round 2. So much bad blood not surprising at all what ensued after the fight. Connor just needs to stop with the shit talking because he was straight crushed last night. There WILL be a rematch, how the hell couldn’t there be after what happened?
Khabib announced before the fight that he would retire after this one, win or lose. I think a rematch is highly unlikely.

Conor cares about the payday first and foremost, and he understands that talking crap is what brings in the money. He will keep talking until he’s done fighting.
Deleted User 75

I don't think there will be rematch because I think Conor knows he probably can't beat Khabib. They're just a bad match up.

Conor just signed a 5 or 6 fight deal with UFC, so they don't want him losing again to Khabib before they can exploit some other storylines/match ups.
painter

Post by painter »

Conor is in a world of hurt, because the next guy up for him is Tony Ferguson and he will smash Conor too and make what Khabib did to him look tame.
Deleted User 75

I really hope they don't do a rematch right away. Conor has no chance against Khabib. If they don't want to ruin their cash cow they'll find someone who will stand up with him because his takedown defense and defense from the bottom is not very good currently.