next soccer question

Other Sports.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: next soccer question

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's a lot more doable than other seats because of all the Saturday games.

I love Allen Fieldhouse, but getting there on random Tuesdays for 7:00 p.m. tipoffs was just too tough to keep the seats.

Plus, the built in advantage of soccer: running clock, no multiple overtimes.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm It's a lot more doable than other seats because of all the Saturday games.

I love Allen Fieldhouse, but getting there on random Tuesdays for 7:00 p.m. tipoffs was just too tough to keep the seats.

Plus, the built in advantage of soccer: running clock, no multiple overtimes.
Great experience for the kids, too. Compared to other stuff, super easy in and out, great sight lines, low hassle.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You've been out there, so you know, but with the kids, go ahead and buy a parking pass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:28 pm Trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on SKC season tickets, with another family. That's a lot of soccer.
I'd do it. In a heartbeat. The secondary market is extremely hot for SKC games. And especially with most of their home games on a weekend, their will be some high demand.

18 home games, I believe. Split 9/9 with other family. Attend 5 of those games and sell the remaining. Perfect scenario.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:31 pmThe secondary market is extremely hot for SKC games.
Another great point.

Any time I'm looking for tickets, I almost never see any reserved sets below face.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:31 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:28 pm Trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on SKC season tickets, with another family. That's a lot of soccer.
I'd do it. In a heartbeat. The secondary market is extremely hot for SKC games. And especially with most of their home games on a weekend, their will be some high demand.

18 home games, I believe. Split 9/9 with other family. Attend 5 of those games and sell the remaining. Perfect scenario.
I think the plan is to do 6/6/6 - 6 for my family, 6 for the other guy's family, 6 where my wife and I go with the other couple (and kids stay home).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sounds like a devilish good time.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

brother has two season tix, they love having them

i’ve had a much better time than expected the couple times i’ve been
noosh

Post by noosh »

Everything about MLS games is great except for the fucking soccer.
Deleted User 89

no talk about rape allegations against Ronaldo?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:21 pm brother has two season tix, they love having them

A co-worker of mine has season tix as well. He has always been a huge football fan, but he likes soccer more now. 90 minutes of continuous action except for a 10 minute half time period. Yeah it's not high-scoring, but there is at least some movement from all 11 players on each side the entire game.

There's a couple of radio guys that I listen to that have railed on soccer for years. Saying it's so boring and a 1-0 game is horrible. But yet, they both love baseball and think it's the best sport. Which you can't hate soccer for boredom and love baseball.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 89

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:55 am
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:21 pm brother has two season tix, they love having them

A co-worker of mine has season tix as well. He has always been a huge football fan, but he likes soccer more now. 90 minutes of continuous action except for a 10 minute half time period. Yeah it's not high-scoring, but there is at least some movement from all 11 players on each side the entire game.

There's a couple of radio guys that I listen to that have railed on soccer for years. Saying it's so boring and a 1-0 game is horrible. But yet, they both love baseball and think it's the best sport. Which you can't hate soccer for boredom and love baseball.
have never considered soccer boring, myself. i’ve been to a number of KU women’s matches over the last few years, and it’s always been a good time. i’m convinced that one needs to watch a match in person to really gain respect for what it is.

i played all four major sports growing up, but for whatever reason, soccer was the first to go. niece and nephew playing has rejuvenated my interest over the past several years, and i now find myself seeking out random matches on tv, rather than random basketball games
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 am
i played all four major sports growing up, but for whatever reason, soccer was the first to go. niece and nephew playing has rejuvenated my interest over the past several years, and i now find myself seeking out random matches on tv, rather than random basketball games
[/quote]

I'm almost the exact the same in boat. Played all 4 major sports until 5th grade. Baseball left first because I just wasn't that good at the time. And I grew sick of it. Was on a traveling soccer team until 7th grade. Then it interfered with my favorite sport (Football) so I stopped playing, but it was the sport that I was probably best at during that time. Was a really dang good midfielder. Ended up in HS playing Football, Basketball and running Track.

Have coached my son's and daughters teams the last couple of years, and I'm enjoying it a ton. Rec-league level so nothing serious as of now. Just mainly running around out there and seeing their joy playing, makes me miss the game.

But I am hooked on soccer again. I do try to find matches all over the place. With Sling TV, I have BeIN, NBC Sports, FS1, so I'm able to watch most of the bigger leagues.

I only watch basketball outside of KU games to get a grip on the teams for my trip to Vegas during first weekend of NCAA tournament.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Women’s collegiate soccer sucks on a whole, for me, is because they send long passes to each other that they never have a chance to catch up to.

It’s constant.
Deleted User 89

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 pm Women’s collegiate soccer sucks on a whole, for me, is because they send long passes to each other that they never have a chance to catch up to.

It’s constant.
KU women have been pretty good these last couple of seasons, and i’ve enjoyed the matches i’ve seen. plus, when the weather cooperates it’s just a nice evening at rock chalk park
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

is freddie adu a bust? or is he still young enough to develop into a premier worldwide soccer star? has he hit his peak?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Haven't heard that name in forever!
noosh

Post by noosh »

Best thing about chick soccer is so much tasty pussy to watch out there!
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Soccer World Loses Indoor Legend Fernando Clavijo. R.I.P.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sporting did some good things in the first round of the CONCACAF Champions League.

Toluca is trash, but to win on aggregate 5-0. And to be the first MLS team ever to win the 2nd leg in Mexico is a big deal. MLS overall had a really good showing. All 4 teams advanced to the Quarters.